Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Did you ever used to believe something REALLY dumb?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kimberlie

When I was a young sprout back in the day, I used to think that when you heard a song on the radio that the actual muscial group was at the local radio station playing that song.

Whenever I would hear anything by the Monkees on the car radio, I would BEG my mother to drive to the radio station and let me get their autograph. She wouldn't do it and explained that it was just a recording.

I was confident that she was lying to me so I sat back in my seat and had a good pout!

s_587f750901fe3cafae14d4ee88581eb3.gif

What about you? Ever have any child-hood or teen-hood or college-hood notions that you look back on and laugh hysterically at yourself about?

Oh, and lest you think that I am picking on the young people, I am QUITE certain that when I am 75, I shall look back upon my present almost 50-year-old self and howl with laughter.

When I was about 4 or 5, before I started kindergarten, I believed the earth was flat.

When I was in high school, I believed that life beyond high school would be "fair".

I once believed that women were rational human beings.

Up to 2009, I believed that I'd never OWN or WANT a sports car.

When I was very young I believed there was one sparrow that followed me everywhere I went. I knew there were many sparrows, but one particular one was always "my" sparrow. I took comfort in my sparrow.

When announcements were made over the intercom at school I though somebody had to crawl through the ceiling and talk through the speaker. I was in kindergarten and I just accepted this as common knowledge. :biggrin

I used to think Christians were deluded hate-mongers and that psycho-babble held all the answers needed to get through life. Funny how things change...

when I was little (back in the early 60's) my mother used to wear the old fashion rollers in her hair which was secured by a plastic stick, I thought she had holes in her head for those sticks to go in. LOL I know pretty silly.:biglol

:lol I used to believe the same thing, Kimberlie...and I was a big Monkees fan too...my fav was Mike...everybody loved Davy, but I liked the big guy with the blue pom-pom!

Stupid thing I used to believe...my big brother...I know, I know, that's bad.

Seriously though...he told me dog food was candy that grown-ups disguised as dog food, just so we kids wouldn't eat it...and yep, I ate it!

I told him it didn't taste very good, but he convinced me that was all part of the grown-up conspiracy to keep the best candy away from kids...so I ate some more.

He was 8, I was 4...it's my only defense. :thud:

Do ya know if drop a kitchen match into an ol Dasey BBgun shoot your brother in the seat of his Levis' it will light!

:lol I used to believe the same thing, Kimberlie...and I was a big Monkees fan too...my fav was Mike...everybody loved Davy, but I liked the big guy with the blue pom-pom!

Oh, he was my favorite, too. He definitely doesn't look the same anymore .... being as that WAS 40 years ago! :o Can you still see his young face in this picture? Go to images.google.com and look him up and you can see what he looked like in different stages of his life over the last 4 decades.

("Papa Gene's Blues" is STILL my favorite song that they did!)

View attachment 1880

Ah, Mike. You know I can see him...in the eyes. He's sort of grumpy looking, but then he was always the grumpy one...Davy the lover, Peter the sweet, Micky the goofy, and Mike the grown-up in charge and none too happy about it! :lol

He's held up better than most from that era! :nod

Reba, your 45 years too late with the information...boy, if I had only known my brother would have had to run and jump in Bull Creek!

When I was 5 or 6, I used to believe that if you went to the bank, they would give you as much money as you wanted (and that you did not need to have deposited any first).

I used to think that "Miami" was "My Ami" and when my parents would talk about "Miami" I would ask them if they had "their Ami".

I used to believe in this big fat dude who wears red and white and slips down chimneys and leaves you free stuff under a tree...

I used to think the Garth Brooks song about two pina coladas was actually about sailing a ship and not about getting drunk :biggrin

And just because I remembered it. The Shania Twain song "Shut up and Drive" used to be my very favorite song because I when I sang along to it on the radio I could say "shut up" without getting in trouble. :lol

Oh and my uncle and my dad taught me to say "Bubba" and then stick out my tongue whenever someone said the name Bill Clinton.

Ha! Cool idea for a thread. When I was a wee lad, I used to believe that the clouds and sun would follow us home when driving. It was always a race! :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back