Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Detroit may make national news BLM protest

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It sounds like BLM is not totally organized and various groups are using the name for the sake of recognition but not necessarily mission. That gives the BLM movement a bad reputation.
Honestly, I think BLM is making things up as this develops. I watched that gal in charge of BLM in Seattle (CHOP) and she was pretty radical and spoke violently. The voice of BLM in Detroit is much different.

BLM never one time mentioned the black law officers who has been murdered .nor have the denounced the gang warfare of blacks killing blacks . there aint no way as white man would i dare walk into a black gang controlled area . you would either be beat severally or dead . i been told there are areas the law dont go to .the problem is a heart issue not skin color

BLM never one time mentioned the black law officers who has been murdered .nor have the denounced the gang warfare of blacks killing blacks . there aint no way as white man would i dare walk into a black gang controlled area . you would either be beat severally or dead . i been told there are areas the law dont go to .the problem is a heart issue not skin color
I used to live 8 blocks outside of Compton In my mid 20’s. I’ve been in Compton many times and never really worried about my safety. I’ve even been in the projects in New Orleans. Ok, that was stupid and God was watching over my ignorance. I think they thought I was crazy or something as I smiled and said hi to everyone looking odd toward me. But if your white, you don’t want to go to certain parts of the east side of Detroit. I have a few black friends, one in particular that lives in Detroit and he won’t even go to the east side.

Black lives do matter. But the movement BLM, I don't trust it. Like Jerry said, they don't speak out against abuses that are done on BLM movements. They don't hold themselves accountable so why should we trust them. Many of them also have taken a stand that I disagree with that continue a trend to hate police and fuel that hatred and divide.

That said the issues and abuses that have occurred ate what sparked a lot of the BLM movements. Those are issues worth trying to find solutions for,

If you can't tell the difference between the two, it doesn't matter if one group is the real BLM and worth supporting and another group is not BLM and spreading lies.

If they appear to be the same group, then do not trust either. The protests that continue to harbor violence and theft are reasons to step away from tgat and try a different approach. Since BLM hadn't done this but just says "that wasn't us," then they have no credibility. At least not in my opinion. Don't watch the word burn and create avenues for others to do the same and say that it's ok because it wasn't you doing it. That is not ok. Not in the least.

Sounds like BLM need a clear spokesperson , so they are all on the same page. Did they have a spokesperson who distanced their organisation from the behaviour of looters?

Looked at black lives matter website. Several things were listed on it including the thing about disinformation being rampant about BLM. However at the top of those things was a message to defund the the police. While at the bottom of the page was advertising two BLM shirts.

These two things mean 1) I don't tryst their judgement because they want to remove police. And 2) they've moved away from just a movement to a market for selling merchandise.

There is no reason to trust them. Ecpecually when they keep pushing for more protests (while covid is an issue), even though the protests continue to prove to be a source of violence and theft.

Back