Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Demonic possessions

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
In Matthew 8:28, where it says that the demons that possessed the two men and ran to Jesus, did they get on their knees? is there any reference to this that they did that? I was watching a sermon and the pastor added that. However, I did not see it in the book of Matthew. Is it in the other books (Mark, Luke) because I know they gave more details than Matthew did?

According to the word.. 1st HI! No where according to the original does it say they got on their knees. Yes there is coming a day when all will bow.. Thats written.

Oh, they were face down before the almighty God Brother! They were worried and looking for mercy, is it our time yet? Can we go into the pigs instead of what you'll prolly do to us? Sure sounds like it.

Reactions: JLB
According to the word.. 1st HI! No where according to the original does it say they got on their knees. Yes there is coming a day when all will bow.. Thats written.
Mark 5 and Matt 8 describe the same incident. And verse 6 of Mark 5 says he (they) knelt before HIM.

Oh, they were face down before the almighty God Brother! They were worried and looking for mercy, is it our time yet? Can we go into the pigs instead of what you'll prolly do to us? Sure sounds like it.
They = the men, not the demons. Those things had to go along for the ride.
Even having thousands of those things inside you wanting to run the other way cannot keep you from going to Jesus for help.

They = the men, not the demons. Those things had to go along for the ride.

They the demons. The man or men too. You think the demons came out of the man right away and were standing behind the man talking to Jesus?

I don't think so. Those demons were terrified. They didn't want to leave the host body. Spirtiual possession was a major problem back then and they (Jesus & the Disciples) went around casting them out regularly. You see, disembodied spirits can't really do a whole lot but wander because they have no body. But when someone opens a door and accidently lets one in, then the spirit has what amounts to superhuman abilities. But even so, the Almighty Creator of the entire universe was walking up....I don't think they was allowed to run away, lol. When Jesus walks into the room, everything stops before Him! Being in the body, they had no choice but to yield to what the man's body was doing. Maybe sometimes demons can make people do things, but...that man could do it and run to the Lord because (everyone) has the God seed within them and that's what the Lord does!

When God is standing there, it creates special circumstances!!
(We need a lightning bolt emoji, lol) Boom!

Last edited:
They the demons. The man or men too. You think the demons came out of the man right away and were standing behind the man talking to Jesus?
I think you misread me. It was the men who came to Our Lord and knelt down, not the demons. And they did NOT come out of the men until told to do so.

My point was that even a whole legion of the devil's minions can't keep us away from our Lord.

I don't think so. Those demons were terrified. They didn't want to leave the host body. Spiritual possession was a major problem back then
Of course they were terrified. Being dragged in front of their ultimate Judge.
There is nothing to say that being demonized is any less of a problem today.

Personally i do not add to the bible because that becomes heresy. Taking away is also heresy. That being said, I believe that its possible to gain insight in the verses of the bible through deep contemplation of the words, and insight into the texts.

Personally i do not add to the bible because that becomes heresy. Taking away is also heresy. That being said, I believe that its possible to gain insight in the verses of the bible through deep contemplation of the words, and insight into the texts.
Could you expand on that? I did not quite understand what you meant by your post.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back