Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Demonic Oppression...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
There is so many different types of demons and evil spirits that it's hard to keep them straight. I'm pretty sure that the term demonic oppression is a nice way of saying demon possessed but in our ninny society it's almost illegal to (gasp) offend someone. But that's most of the miracles that Jesus did while on earth, casting out demons and spirits.

We have all authority over them and can easily cast them out and Jesus tells us to. For anyone seeking to take a look at real truth and help themselves with their problems with demonic oppression, I give you Derek Prince. This is such a good teaching! And he cast demons out of the entire congregation in this service towards the end. And you can hear them coming out! It's a wee bit scary. Not really! I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me!

Yeah it's long but worth it. So many tools he gives out in his message!

Reactions: JLB
Did you know a demon can not possess a Spiritually born again Christian that is indwelled with the Holy Spirit!

Mark 5:1-20 is the definitive passage on demon possession and its effects in the Bible. Some of the details about demons the Bible reveals in this passage are:

1. Devils want to be near dead human bodies or tombs (vs. 2, 3, 5).
2. They can cause unusual strength (vs. 3-4).
3. They can make a person unreasonable or immune to sensible persuasion (vs. 4).
4. They cause excessive crying (vs. 5).
5. They cause sadistic and masochistic behavior (vs. 5).
6. They have an affinity for heights (vs. 5).
7. They recognize Christ as "the Son of God" and appeal to Him (vs. 6-7).
8. They know they deserve torment and dread it (vs. 6-7).
9. They have names (vs. 9).
10. More than one can possess the same body (vs. 9).
11. They desire to stay in the same geographical region or "country" (vs. 10).
12. They would rather indwell an animal body than none at all (vs. 12).
13. They can cause animals to kill themselves (vs. 13).
14. They desire to be in a body when it dies (vs. 13).
15. They have a desire for water (vs. 13).

Mark 9:17-29 gives us even more details about devils:

16. They can cause dumbness and deafness (vs. 17, 25).
17. They cause rabid animal like behavior (vs. 18).
18. They can indwell from childhood (vs. 21).
19. They cause suicidal behavior (vs. 22).
20. They resist leaving a body and violently "rent" it while leaving (vs. 26).
21. There are different kinds of devils. Some have more power than others (vs. 29).
22. Some can only be removed by prayer and fasting of believer (vs. 29).

Ephesians 6:12 states Satan has a hierarchy of "devils" in his kingdom, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Thus some devils have more power and authority than others.

In Daniel 10:13 (as well as Mark 9:29) there is an example of this. "The prince of the kingdom of Persia" withstood the angel sent to explain Daniel's vision to him for 21 days. He could only break free when the angel Michael came and helped him overcome the powerful "prince." The "prince" may have been Satan, but more likely he was a very powerful devil.

Spiritually born again Christians who are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:9-11; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19, could never have a demon possess them, but one can oppress them like that of Paul's thorn in the flesh. The Holy Spirit would not allow a demon to possess the same person He is dwelling in.

1 Peter 1:13-25; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20, God would not allow a demon to enter into one of His own as we are a new creation in Christ covered by His blood. We wage war with Satan and his demons on a daily basis, but not from within ourselves as we are of God and through Christ we have overcome them because greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world, 1 John 4:4.

Ephesians 6:10-20 we put on the full armour of God everyday in order to stand against the evil one and his demons. The believer has overcome the world of demons and nowhere in scripture does it say that one of God's own can be demon possessed.

Did you know a demon can not possess a Spiritually born again Christian that is indwelled with the Holy Spirit!

They can certainly oppress them.

However we are a spirit, with a soul and live in a body.

If we sin, we open the door to demonic oppression.

Paul says it this way —

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

Only someone who belongs to the Lord, has the right to deliverance.

Jesus says deliverance from evil spirits is the childrens bread.

But Jesus said to her, “Let the children be filled first, for it is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.
Mark 7:27

Only covenant children OF God, Abraham’s children have a right to this blessing, with the exception of a couple of Gentiles who had faith.

If you belong to Satan, then he and his demons have a legal right, or legal access to you.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7

JLB

I stand corrected! Ok, so there is possession and oppression and they are different. People with no Holy Spirit could become possessed whicl Spirit filled believers can not be. But Christian believers can be oppressed by demons looking for an open door in.

1. Devils want to be near dead human bodies or tombs (vs. 2, 3, 5).
2. They can cause unusual strength (vs. 3-4).
3. They can make a person unreasonable or immune to sensible persuasion (vs. 4).
4. They cause excessive crying (vs. 5).
5. They cause sadistic and masochistic behavior (vs. 5).
6. They have an affinity for heights (vs. 5).
7. They recognize Christ as "the Son of God" and appeal to Him (vs. 6-7).
8. They know they deserve torment and dread it (vs. 6-7).
9. They have names (vs. 9).
10. More than one can possess the same body (vs. 9).
11. They desire to stay in the same geographical region or "country" (vs. 10).
12. They would rather indwell an animal body than none at all (vs. 12).
13. They can cause animals to kill themselves (vs. 13).
14. They desire to be in a body when it dies (vs. 13).
15. They have a desire for water (vs. 13).
1. Just like even a broken down car is better than no car. At least with a broken down one they could still sit and look at it and wonder if the could get it to work for them. You see, demons can't do much without a body. Wander around I guess. But with a body they become sort of superhuman, so that's what they all want. Make room for me they said.
Believers have to be careful to not accidently open a spiritual door for them to enter!

2-8. Agreed.

9. They have names (and types) and sometimes I understand that one must know their type or name in order to be able to cast them out. The more powerful the demon the more it takes to cast it out. Like some do not go out except by prayer and fasting.

But nevertheless, us believers have been given authority over all of them in Christ's name. And I learned that if one does not know the name or type of the demon, then the phrase "deliver us from evil" will either work or back them down some. That from the Lords prayer and if you word study that phrase, It means every kind of evil and in this moment...

Works agains our 3 enemies: Self will, the enemy (including demons), and the evil of the world (Which covers the heavens too so, about to be abducted by a UFO? Deliver us from evil and watch it make a U turn). In Jesus Name!

They can certainly oppress them.

However we are a spirit, with a soul and live in a body.

If we sin, we open the door to demonic oppression.

Paul says it this way —

Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. 2 Corinthians 7:1

Only someone who belongs to the Lord, has the right to deliverance.

Jesus says deliverance from evil spirits is the childrens bread.

But Jesus said to her, “Let the children be filled first, for it is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.
Mark 7:27

Only covenant children OF God, Abraham’s children have a right to this blessing, with the exception of a couple of Gentiles who had faith.

If you belong to Satan, then he and his demons have a legal right, or legal access to you.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
James 4:7

JLB
I agree they can only oppress those who have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as I already said. Just like Paul who prayed three times to take this thorn away from him, he was told "My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

9. They have names (and types) and sometimes I understand that one must know their type or name in order to be able to cast them out. The more powerful the demon the more it takes to cast it out. Like some do not go out except by prayer and fasting.
There are some stronger than the others as well I know in my experience of casting out demons in the name of Jesus, but I don't think we actually need to know their name in order to cast them out in the name of Jesus. I will say though that we need to be prayed up first and have faith to know when we cast out a demon it is not by us casting them out, but only through the name and power of Jesus are they to flee. So many think they can do this on their own like the disciples and wonder why they failed. It is not something to mess around with if you are not equipped to do so.

Mat 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Mat 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

There are some stronger than the others as well I know in my experience of casting out demons in the name of Jesus, but I don't think we actually need to know their name in order to cast them out in the name of Jesus. I will say though that we need to be prayed up first and have faith to know when we cast out a demon it is not by us casting them out, but only through the name and power of Jesus are they to flee. So many think they can do this on their own like the disciples and wonder why they failed. It is not something to mess around with if you are not equipped to do so.

You can say that again! I'm not anxious to go out and start taking on demons. Even if I do have the authority in Jesus Name. But I think the more Spirit filled you are, the more demons will seek you out and try to take you down maybe.

Look at Jesus's ministry. Everywhere He went, demons start manifesting all around Him. As soon as He steps off the boat, as soon as He walks into the synogogue. Jesus did more casting out of demons than He did anything else I think. It's probably the light of God that Jesus carried and that is written that we carry that the demons react to. ?? Probably, so even if you don't want to go demon hunting, they might just walk up to you. Just ask CE. Demons manifest everytime he steps out the door! But he is a child of God so they can't touch him. All they can do is stand in the shadows and grumble and talk crap.

Mat 17:14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
Mat 17:15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
Mat 17:16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
Mat 17:17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
Mat 17:18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.
Mat 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Mat 17:21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

Here is where he says you need to know their name and he also talks about how parents have accidently exposed their childrin to demons, some even still in the womb.

The main question is what created every thing good and evil is the mystery about why was it created, some fear some laugh at same reaction is common influences by your minds belief by flesh and bloods conditioned education by religion, science, neg and pos for this life to not judge anything is a mirror teacher about your creations you doubt till you wake beyond hate, fear, ect........then you can start to open the door called I AM hides in man untill its freed, Luke 17: Hints you don't see, or hear, God Kingdom IN YOU.
Caterpillars don't wait for butterflies to come down and create butterflies outside them they do it themselves a hint flesh and bloods called man seem to forget what they can do inside themselves where fear and judgment keeps you looking outside isn't new enemies called satan, devils, demons easily divert you away from your self, everyone wakes even evil can't defeat grace and mercy.

I stand corrected! Ok, so there is possession and oppression and they are different.

But I think the more Spirit filled you are, the more demons will seek you out and try to take you down maybe.
just the opposite.

Demons look to oppress those Christians who are carnal and easily deceived, especially ones who have not been baptized with the Spirit.

Here is where he says you need to know their name and he also talks about how parents have accidently exposed their childrin to demons, some even still in the womb.

I was there in the service and there was a spirit in a young woman crying out and got she delivered. This was Sunday morning. The deliverance mini conference was on Wednesday and I will post that.

We also stayed for the Sunday evening service which was not filmed and was a mass Deliverance service. Several people with unclean spirits were set free.

The main message starts at the 47:00 min mark.

However the worship and his intro is awesome as he hammers on the Masonic Lodge who are trying to get him shut down.

JLB

I'm not going to sit and watch an hour long video. Can you give the scriptures he talks about and we can discuss them.

You can say that again! I'm not anxious to go out and start taking on demons. Even if I do have the authority in Jesus Name. But I think the more Spirit filled you are, the more demons will seek you out and try to take you down maybe.

Look at Jesus's ministry. Everywhere He went, demons start manifesting all around Him. As soon as He steps off the boat, as soon as He walks into the synogogue. Jesus did more casting out of demons than He did anything else I think. It's probably the light of God that Jesus carried and that is written that we carry that the demons react to. ?? Probably, so even if you don't want to go demon hunting, they might just walk up to you. Just ask CE. Demons manifest everytime he steps out the door! But he is a child of God so they can't touch him. All they can do is stand in the shadows and grumble and talk crap.
Satan will always send his hoard of demon spirits out to temp us and try to torment us who are indwelled with the Holy Spirit, but yet we are more than conquers through Christ Jesus who has already by God's grace given us all power and authority over them in the name of Jesus they must flee.

Luke 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Monster in the closet or under the bed? Teach the children that Jesus is boss and they can make them leave in Jesus Name!

Get out right now and leave in Jesus name. Don't come back! :yes
When my niece was little she saw and old women sitting across the room in the rocking chair and ask my sister who that lady was. My sister saw the rocking chair rocking, but did not see what my niece saw. She rebuke that spirit in the name of Jesus and took holy oil and anointed every room in her house while she was praying and my niece never saw it again.

Edward I really do not have the time to sit and watch long videos. Can you possibly repeat some of the things he says as I know nowhere in scripture where it says we need to know their names unless I am wrong. I never needed to know the names of the ones that Christ through me cast out as they had to leave.

I do agree that parents can expose their children to demons even in the womb.

Mind not religion is teaching how it effects you, flesh is in need of male, female, jew, gentile, ect..........flesh needs but not in Christ mind is in you called Christ thats God mind Phil 2: Tells you What to be with your Mind, of coarse flesh calls it blasphemous and will try to change your mind. Saul's mind was two then became one and New Wine that isn't tastes or noise, flesh still needs it, male, female, jew, gentile ect none in God Mind but still in flesh experts.

Back