Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Death of a Christian: The Pain and Joy of Final Farewell

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi there,

I admit that I did not continue to read as the link suggests I ought. And, I suppose the reason for that is because my view of death is set in stone. It is the transition to a place other than this world, which belongs to Satan. Because of that, we as Christians should feel like aliens in a strange and foreign land. I know I do.

Having felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, I can assure all who read that they should also be eagerly awaiting New Life in the presence of the Father, Son, and Spirit. To be clothed with Righteousness; to know of nothing evil; to be restored to a state similar to Adam and Eve . . . we cannot know these things until we die.

More important than my meager words are the Holy Words of God Himself:

Psalm 116:15 NKJV - "Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints."

Ecclesiastes 7:1 NKJV - "A good name is better than precious ointment, And the day of death than the day of one's birth . . ."

If this is how our God feels about death, and can't think of a good reason for us not to feel the same, exact way.

Hi there,

I admit that I did not continue to read as the link suggests I ought. And, I suppose the reason for that is because my view of death is set in stone. It is the transition to a place other than this world, which belongs to Satan. Because of that, we as Christians should feel like aliens in a strange and foreign land. I know I do.

Having felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, I can assure all who read that they should also be eagerly awaiting New Life in the presence of the Father, Son, and Spirit. To be clothed with Righteousness; to know of nothing evil; to be restored to a state similar to Adam and Eve . . . we cannot know these things until we die.

More important than my meager words are the Holy Words of God Himself:

Psalm 116:15 NKJV - "Precious in the sight of the LORD Is the death of His saints."

Ecclesiastes 7:1 NKJV - "A good name is better than precious ointment, And the day of death than the day of one's birth . . ."

If this is how our God feels about death, and can't think of a good reason for us not to feel the same, exact way.
The loss of of wife ,husband ,child will break our hearts .

My dad is in heaven .he wasn't perfect yet I have a shared interest in history and I can explore it from a different view as I served ,he didnt.he talks battles and the politics of both the civil war and WW2 .I can place myself as his father who fought in WW2 and having PTSD I could get grandpa to open up and only I and he would walk that memory .alas I served in Afghanistan after my grandpa died .

My dad died last year . I pass or visit his old haunts each month .

My point is that when loose them out ache to be with them hurts and we will also be on tears of joy but the sorrow of them dead makes all the more joyful in heaven .it serves as a reminder that God is faithful and will do as he says.

There is nothing sinful about crying or mourning .Jesus wept over Lazarus

Death is a curse in this fallen world. Hints of frailty and mortality are hitting my bubble. Thankfully it isn’t my parents. And yet…

Close enough to wake me up I suppose. Not that it’s about me because it isn’t. I’m just trying to glean what I can from the situation. Ugh 😑

Death is a curse in this fallen world. Hints of frailty and mortality are hitting my bubble. Thankfully it isn’t my parents. And yet…

Close enough to wake me up I suppose. Not that it’s about me because it isn’t. I’m just trying to glean what I can from the situation. Ugh 😑

You aren't looking forward to death? Whew . . . I can't wait to get out of this skin as I absolutely relate with the Apostle Paul when he said:

Philippians 1:23-24 CSB - "I am torn between the two. I long to depart and be with Christ -- which is far better -- but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for your sake."

You aren't looking forward to death? Whew . . . I can't wait to get out of this skin as I absolutely relate with the Apostle Paul when he said:

Philippians 1:23-24 CSB - "I am torn between the two. I long to depart and be with Christ -- which is far better -- but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for your sake."
How do you arrive at that with ce posts?

My wife is 64 ,the day may come I will be a widow and I have to plan for life without her .I'm not 50.

My mom is 74.i know plenty of dead saints .buried two recently ,dad is one and a other who got covid the same week I did. Loosing them makes ponder our immortality .death should .I believe being thankful that you have parents alive and you can see them is a far far cry from sin .

I quote two other saints

One a vet nam vet dying from agent orange and had known the day would come and was ready .
If by my death offends you forgive it's my first time .he laughed at it .

Then my great aunt ,

I'm not afraid of death ,I'm know where I'm going .she died at 98.

Dad died not aware who he was ,who was married to ,his kids he didn't know .couldn't talk .yeah that not the way I want to die .

Yet because my dad,grandfather's had died from it.im at risk .my dad has grandchildren who they only will see in pictures as I did with my grandmother .stories at the most told by me or my siblings or mom.

No voice of my dad to listen to ,or person to touch .

It is that void that makes long for the day when death shall be no more

Last edited:
When I see my uncle Jack or think of lake Worth .I think of grandpa John ,his sister and that time.that old house .

Old Florida memories of the turnpike bring back their voices .

Who is the good guy ?
I hear grandpa say that clearly .
The smell of orange blossoms behind that house,the jelly beans .the living room with the jalousie windows and the rabbit ear tv running . The rocking chair and the old Maytag washer .

The five phone rings to let us know they made it home .

How do you arrive at that with ce posts?

I don't arrive at my understanding through "ce's" post. I arrive at my understanding based on the Scriptures. Isn't that what you do?

Dad died not aware who he was ,who was married to ,his kids he didn't know .couldn't talk .yeah that not the way I want to die .

I am very sorry that this was your experience, and I can certainly understand your desire not to perish in this manner. My "adoptive" father has Alzheimer's / dementia . . . I spent 5 of the most miserable years of my life trying to help him as he continued to revert into a child more and more. But these things do not dissuade me from the desire to perish and go Home to be with Christ.

I have felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God . . . I am not thrilled about a possible long and painful death, but I have no fear of death itself and no one else should either. If "you" have felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, "you" would be anxious to go home and be with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I don't arrive at my understanding through "ce's" post. I arrive at my understanding based on the Scriptures. Isn't that what you do?

I am very sorry that this was your experience, and I can certainly understand your desire not to perish in this manner. My "adoptive" father has Alzheimer's / dementia . . . I spent 5 of the most miserable years of my life trying to help him as he continued to revert into a child more and more. But these things do not dissuade me from the desire to perish and go Home to be with Christ.

I have felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God . . . I am not thrilled about a possible long and painful death, but I have no fear of death itself and no one else should either. If "you" have felt the Raw, Almighty Power of God, "you" would be anxious to go home and be with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Why do you have sorrow ?

Why do you sin in that you miss parents ,kids family that are dead ?

Because you said I am sorry .

An emotion that means you are sad .

Sorrow .it's a sin .

You should be fully of joy dad was dying the way he did .

Jason, it seems that we are having a major communication problem. And, I don't believe there is anything I can do about that. I will do my best to remember this as we attempt to communicate in the future.

Jason, it seems that we are having a major communication problem. And, I don't believe there is anything I can do about that. I will do my best to remember this as we attempt to communicate in the future.
Uhm no.yiu literally jump on ce for simply stating that he stating he doesn't want his parents to die

I merely trolled you to show you that is what you do.

Honoring and relishing our parents life on earth and spending time ri treasure the gift .yes my dad despite his failures and faults was a gift from God and as his son I am to him .

That is what I I see

He is his In mid 30s about when most see or hear of friend due ,loose a parent ,or someone .I was 27 when grandpa harry died ,38 at when his wife died.

We aren't robots in that we switch off the love and longing for them .we will simply miss them and with that it will be sorrow .if you don't feel this or go through this ,then you never actually loved that person .

Try not to impose your thoughts on plain context of what ce posted or anyone . Ce simply said life and it's frailty and the curse of sin has started to make him ponder what is eternal versus temporary.

Nothing more .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back