Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Defining the Trinity

actually this demonation says that, and how if the father came to the EARTH, as christ can he then pray to himself.

http://www.upci.org/about.asp

i have friends that attend the local one, they preach salvation is this

typical oneness
you need the hs (baptism) to be saved

the above verses support the trinity, not the oneness.

the church that i posted later is the one that claims that, i have visited that local branch, though they never told me that.

i heard of the oneness idea from others. and i also think about what that entails.

jasoncran said:
actually this demonation says that, and how if the father came to the EARTH, as christ can he then pray to himself.

http://www.upci.org/about.asp

i have friends that attend the local one, they preach salvation is this

typical oneness
you need the hs (baptism) to be saved
Now the oneness believers indeed say the Father came to Earth as the Son, but they do not say what you calim in your post and I quote
oneness, means that there's no son,father, or the holyspirit.

Now as far as being baptized in the holy Spirit to be saved that is a separate doctrine of the UPC, who also believe in oneness it in itself is not part of the oneness doctrine. That would be like saying you must be baptized in water is part of the trinitarian doctrine just because some trinitarians believe that

jasoncran said:
the above verses support the trinity, not the oneness.

the church that i posted later is the one that claims that, i have visited that local branch, though they never told me that.

i heard of the oneness idea from others. and i also think about what that entails.
What above verses there are not verses above?????

those verses that claim support the trinity not the idea of oneness.

think about it, if the father came to heaven. how can the lord on the CROSS say to the father , why do you forsake me? is God psychotic. and what of the verse in isaih that it please the lord to put his serveant to death?

so if father took on flesh what was in heaven, that talked back to him?

then theres the idea, that father has given all power and authority to the son, or the idea that he was told what to say by the father.

-

Is there any Christian who believes Jesus to be a prophet instead of god? Gospels also identify Jesus as prophet.

John 6:14
After the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus did, they began to say, "Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world."

Luke 24:20
"About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.

Mark 6:4
Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

Matthew 13:57
And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor."

---------------------------

A person can not be God and a prophet at one time. A prophet by definition is servant of God. Do you agree?

-

suhaiil said:
A person can not be God and a prophet at one time. A prophet by definition is servant of God. Do you agree?
I do not think any Christians would agree with that. Even Non-Trinitarian Christian acknowledge that Yahshua was a god sent by Yahwah, and that he was also a prophet. There is no reason he can not be both. All who "SERVE" God are "servants" and Sons of God.

People are called "Sons of God" through election, which means that they become the Elect. The Elect are those who keep the commandments of God and have faith in His Messiah. Yahwah has place Yahshua in charge of this world, and no one is able to come to the Father "Yahwah," but through Yahshua.

-

mdo757

You wrote:

I do not think any Christians would agree with that. Even Non-Trinitarian Christian acknowledge that Yahshua was a god sent by Yahwah, and that he was also a prophet. There is no reason he can not be both. All who "SERVE" God are "servants" and Sons of God.

These comments have further confused me.

Q: All prophets SERVED the God so by your definition were they all Sons of God?

Q: Are Yahshua and Yahwah Gods of EQUAL might and attributes?

-

suhaiil said:
-

mdo757

You wrote:

These comments have further confused me.

Q: All prophets SERVED the God so by your definition were they all Sons of God?

Q: Are Yahshua and Yahwah Gods of EQUAL might and attributes?

-
The term "Son-s of God" is a title for those who serve Yahwah.
Here is what Yahshua said:

John 14:28
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

This is because the Son wishes to glorify the Father just as the Father wishes to glorify the Son. Look at John 17:1-5

1After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The Father gives His Son glory so that His Son may give Him glory. Their love is unmatched and no doubt They love to glorify one another.

When God first announced His Son He said, " This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." This beloved is just one example of the Father giving Glory to His Son.

Thanks and God Bless friends.

Faithful4Christ said:
When God first announced His Son He said, " This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." This beloved is just one example of the Father giving Glory to His Son.

Thanks and God Bless friends.

We can glorify God and Jesus with our godly witnesses. So are we God too?

mdo said;
The term "Son-s of God" is a title for those who serve Yahwah.
Here is what Yahshua said:
John 14:28
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Craig said;
Well said and very good use of God manifestation in the use of the proper names. The heavenly Father had to hide the names deep in mystery and confusion so that puny little man could not curse Him.
Through the curse words of today people think they are using the proper names of deity when in point of fact the modern names for God are well hidden in the old testament. YHWH= He who shall be mighty ones . Yashua= Yah's saviour. The son of YHWH is a Jew. He does not speak English. The apostles will not call Him Jesus, an English word.

For forty years I have sought just one person to show me, a doubting Thomas, one Bible verse.

To my chagrin there has never been any one wise enough to answer this very simple question.

Perhaps someone reading these posts has the Bible knowledge to help me believe correctly.

I am one of those that believe 2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

If it says it in the Bible I believe it.

Craig= Doubting Thomas

Back