Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Do dogs go to heaven?

I just don't see why we wouldn't see our animal companions again. :)

We may. I know during the 1000 year millennial reign, the wolf and lamb lie down together. I do not see that as heaven, but as the literal righteous reign of Christ on earth. But it will be the Kingdom reign and the carnivores will no longer feed on the other animals. (Is. 11:6)

Quantrill

I saw the film Old Yeller when I was 11 years old. Really good film and I believe helps children to understand about goodbyes and not to be afraid of loving again.
I agree with all you have said in your post.

I was probably about the same age. Both it and Bambi certainly made an impression. As a young boy Bambi cured me from ever going deer hunting. I'm sure I could now....but I don't.

Quantrill

I'm not a big fan of hunting myself.

I don't have anything against it. I'm just not a big hunter. I have raised animals and then killed and butchered them myself, so it is no problem to do it. But I have no interest in shooting deer. Someone has to or else they would over populate.

I have raised hogs before. And when you raise them up and get to know them, it is awfully hard to kill them. But, you raise them to eat. So you have to do it. It's not pleasant. You just have to do it. And, you feel terrible for awhile.

Quantrill

One of my friends had a small holding. She had a goat, pigs and sheep. I used to bottle feed the lambs. They all had names and would come running when you called them. When they got tooats certain age she would take them to the slaughter house. After they had been butchered she took them home and put them in the freezer. I would never be able to do that. I would no good as a farmer.

One of my friends had a small holding. She had a goat, pigs and sheep. I used to bottle feed the lambs. They all had names and would come running when you called them. When they got tooats certain age she would take them to the slaughter house. After they had been butchered she took them home and put them in the freezer. I would never be able to do that. I would no good as a farmer.
Have you seen the movie Babe? That's a beautiful story. About a pig who doesn't get slaughtered but learns to be a sheep dog. So funny.

I like Babe, but I prefer Charlotte's Web myself. I really like the original cartoon and the live action one as well. They're both really good and cute movies. :)

Babe is my wife's fave movie. She has watched it countless times.
I like the scene where he learns to be a co operative leader instead of an intimidating one. As a sheep dog.

Wow, all this talk about "Babe" lol. I remember being in the store, not sure which one, but I was about 4 or 5 years old and my mom let me pick out a movie. She held too movies and said, "The kitty one (Aristocats) or the farm animal one (Babe)?" It was the hardest decision of my young life ?

Wow, all this talk about "Babe" lol. I remember being in the store, not sure which one, but I was about 4 or 5 years old and my mom let me pick out a movie. She held too movies and said, "The kitty one (Aristocats) or the farm animal one (Babe)?" It was the hardest decision of my young life ?
Sp which one did you pick?

They always said to me not to name anything you plan to eat. But the family always did anyway. It didn't seem to bother them when it came time to eat them. I think you would get used to it.

And a friend of mines folks were small cattle ranchers. They had one bull of course they had raised and named him. But he got old and they had to sell him to market to slaughter. They didn't buy the meat for themselves they just sold him to market.

My friends mom was so upset about selling him to slaughter she refused to buy any ground beef or hot dogs for a month, scared she might be eating him.

Quantrill

They always said to me not to name anything you plan to eat. But the family always did anyway. It didn't seem to bother them when it came time to eat them. I think you would get used to it.

And a friend of mines folks were small cattle ranchers. They had one bull of course they had raised and named him. But he got old and they had to sell him to market to slaughter. They didn't buy the meat for themselves they just sold him to market.

My friends mom was so upset about selling him to slaughter she refused to buy any ground beef or hot dogs for a month, scared she might be eating him.

Quantrill
That's sad. I can understand how your friend's mom felt. If you're a farmer you have to do these things though. I'd want yoo let him live in pasture. But I don't think you can have 2 Bull's can you?

That's sad. I can understand how your friend's mom felt. If you're a farmer you have to do these things though. I'd want yoo let him live in pasture. But I don't think you can have 2 Bull's can you?

I never was a cattle rancher so I don't know. For a small ranch I can't see having more than one bull. I see nothing but trouble unless you got the pens to keep them separated. For a large herd I'm sure they have more than one. Of course a lot of artificial insemination is done today also.

I know the one they had was trouble enough.

Quantrill

Back