Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Do I have CM?

KV-44-v1

No Denomination - Just Christian
"chiari malformation"

Please ask God if i have this, events in my life have made me concerned, on September 5 I slept on a hard surface for ONLY two hours, but my skull lost plenty of strength after that!

This mean it is more malleable as I lay down on it. My brain today is now more subject to the mercies of external forces (such as merely lying it on something!!) than it was 2 days ago!

I check my head length/width and the angles of areas of my head regularly. I noticed my head does not resist my glasses much, this not normal.
I feel constant pressure in the middle of the top of my head, and pressure where the glasses go, even when I'm not wearing them.

I feel like i will have a very rough and dark future (in this life) ahead of me.....

I'm posting this in the Q&A because i want to know if I have/will have CM, and what lies ahead of me.

"chiari malformation"

Please ask God if i have this, events in my life have made me concerned, on September 5 I slept on a hard surface for ONLY two hours, but my skull lost plenty of strength after that!

This mean it is more malleable as I lay down on it. My brain today is now more subject to the mercies of external forces (such as merely lying it on something!!) than it was 2 days ago!

I check my head length/width and the angles of areas of my head regularly. I noticed my head does not resist my glasses much, this not normal.
I feel constant pressure in the middle of the top of my head, and pressure where the glasses go, even when I'm not wearing them.

I feel like i will have a very rough and dark future (in this life) ahead of me.....

I'm posting this in the Q&A because i want to know if I have/will have CM, and what lies ahead of me.
I do not know nor would I attempt to suggest whether you do or do not have this condition. My recommendation is to seek a medical professional.

"chiari malformation"

I could be wrong but it might be wise for you to seek competent medical help. Sounds like sooner than later is important.

Thanks for all the support. 😄

But, I'd like to know from God if i have this.
Mabye He can tell you, and you relay the info to me? Is it OK to request this?

Unfortunately I can't go to a doctor, as my situation is limited. If I could, I absolutely would.

Thanks for all the support. 😄

But, I'd like to know from God if i have this.
Mabye He can tell you, and you relay the info to me? Is it OK to request this?

Unfortunately I can't go to a doctor, as my situation is limited. If I could, I absolutely would.
If you have a disability try contacting Social Security. My situation was and is also limited but when I needed cataract surgery (not a cheap procedure) Medicare took care of almost everything. If they say no, then at least you tried.

"chiari malformation"

It seems rather silly to ask us.
Why not see a doctor ?

God does not give you answers but provides you with the tools to find them. Contact Social Security, Medicare, and other relevant services for assistance.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
KV-44-v1, I will say that God always answers prayer. That does not mean that He gives us the answers we seek in the time or way we want them. There are times when God works through us or others to help us grow in our faith and knowledge of Him so sometimes the answers we need come from Him in different ways, which could include giving you opportunities to get help from others.

An example of this can be found in 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 NKJV where it says, "Lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Reminds me of a humorous anecdote often told by pastors to illustrate this point.
"Torrential rains caused a river to rise and a dam to break, flooding a valley. There is a small cabin in that valley, so the lone occupant heads for the roof and prays that God would miraculously rescue him. Moments later, as the waters have reached halfway up the house, someone in a canoe comes by and offers to carry him to safety. 'No, thanks,' the man replies. 'God will save me.' The man paddles off, and the waters continue to rise. Then, a motorboat full of people comes by. 'Hey,' they call out, 'we have room for you! Come aboard!' But the man declined their offer, saying that he has already prayed and he knows God will rescue him. The floodwaters continued to rise but the man remained on the roof. A helicopter flew by and the pilot lowered a rope ladder, but once again, the man declined rescue, giving out the same answer that God is going to rescue him. So off flies the helicopter as the waters rise higher and higher. They engulf the man, who passes away and is immediately met at the Gates of Heaven by God. "God!" the man says. 'I prayed and prayed! Why didn't you rescue me?' God looks him in the eye and says, 'I sent you a canoe, a motorboat, and a helicopter. What more do you want?'"

Scripture tells us to be persistent in prayer (Luke 18:1-8), believe with all your heart (Mark 11:23-24), and pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18). So, never give up!

Hope this is helpful to lift your spirits.

Last edited:
I will say that God always answers prayer. That does not mean that He gives us the answers we seek in the time or way we want them.
Yes, this is more precise than how I phrased it. I'm speaking from experience. You can pray a lot about something, but in the end, you may not get exactly what you asked for; instead, you receive what you truly need, or the tools to achieve it. We must do our part as well.

We can measure how much we truly want something by seeing how much effort we are willing to put into obtaining it.

Back