Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Do we have an ethically-unbothered creator?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

SamuelW

Hello, my name's Sam & I was Christened as a child. (audience applauds)
I'm only trying to lighten the mood with poor humour because I feel like I'm about to share a bleak realisation that you may be unable to justify, but I hope I'm wrong of course.
Several years ago I needed to earn some money in a short space of time. I'm fortunate to be good at recognising patterns, so decided that I would watch dealers at online roulette tables.
One evening I noticed that the dealer was giving signals for what the upcoming result was going to be by tapping certain parts of her hand. After becoming aware that the games were being fixed, I then proceeded to document the cheating occurring at other tables owned by the same company, then did the same for another online betting company.
I felt like me stumbling across this operation, having had little to no previous interest in gambling, whilst being the sort of person who feels morally obliged to do what I can to bring it to a stop & having the ability to do so was all too much of coincidence IE that there must have been some external influence.
I have previously sent the information I had collected to the relevant authorities, who I later discovered have links with members of the gambling industry, hence no action has been taken despite the evidence being impossible to argue against.
I also discovered that the slot games on the gambling sites were fixed to pay big wins to new accounts with the aim of luring them in & was recently finishing off gathering my evidence. On the final site on my list of what was necessary for success, the instance did not occur.
I have always put money I won along the way back into the betting companies as it just came from problem gamblers & I felt it wasn't mine to keep.
Ultimately it seems to have been a huge waste of time & has cost me financially for trying to do what I deemed to be a noble cause which "couldn't have been a coincidence", but twice in succession I felt as though I had been tricked into doing something that I believed was right & then slapped in the face before a finish line which didn't exist.

This leads me to ask the question;

Do we attribute things that are hard to believe as luck.or coincidence to being the work of God when it is in fact our own way of justifying them?

And does it not make more sense for our creator to be unbiased with regard to anything that occurs amongst humans, with our stories of God being nothing more than a way of maintaining order amongst ourselves?

I suppose I'm looking for a reason to have any faith in "God" after what's happened but I've already pretty much decided that if there is a God he/she/it is a C***, which I have told them multiple times since.

Do we attribute things that are hard to believe as luck.or coincidence to being the work of God when it is in fact our own way of justifying them?
No such thing as luck, but rather just cause and effect. But we do attribute natural phenomenon and effects to God as our own way of justifying them.

"Do we attribute things that are hard to believe as luck.or coincidence to being the work of God when it is in fact our own way of justifying them?"

Luck and gambling are two things I believe are not of God. But yes I think some do that.

SamuelW

I see what you did at first was a way to make some quick money, which took you away from having faith in God to trust Him for your need. You poured good money into those machines, where instead you could have saved that money for your needs.

I will admit that my husband and I like to play the slots a couple times a year just for fun, but the money we spend does not take away from our needs and in helping others. I call it fun money as we take a certain amount with us and when that runs out we go home.

You were trying to prove a point in what you were researching, but yet these gambling companies are out to get your money to line their pockets. I feel it was Satan, unaware to you, that drew you into this as in your case it was money wasted, not being a good steward over your finances as you were trying to make your own way not relying on what God wants to give you in His best gifts He has for you.

I would say lessoned learn and start building up your faith in God to help in times of need.

You played the devil's game using his methods and got burned even though you saw through it. As a result, you became bitter and question all of life. Before you make your summation, try taking on Christ's yoke, living for/in Him. Keep your eyes focused on Him and begin a relationship with Him. Ask Him His ways and live them for at least as long as you tried the other side of the coin. Now, just so you know, there are wolves in churches too. Don't judge Christ by those posers you may encounter. There are some really good people you will come across as well ( even right here on this forum). May the Lord show you how ALL things can work to bring you to Him. Even what appeared to be "luck" brought you right here. You, as all of us, are on a collision course with Christ ( whether we believe it or not or like it or not).

Hello, my name's Sam & I was Christened as a child. (audience applauds)
I'm only trying to lighten the mood with poor humour because I feel like I'm about to share a bleak realisation that you may be unable to justify, but I hope I'm wrong of course.
Several years ago I needed to earn some money in a short space of time. I'm fortunate to be good at recognising patterns, so decided that I would watch dealers at online roulette tables.
One evening I noticed that the dealer was giving signals for what the upcoming result was going to be by tapping certain parts of her hand. After becoming aware that the games were being fixed, I then proceeded to document the cheating occurring at other tables owned by the same company, then did the same for another online betting company.
I felt like me stumbling across this operation, having had little to no previous interest in gambling, whilst being the sort of person who feels morally obliged to do what I can to bring it to a stop & having the ability to do so was all too much of coincidence IE that there must have been some external influence.
I have previously sent the information I had collected to the relevant authorities, who I later discovered have links with members of the gambling industry, hence no action has been taken despite the evidence being impossible to argue against.
I also discovered that the slot games on the gambling sites were fixed to pay big wins to new accounts with the aim of luring them in & was recently finishing off gathering my evidence. On the final site on my list of what was necessary for success, the instance did not occur.
I have always put money I won along the way back into the betting companies as it just came from problem gamblers & I felt it wasn't mine to keep.
Ultimately it seems to have been a huge waste of time & has cost me financially for trying to do what I deemed to be a noble cause which "couldn't have been a coincidence", but twice in succession I felt as though I had been tricked into doing something that I believed was right & then slapped in the face before a finish line which didn't exist.

This leads me to ask the question;

Looks to me like all of what transpired to you that was untoward was a result of your choice. I’m not saying it was wrong. But it was likely foolish to think you’re going to take down the gambling industry. Sometimes it wise to just let the weeds grow. I see no evidence God was involved at all.
And does it not make more sense for our creator to be unbiased with regard to anything that occurs amongst humans, with our stories of God being nothing more than a way of maintaining order amongst ourselves?
He is unbiased as far as disconnected matters like race or language or education. He favors certain character qualities though which is just.

As to the stories men tell about Him, many are in ignorance and might be told for comfort or control.
I suppose I'm looking for a reason to have any faith in "God" after what's happened but I've already pretty much decided that if there is a God he/she/it is a C***, which I have told them multiple times since.
Those words are not going to induce him to respond as you would like same as you wouldn’t befriend a person who says that to you in your face. And it’s not true in any case.

What do you mean by “faith in God” exactly? Do you mean that he exists? The demons know this and God is not impressed with those who admit he’s there. Is that all you want?

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back