Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Disaster EMERGENCY!!!

Amielou

Summer in my country (Australia) always means fires and loss of property and often life... this summer the fires are HUUUGE and SOOO OUT OF CONTROL!!! in my state alone (Victoria) there have been terrible losses, entire towns are just gone... burned to the ground. The town where my husband and i went to many Christian camps as kids and also to our honeymoon is completely destroyed, all the houses, shops, farms and camp sites are gone. There are many towns like this who have experienced total and utter destruction, there will be many many months of hard times for these people who have been lucky enough to escape with their lives and are now in shelters or with friends, they have a long hard road to rebuild and start afresh again. Please pray for the hundreds of thousands of people who are now without homes, without jobs and livelihoods. There has been a massive loss of life and the official death toll will rise once people are able to return to their homes and some of those who are missing will be found alive and some will not. Many friends of mine have been effected and this is a very hard time for this country, there is a long road ahead of rebuilding and it will be difficult for many people as this country is already in financial difficulties (as are many at the moment) there is a day we remember called ash Wednesday when we had the biggest and most devastating fires in this country's history but yesterday and the day before has seen this summer become far far worse and the losses much much greater.

Please earnestly pray for those who are still missing that they will be found alive and that the people who are starting these fires (yes, a lot of them are deliberately lit!!) will be caught and prosecuted and that God will provide for these people who have lost everything and have to start over.

:o

Good lord :sad

I will most definitely pray for these people and that you and your family will not come to any harm.

:verysad

Hi Amielou,

How horrible for all those people! I will be praying for them, is there an emergency fund set up to help these people out?

Stay safe!

The government has set up a bush fire emergency fund and the red cross and other aid groups are in there trying to provide enough food, water, clothes and blankets for all the people huddled in community centres or any other large building still left standing.

The official death toll this hour is currently 108 but this will rise as they gain access to some of the worst hit areas and find more people who didn't make it.

Our country can be a scary place sometimes... in Queensland, another state only two or three days drive away; people are suffering loss and devastation at the hands of a massive flood that has gone right through many towns there... a crocodile took a small boy this morning who was caught in the flood waters and many people are stranded on the top floor of there double storey homes and cannot get out till someone comes for them with a boat or a helicopter.

I am still in shock that in one country so small as ours there can be two such serious and so opposite disasters at the same time. We need rain down here to put out the fires that are causing such heart ache and up in Queensland they have soo much of it it has caused a disaster all of it's own.

Thank you for all of your prayers, my husband, my daughter and i are safe our area is okay for now... both of our parents are also safe but i have an aunt who is in a danger area who as yet has decided to stay and fight but i pray for her safety and that of her property too. My husband has a friend missing presumed dead but there is always hope as they have not yet found a body so there is still hope.

The television stations are broadcasting special all-day updates on the situation and it is very scary.

Natural disasters are perhaps the most terrifying of God's creation and testimony to His power. Shame Satan strives to use all he can of God's to reak havoc. Will be praying for all effected, as well as you and your loved ones.

May God Bless You

Danielle

Wow, I wasn't aware Australia had such severe wildfire issues. Reminds me of Southern California and it's fires. I pray God's presence is sought and I pray God's presence is felt and seen through all the calamity. :pray

thanks for all of your prayers, and please continue to pray, we know lots of people who have already lost loved ones and some who have saved their lives, praise be to God but their homes and all they own are gone... a lot of them have young children... 2 of my aunts are in very dangerous places and refuse to leave... there is much danger and much recovering still head.

official death toll after 2 days is 173 and will rise as they get access to some of the areas completely obliterated.

Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!! :pray What a tragic situation...I will pray for Gods' will and blessings for all of you & your loved ones. I pray the fires are brought under control soon. God Bless.

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day the Lord has made; let us rejoice & be glad in it

Thoughts and Prayers go out to all affected by the Bush Fires in Victoria Australia.

Over 300 Dead 1000's homeless and many in hospital in critical condition.

A prayer for the firefighters and other units still in harms way.

A prayer for the local churches in that location that are helping in the relief effort and showing Gods love.

Wotuseek.com

Back