Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do dogs go to heaven?

My dog had to be put to sleep. I’m devastated. Peanut had such a spirit. It’s so sad to think he is gone forever. He had something about him, i felt like he had a soul. I wonder if dogs go to heaven or somewhere?
Firstly very very sorry to hear that. I know how attached I am to my dog.
My dog loves our company. He just wants to be with us all the time. He exudes love. It's beautiful. Dogs are affectionate. Dogs are warm. That's why we cry when they die.
Heaven? Hope so. Heaven without dogs would be Hell, wouldn't it ?

My dog had to be put to sleep. I’m devastated. Peanut had such a spirit. It’s so sad to think he is gone forever. He had something about him, i felt like he had a soul. I wonder if dogs go to heaven or somewhere?

In my constant daily reading of the Bible I happen to be in the book of Jonah. And the last verse is very interesting to me, and I had not made the connection before. "And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle."

It appears to me that God was concerned with the cattle as with the children of Nineveh. I don't know if that means dogs go to heaven. But it means God is concerned with your concerns over your dog.

That is the worst thing about having pets. You usually outlive them.

Quantrill

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

As far as dogs going to Heaven, the Holy Bible doesn't tell us they do, but it doesn't tell us they don't, either. I always say it's one of those things that we're only going to know when we get to Heaven one day...I have no scriptural basis or anything to answer that question.

On the personal bias side of the question, I believe that it's totally possible. I mean the chariots of fire with the horses coming down from Heaven or some of the divine beings described in Revelation that seemed like angels with animal like characteristics. God created animals, it would make sense if he at least wanted a few around. Totally plausible.

Thank you all for the replies. I feel so bad. Since I had kids I haven’t paid attention to him like I should have. I feel horrible.

Sounds like your dog was well loved and taken care of. I believe he was very fortunate and lived a good life. Even in death, he was 'put to sleep'. A very merciful way to go.

I am sure any person or pet who we love, when they die, we will always feel the same. I should have done this or should not have done that. It's common.

Did you ever see the movie 'Old Yeller'. Now wouldn't be a good time to watch it. But, in the end, the boy got another dog. And though you may think no other will replace, they do.

Quantrill

Psalm 36;6. ??
Possibly, for "thou preserves" is the word "yasha." The outline of Biblical usage is "to save, be saved, be delivered/to save, deliver, to save from moral troubles, to give victory to, to be liberated, to be saved in battle."

The KJV translates this word in the following manner: save, savior, deliver, help, preserved, salvation, avenging, at all, avenged, defend, rescue, safe, victory.

It may or may not imply to "being saved." It could be more about protection/keeping them safe when necessary. It's hard to know if this is all we have to go on.

Sounds like your dog was well loved and taken care of. I believe he was very fortunate and lived a good life. Even in death, he was 'put to sleep'. A very merciful way to go.

I am sure any person or pet who we love, when they die, we will always feel the same. I should have done this or should not have done that. It's common.

Did you ever see the movie 'Old Yeller'. Now wouldn't be a good time to watch it. But, in the end, the boy got another dog. And though you may think no other will replace, they do.

Quantrill
I saw the film Old Yeller when I was 11 years old. Really good film and I believe helps children to understand about goodbyes and not to be afraid of loving again.
I agree with all you have said in your post.
Thank you all for the replies. I feel so bad. Since I had kids I haven’t paid attention to him like I should have. I feel horrible.
Don't bash yourself up. You gave him a happy life. Sometimes animals hide their illnesses.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

As far as dogs going to Heaven, the Holy Bible doesn't tell us they do, but it doesn't tell us they don't, either. I always say it's one of those things that we're only going to know when we get to Heaven one day...I have no scriptural basis or anything to answer that question.

On the personal bias side of the question, I believe that it's totally possible. I mean the chariots of fire with the horses coming down from Heaven or some of the divine beings described in Revelation that seemed like angels with animal like characteristics. God created animals, it would make sense if he at least wanted a few around. Totally plausible.

Didn't you watch my Mark Lowry video? It actually does say in the Bible that they do. Psalms 36:6

Quantrill

Well I don't know about replaced, but we certainly can move on. :)

Didn't you watch my Mark Lowry video? It actually does say in the Bible that they do. Psalms 36:6

Well I don't know about replaced, but we certainly can move on. :)
I went back and watched the video. The thing is, he only mentioned "Psalm 36:6" with his comedy act, he didn't go into theological or historical meanings of this scripture. It wasn't all that informative as far as scripture was involved, but he was doing his job to fill in some space and entertain a crowd. What I'm saying is the word "preserved" can have more than the meaning "saved," but also "rescued," "liberated," "victorious," etc.

A lot of times on issues of concern in The Holy Bible, there is usually multiple verses to back up the idea. As far as animals and Heaven, there aren't that many verses on this that tell us yes or no. I'm not on the "yes" or the "no," but the, "I don't know." I honestly don't believe we will know for certain until we see Heaven one day. There would be a few possible scenarios that I could even think of:

1. We got to Heaven and are able to see all the animals out there that have passed on in this life.

2. We see animals, but their presence is limited - perhaps not all animals, but some.

3. There won't be animals there because God's love, peace, and joy for us will be more than satisfactory and that's all we will ever need.

Don't let that guilt fall upon you, you did the best you can. I know how it is taking care of kids and animals. It's true that the needs of your children will absolutely come first and the animals will come second. Juggling all the needs can be daunting, but I'm sure you did your best.

I went back and watched the video. The thing is, he only mentioned "Psalm 36:6" with his comedy act, he didn't go into theological or historical meanings of this scripture. It wasn't all that informative as far as scripture was involved, but he was doing his job to fill in some space and entertain a crowd. What I'm saying is the word "preserved" can have more than the meaning "saved," but also "rescued," "liberated," "victorious," etc.

A lot of times on issues of concern in The Holy Bible, there is usually multiple verses to back up the idea. As far as animals and Heaven, there aren't that many verses on this that tell us yes or no. I'm not on the "yes" or the "no," but the, "I don't know." I honestly don't believe we will know for certain until we see Heaven one day. There would be a few possible scenarios that I could even think of:

1. We got to Heaven and are able to see all the animals out there that have passed on in this life.

2. We see animals, but their presence is limited - perhaps not all animals, but some.

3. There won't be animals there because God's love, peace, and joy for us will be more than satisfactory and that's all we will ever need.

I just don't see why we wouldn't see our animal companions again. :)

Back