Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did the devil also pollute the world?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Please only bible-believing Christians should respond here. I would prefer that. Ta.

The devil sinned. Adam and Eve sinned. From that day and until now the world (plants, animals, environment and everything turned against man) has been a mess. So I was thinking, did the devil pollute the world with his supernatural powers...or did God inflict this upon man as a punishment?

Thank God for Christ tho.

Again, Bible-Believing Christians views would be appreciated.

A verse in the bible says: this enemy goes to and fro seeking whom to devor. Could it be the devil? Could it be as a result of human activities?

I see it more as a result of human involvement than anything else.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

The nature of anything physical is that it tends to degrade in course of time. Therefore to keep anything clean or alive or in proper working condition, it needs to b maintained. At the time of Adam and Eve the Glory of God was close to man and this world maintaining or servicing everything. Due to sin that the Devil brought about, the Glory departed.

Yes Devil is responsible for this state of man. Man is also equally responsible.

The nature of anything physical is that it tends to degrade in course of time. Therefore to keep anything clean or alive or in proper working condition, it needs to b maintained. At the time of Adam and Eve the Glory of God was close to man and this world maintaining or servicing everything. Due to sin that the Devil brought about, the Glory departed.

Yes Devil is responsible for this state of man. Man is also equally responsible.

Welcome :wave
The verse that really gets me worried (perhaps it's limited) is: curse is the ground for thy sake. And In pain you shall bring forth a child.

However the rest of the pollution is caused by man. I know the enemy also fights against our peace and joy.

What is the root of HIV?? Such questions. Man? Satan? Sin?

Wow, Classik another ... uh ... classic. :crazy

Anyway, it depends on how you describe pollution. Certainly he polluted the Earth with sin through the temptations he put before Adam and Eve. As for physical pollution? I think that's pretty much on us, but given we live in a fallen world, not surprising, really.

The world is in a state of decay, both physical and spiritual decays. Back there in Eden Man lived freely with plants and animals P&M. Today we are attacked by harmful micro organisms: HIV, this and that. How did they come about? Just yesterday I was defeated by some crazy sociopath stupid winged black ant. It managed to penetrate my top....and gave me series of professional stings. What did I do wtong? How did it know how to attack? I couldn't find that pesky insect. It disappeared. I felt so bad:sad

why are we always attacked by micro organisms, sicknesses etc. Did the devil teach them how to do that? Does this sound crazy to you? It shouldn't.

I wonder what brought about such horrid instinct in them - 'cause God created them our friends and companions.

Satan is to blame, but God did it. Satan can do nothing without God's permission. As much as Satan wants to believe he does stuff, He can't do it without God's permission.

There are alot of folks who believe God cleans up after Satan's shenagigans. That's backwards. Satan can only do what God permits him to do, and thus, God is completely in control. Satan attacked Job, no? Who gave him permission to do so, and after that, who took the credit for scorging Job? God did! Oh yea, Satan attacked Job, but God took the credit for it.

It's a fixed game, my friends. And the deck is stacked in our favor. Free willer folks won't like that, but it's true.

The original sin caused "spiritual pollution" of the world. Mostly in the heart of men, but the bible says all creation was afflicted by that fall from grace.

Now all kinds of evil in the world are caused by our "polluted" spirits.
E.g. the pollution of our environment is man made, but the root of it is our careless, short sighted and selfish behaviour and the love for money is often involved in it, too.

In my understanding of Genesis (I believe Genesis is true, but as a metaphor) God did not pollute the world, he just dropped his gracefull shelter (the garden, a peacefull and joyfull existence without worries, like a sinless mental state the early humans lived in before the fall) around the young humankind, so those early humans did see how cruel and ghastly nature is and that their life would be sorrowful and ultimately end in death. They ate from the tree of knowledge and knowledge they got.
Really it was a spiritual pollution more than anything else, and it was mankind that decided to go that way.

Let me put it this way... God does not have to react to what Satan does. Satan reacts to what God did! And he loses every time. The game is fixed, folks.

Satan is to blame, but God did it. Satan can do nothing without God's permission. As much as Satan wants to believe he does stuff, He can't do it without God's permission.

There are alot of folks who believe God cleans up after Satan's shenagigans. That's backwards. Satan can only do what God permits him to do, and thus, God is completely in control. Satan attacked Job, no? Who gave him permission to do so, and after that, who took the credit for scorging Job? God did! Oh yea, Satan attacked Job, but God took the credit for it.

It's a fixed game, my friends. And the deck is stacked in our favor. Free willer folks won't like that, but it's true.

Angels are supposed to do the will of God. It is when Lucifer tried to his own will that he became satan. God is not in control of everything as you assume. We do have a free will and God is in control of only those who submit themselves to Him. Satan requires permission to touch those who are in God's hands. He does not require permission for others. Sorry but this not a fixed game.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a paradise, but it is not this earth. We are to occupy and do the works of Christ until the Lord comes back for us to receive us up to himself. Christ has come and given us Christians all power over satan. As for the nasty black insect that stung you, the insect was probably attracted to the scent of your head, for the hairy parts of the human body secrete sebaceous oil containing elements that attract certain insects sensory receptors, much like flower blossoms attract bees, or a light bulb attracts moths in the night. Amen? Amen.

There is a paradise, but it is not this earth. We are to occupy and do the works of Christ until the Lord comes back for us to receive us up to himself. Christ has come and given us Christians all power over satan. As for the nasty black insect that stung you, the insect was probably attracted to the scent of your head, for the hairy parts of the human body secrete sebaceous oil containing elements that attract certain insects sensory receptors, much like flower blossoms attract bees, or a light bulb attracts moths in the night. Amen? Amen.

Amen? For a powerful sting? :biggrinunno :shrug :confused.

It launched an attack when I accidentally touched it. It varnished away before I could retaliate a blow

Angels are supposed to do the will of God. It is when Lucifer tried to his own will that he became satan. God is not in control of everything as you assume. We do have a free will and God is in control of only those who submit themselves to Him. Satan requires permission to touch those who are in God's hands. He does not require permission for others. Sorry but this not a fixed game.

:popcorn

The original sin caused "spiritual pollution" of the world. Mostly in the heart of men, but the bible says all creation was afflicted by that fall from grace.

Now all kinds of evil in the world are caused by our "polluted" spirits.
E.g. the pollution of our environment is man made, but the root of it is our careless, short sighted and selfish behaviour and the love for money is often involved in it, too.

In my understanding of Genesis (I believe Genesis is true, but as a metaphor) God did not pollute the world, he just dropped his gracefull shelter (the garden, a peacefull and joyfull existence without worries, like a sinless mental state the early humans lived in before the fall) around the young humankind, so those early humans did see how cruel and ghastly nature is and that their life would be sorrowful and ultimately end in death. They ate from the tree of knowledge and knowledge they got.
Really it was a spiritual pollution more than anything else, and it was mankind that decided to go that way.
This :)

Angels are supposed to do the will of God. It is when Lucifer tried to his own will that he became satan.
FIrst of all, his name is not and never was Lucifer. That's a bad KJV translation of the Hebrew 'heyel which means "morning star."

God is not in control of everything as you assume. We do have a free will and God is in control of only those who submit themselves to Him. Satan requires permission to touch those who are in God's hands. He does not require permission for others. Sorry but this not a fixed game.
Yeah, this is going to be interesting to watch. Pass the popcorn, please, Spec. Thanks.

FIrst of all, his name is not and never was Lucifer. That's a bad KJV translation of the Hebrew 'heyel which means "morning star."

Yeah, this is going to be interesting to watch. Pass the popcorn, please, Spec. Thanks.

Don't waste your time waiting.... I'm not even going to bother with him....

Hey, everyone, just a reminder:
2.5: Respect each others' opinions. Address issues, not persons or personalities. Give other members the respect you would want them to give yourself.

It is a violation to misquote or misrepresent another member.

Any personal problems with another member, then deal with it through private messages. No harassing members via PM. No public posting of PMs. Publicly announcing who is on a member's Ignore list is prohibited.
Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defence of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice.

Please only bible-believing Christians should respond here. I would prefer that. Ta.

The devil sinned. Adam and Eve sinned. From that day and until now the world (plants, animals, environment and everything turned against man) has been a mess. So I was thinking, did the devil pollute the world with his supernatural powers...or did God inflict this upon man as a punishment?

Thank God for Christ tho.

Again, Bible-Believing Christians views would be appreciated.

A verse in the bible says: this enemy goes to and fro seeking whom to devor. Could it be the devil? Could it be as a result of human activities?
The bible tells us the Devil along with 1/3 of the Angels were kicked out of heaven. The Devil employees are like CIA operatives. They continue to observe even though you resist.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back