Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Disney Reportedly Lost Over a Quarter of a Billion Dollars on Two Woke Movies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

hawkman

Staff member
https://www.theburningplatform.com/...rter-of-a-billion-dollars-on-two-woke-movies/

From the link above .

We have been discussing the right of shareholders to push back on the social and political campaigns of corporations that reduce share value or damage brands. The concern over the “Go Woke, Go Broke” trend is greatest with companies like Disney, which has been particularly open about its corporate advocacy. That has proven most controversial not just in its announced opposition to the Florida education bill but also children’s movies that contained controversial sexual elements. Now, Deadline has released an analysis showing that Disney lost a staggering quarter of a billion dollars on two of these woke movies: Lightyear and Strange World.
According to Deadline, Lightyear lost $106 million and Strange World lost a whopping $152 million.

“Strange World” is about an explorer family named the Clades. The movie, however, caused a great deal of buzz due to young Ethan talking to his grandfather about his same-sex crush on another boy.

Then there is the actual “Buzz.” In Buzz Lightyear, Disney featured a same-sex kiss. Pixar initially removed the scene. However, after the controversy over the Florida education bill, it was put back into the movie as a reported statement of solidarity.

For many parents, the sexuality elements were a statement that they did not want to address with their young children. The movies bombed at the box office to the tune of a quarter of a billion dollar loss.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/...rter-of-a-billion-dollars-on-two-woke-movies/

From the link above .

We have been discussing the right of shareholders to push back on the social and political campaigns of corporations that reduce share value or damage brands. The concern over the “Go Woke, Go Broke” trend is greatest with companies like Disney, which has been particularly open about its corporate advocacy. That has proven most controversial not just in its announced opposition to the Florida education bill but also children’s movies that contained controversial sexual elements. Now, Deadline has released an analysis showing that Disney lost a staggering quarter of a billion dollars on two of these woke movies: Lightyear and Strange World.
According to Deadline, Lightyear lost $106 million and Strange World lost a whopping $152 million.

“Strange World” is about an explorer family named the Clades. The movie, however, caused a great deal of buzz due to young Ethan talking to his grandfather about his same-sex crush on another boy.

Then there is the actual “Buzz.” In Buzz Lightyear, Disney featured a same-sex kiss. Pixar initially removed the scene. However, after the controversy over the Florida education bill, it was put back into the movie as a reported statement of solidarity.

For many parents, the sexuality elements were a statement that they did not want to address with their young children. The movies bombed at the box office to the tune of a quarter of a billion dollar loss.
Layoffs have occured .

From the link above .

And when they continue to produce this stuff anyway, what people need to gather from it is that the powers that be don't have profits as their top priority. Top on their list is the mental manipulation and social conditioning of the masses to turn away from and reject Christian values.

Losing money is the cost they are simply willing to pay in order to do so.

From the link above .

EI1r.gif

From the link above .

Then there is the actual “Buzz.” In Buzz Lightyear, Disney featured a same-sex kiss.
For many parents, the sexuality elements were a statement that they did not want to address with their young children.
Good for them!

I have seen both movies. Both scenes are barely a couple seconds long. The issue with Buzz was that no one really wanted a buzz lightyear movie. Reviewers thought it was okay, but the toy story franchise basicly ended with 3 for most people. 4 didn't do well either. Strange worlds suffered from marketing. Most people who are fans of Pixar, including me, had no idea the movie was comming out. The movie was waved by a lot of fans as just average.

Pixar has had issues with movies since The little Dinosaur. A lot of sequels. However Onward and Soul did really well.

My problem with Go woke Go Broke is that every movie gets called WOKE for some reason, the ones that are successful are forgotten by critics, and the ones that fail are fitted into the woke box. Disney had a ton of hit films and shows this last 3 years. SOUL, Wakanda Forever, Wandavision, The Owl House, Duck Tales, Moon Knight, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, etc.

I don't Carr if someone doesn't wNt to watch Buzz lightyear because a brief kiss between 2 women. The point I'm making is that "woke" doesn't really mean much. It's a catch all term for just stuff peo0le don't like.

Riven posted a vid of a guy talking about ESGs. That has a point, but esgs aren't sole based on the vague "woke". The guy mentioned Tesla, a good reason why their eggs are down are due to issues with self driving cars, Elon's risky Twitter buy, and not delivering on promised features.

Woke can mean whatever someone wants.

I have seen both movies. Both scenes are barely a couple seconds long. The issue with Buzz was that no one really wanted a buzz lightyear movie. Reviewers thought it was okay, but the toy story franchise basicly ended with 3 for most people. 4 didn't do well either. Strange worlds suffered from marketing. Most people who are fans of Pixar, including me, had no idea the movie was comming out. The movie was waved by a lot of fans as just average.

Pixar has had issues with movies since The little Dinosaur. A lot of sequels. However Onward and Soul did really well.

My problem with Go woke Go Broke is that every movie gets called WOKE for some reason, the ones that are successful are forgotten by critics, and the ones that fail are fitted into the woke box. Disney had a ton of hit films and shows this last 3 years. SOUL, Wakanda Forever, Wandavision, The Owl House, Duck Tales, Moon Knight, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, etc.
Parents didn’t want their children to be exposed to same sex attraction no matter how short it was. Good for them. Apparently Bud Light hired a trans to go their advertising and they’ve lost billions. People have the RIGHT to refuse to support positions they don’t like and saying it with refusing to pay for their products is the best way. Go woke and go broke.

My problem with Go woke Go Broke is that every movie gets called WOKE for some reason.
Yes, there's is a problem in right wing circles where everything under the sun is seen as woke. It's annoying.

That being said, most of the movies being pushed today are indeed woke in one form or another. I haven't been to the theater since 2019 because none of these movies appeal to be. Same with tv shows. I just don't care about gay this, first black that, trans this other thing.

The best film I've seen in quite some time was Top Gun Maverick. No politics, no wokeness. Just a damn good film. We need to get back to that.

Yes, theirs is a problem in right wing circles where everything under the sun is seen as woke. It's annoying.
Well from what I saw in the description, woke full on.
That being said, most of the movies being pushed today are indeed woke in one form or another. I haven't been to the theater since 2019 because none of these movies appeal to be. Same with tv shows. I just don't care about gay this, first black that, trans this other thing.
Being black is not a sin. Being trans is.
The best film I've seen in quite some time was Top Gun Maverick. No politics, no wokeness. Just a damn good film. We need to get back to that.
We wanted to watch that tomorrow. Haven’t seen it. Thanks for the encouragement.

If supporting Woke loses money, might be difficult to correct without a contrary statement. Once branded “woke” it will be difficult to change the perception.

True. We will see how investors like losing billions. Might take time. Apparently Kellogg’s and Amazon as well as Nike and Adidas support woke too.
All publicly traded companies are woke to some extent because of ESG. It's not all that different than the Chinese social credit score system. You penalize people or companies for wrong think and they fall in line.

Parents didn’t want their children to be exposed to same sex attraction no matter how short it was. Good for them. Apparently Bud Light hired a trans to go their advertising and they’ve lost billions. People have the RIGHT to refuse to support positions they don’t like and saying it with refusing to pay for their products is the best way. Go woke and go broke.
I stated you have the right to not watch it. My point was that calling a movie woke for the brief scene is weird. It seems that it's a confirmation bias more than acknowledging that the movie had more problems then just the kiss.

There have been successful movies with "woke" content. I mentioned Wakanda Forever and the Owl House. Black Panther 2 for its focus on a black female lead and cast, and The Owl house that has a female couple as the main Characters.

The issue isn't "woke" its the quality of the product.

If supporting Woke loses money, might be difficult to correct without a contrary statement. Once branded “woke” it will be difficult to change the perception.
The magority of people i have met either can't define woke or are extremely terminally online.

All publicly traded companies are woke to some extent because of ESG. It's not all that different than the Chinese social credit score system. You penalize people or companies for wrong think and they fall in line.
We will see if they fall in line because many think some is wrong and so far not all companies are.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back