Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Demons

Should all churches who claim to be Christian cast out demons?

OF course they "Should".

A few actually DO, and most of Christendom is so superstitiously fearful of the subject that they remain willfully ignorant of it, and don't even like to speak of it.

Should all churches who claim to be Christian cast out demons?

OF course they "Should".

A few actually DO, and most of Christendom is so superstitiously fearful of the subject that they remain willfully ignorant of it, and don't even like to speak of it.

It's sad really

I've never seen anything to affirm that there are particular demons devoted to certain vices or temptations. I believe in describing the lion prowling, I see demons as knowing our weaknesses and preying on them. C.S. Lewis said (and I paraphrase) One mistake Christians make with Satan is to give worry about him too much. Another mistake they make is to not concern themselves with him at all.

Satan clearly has a legion of demons he has sent out. I don't believe Satan himself cares about me, or that he even knows I exist. He's not God with omnipresence. He's one singular fallen angel. But, I'm confident he has demons on the case.

Matthew 12:
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23533">43</sup>"When an evil<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href=&quot;#fen-NIV-23533f&quot; title=&quot;See footnote f&quot;>f</a>]"></sup> spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23534">44</sup>Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23535">45</sup>Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Although I didn't particularly enjoy Lewis's "Screwtape Letters", I believe he paints a very realistic picture of the forces at work around us.

I've never seen anything to affirm that there are particular demons devoted to certain vices or temptations. I believe in describing the lion prowling, I see demons as knowing our weaknesses and preying on them. C.S. Lewis said (and I paraphrase) One mistake Christians make with Satan is to give worry about him too much. Another mistake they make is to not concern themselves with him at all.

Satan clearly has a legion of demons he has sent out. I don't believe Satan himself cares about me, or that he even knows I exist. He's not God with omnipresence. He's one singular fallen angel. But, I'm confident he has demons on the case.

Matthew 12:
<sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23533">43</sup>"When an evil<sup class="footnote" value="[<a href=&quot;#fen-NIV-23533f&quot; title=&quot;See footnote f&quot;>f</a>]"></sup> spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23534">44</sup>Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. <sup class="versenum" id="en-NIV-23535">45</sup>Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first."

Although I didn't particularly enjoy Lewis's "Screwtape Letters", I believe he paints a very realistic picture of the forces at work around us.

I just worry that today's Church doesn't see it this clearly...It is something to be informed of...not to worry about

Thanks for the post

Back