Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] Derailed, lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

John

I am writing another evolution report for my youth group.

i want to compile a list of "which came first" pieces

this article however is not just for evolution, its also for abiogenis and everything else.

The chicken or the egg.
The stars to make the elements or the elements to make the stars.
etc etc

lets make this list grow. :)

Re: Creationists only please

1. The Universe measures 156Billion light years across and yet it is only 13.6 Billion years old!!

2. That means that in the first few minutes of "Creation" even by Cosmologist's accounting of it -- the ENTIRE UNIVERSE lept into existance FASTER than the speed of light - moving out to 130 Billion light years across in just minutes!!

Sounds like "IN the beginning GOD SAID -- and it was so"

3. The universe is also at a stabelized temperature (background radiation) permiated and static -- and even at 13.6 Billion years old that is WAY TOO SOON. So when they did the W-MAP to get the picture at 300,000 years old they find it is STILL completely settled at "Equilibrium" in it's temp. Which is eVen MORE surprising!! God pops the universe out -- essentially "mature".

4. There has been no science proving that you can get homo sapiens from some other gene pool. Just doesn't happen.

5. There has been no scienc proving that you can get even ONE single living cell from an abiotic soup.

in Christ,

bob

Which came first: organic chemicals or organisms? Organic compounds are those made by living things- DNA is organic. How could something that can only be made by organisms, yet are necessary for the organism's survival, come to exist?

IN THE BEGINNING God CREATED the Heavens AND the earth.

Though the Universe was not created in that one single week of "Evenings and mornings" -- yet all LIFE on this planet WAS.

on the first day you have light.

The second day you have dry land. I gotta think we have a lot of chemicals by then - compounds but NOT life. (BTW - "organic" can be generalized to mean "carbon based compounds")

Third day - plants -- yep that means life.

Fourth day - Sun and Moon.

Fifth day - birds and fish.

6th day - land animals and mankind (man and woman -- Adam and Eve).

7th day rest.

Bottom line is that plants did not "evolve" since they can not do that "in one evening and morning" and further - you can never go from "water to plants" in any science lab known to mankind much less "on it's own".

in Christ,

Bob

Dunzo said:
johnmuise said:
Wow it looks like my article is gonna flourish
Flourish with misinformation, lies, and fallacy, sure.

Ahem... "creationists only..i even said please. tsk tsk hold your horses boy, and debate the article when it arrives.

sorry john. I'm being lazy right now.. just a repost from earlier..
Which came first, proteins or DNA (Revelation 4:11)? For evolutionists, the chicken or egg dilemma goes even deeper. Chickens consist of proteins. The code for each protein is contained in the DNA/RNA system. However, proteins are required in order to manufacture DNA. So which came first: proteins or DNA? The ONLY explanation is that they were created together.
:wink:

Which came first, God or the Universe? :tongue

Deep Thought said:

Ahem... "creationists only..i even said please. tsk tsk hold your horses boy, and debate the article when it arrives.

and it was god :wink:

Deep Thought said:

God -- remember the Steady State theory died with Penzias and Wilson's discovery.

Now even the atheist cosmologists have "in the beginning God said... and IT WAS SO".

in Christ,

Bob

Dunzo said:
johnmuise said:
Wow it looks like my article is gonna flourish
Flourish with misinformation, lies, and fallacy, sure.

Posts from followers of atheist darwinism are always so rich "in detail and worthwhile substance".

-- ok "not".

johnmuise said:
I am writing another evolution report for my youth group.

i want to compile a list of "which came first" pieces

this article however is not just for evolution, its also for abiogenis and everything else.

The chicken or the egg.
The stars to make the elements or the elements to make the stars.
etc etc

lets make this list grow. :)

Look to Genesis, not us, for the truth. :) God gives the order of things and since he created the stars and sun in one day, then it doesn't appear that it makes much difference which came first. ;-)

I meant things that we observed that totally blows evolution apart, like the chicken or the egg.

stuff like this, "The Universe measures 156Billion light years across and yet it is only 13.6 Billion years old!!" is really good

johnmuise said:
I meant things that we observed that totally blows evolution apart, like the chicken or the egg.

stuff like this, "The Universe measures 156Billion light years across and yet it is only 13.6 Billion years old!!" is really good

Light years are calculated by the speed of light. But scientists are now coming out and saying that the speed of light is not constant. So it's not possible to calculate light years accurately which is why they make such ridiculous mistakes. :lol: But again, those who don't believe in God have to look to someone for the truth. And any time they look to a human being for the truth, they're going to look as foolish as that human does when he changes his mind again. ;-)

When they speak of light years they are talking about a constant -- "the speed of light through the vaccuum of space". It is a usefull constant for measuring distance and has nothing to do with the effects of gravity on a beam of light because the intent of the constant is simply a yard stick.

It is like saying "I can measure a mile and the moon is so many miles from earth" the measurement of the mile is a useful constant meant to apply to our frame of reference. Just a yard stick.

BTW there is no Bible doctrine stating that "the universe is small".

in Christ,

Bob

BobRyan said:
When they speak of light years they are talking about a constant -- "the speed of light through the vaccuum of space". It is a usefull constant for measuring distance and has nothing to do with the effects of gravity on a beam of light because the intent of the constant is simply a yard stick.

It is like saying "I can measure a mile and the moon is so many miles from earth" the measurement of the mile is a useful constant meant to apply to our frame of reference. Just a yard stick.

BTW there is no Bible doctrine stating that "the universe is small".

in Christ,

Bob

No because one reason that the speed of light is not constant is because it's relative to the object(s) against which it is being measured. So once again, it's impossible to accurately measure the distance between the stars and the earth because :

a. The stars themselves aren't stationary which is why falling stars are rampant
b. There's no way to know the properties in the space close to stars and how they slow down or speed up time
c. The fact that the speed of light is not constant.

So once again, most of us have been brainwashed by science books believing they are 100% truth when they're not. But unfortunately, that's where most of our "knowledge" of science comes from. :sad But that's why I stick with God's word because it's never wrong. :)

a. The stars themselves aren't stationary which is why falling stars are rampant
:smt017 I'm not sure you know what a falling star is, Heidi.

You make it sound as though God created a chaotic universe without any consistencies, in order to confuse us, but we know He is not the author of confusion. I don't think astrophysics is your forte'. :-?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back