Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do yall think we are living in the end times?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
H

heavenbound23

I have heard so much talk lately about the end times and it won't be long now before this world comes to an end. I don't know what to think. Are the prophecies in the Bible about the end times happening right now? Could someone please give me some scripture and then compare it to whats happening right now if you think we are living in the end times. Or do you think that the earth still has a while to go. I know none of you can know for sure but I just want to know what you think about it?

I have heard so much talk lately about the end times and it won't be long now before this world comes to an end.

Where in the Bible does it speak of the end of planet earth?

Are the prophecies in the Bible about the end times happening right now?

No, they were happening when the Bible was being written:

I Peter 1:20 who was foreknown indeed before the foundation of the world, but was manifested at the end of times for your sake,

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things has drawn near. Therefore be of sound mind, and be sensible to prayers.

Heb 9:26 else must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once at the end of the ages hath he been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Or do you think that the earth still has a while to go.

Ecc 1:4 A generation passes away, and a generation comes; but the earth remains forever.

1 Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden
destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child;
and they shall not escape.

That is the Road Map to sudden destruction,
the Israel Road Map by: Bush-Clinton-Bush

A couple of GW Bush's remarks from his September 12, 2002 speech at UN:
"America stands committed to an independent and DEMOCRATIC
Palestine, living side by side with Israel in PEACE AND SECURITY."
"The just demands of PEACE AND SECURITY security will be met."

Zec 12:3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people:
all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the
earth be gathered together against it. ALL THAT BURDEN THEMSELVES WITH
JERUSALEM SHALL BE CUT IN PIECES.

When they who would burden themselves with thoughts of dividing Jerusalem,
are saying PEACE & SAFETY, then we should know SUDDEN Destruction
comes as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

In my opinion we are not exactly living in the end times yet. I think we're still going through the 'birth pains'. Things are nowhere near as bad as they will be before Christ comes to take us home before the tribulation.

Matt 24:8-10 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

Remember that during Paul's day people also thought they were living in the end times and began selling their possessions and such to prepare for Christ's return. Believe me, when we're in the end times.. there will be NO question. Although right now we are experiencing some of these 'birth pains' I don't think we're quite fully dialated yet lol

Where in the Bible does it speak of the end of planet earth?

Ecc 1:4 A generation passes away, and a generation comes; but the earth remains forever.

Where in the bible does it speak of earth? The list is too long to even try to copy and paste.

The Earth will not remain forever, atleast not as we know it. It will be destroyed along with heaven, and there will be a new heaven and a new earth.

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure.

2 Peter 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Where in the bible does it speak of earth? The list is too long to even try to copy and paste.

I didn’t ask: where does the bible speak of earth.

The Earth will not remain forever, atleast not as we know it.

Yet the Bible says just the opposite:

Ecc 1:4 One generation goeth, and another generation cometh; but the earth abideth for ever.

Psa 104:5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, That it should not be moved for ever.

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure.

C.H. Spurgeon (1865)
"Did you ever regret the absence of the burnt-offering, or the red heifer, of any one of the sacrifices and rites of the Jews? Did you ever pine for the feast of tabernacle, or the dedication? No, because, though these were like the old heavens and earth to the Jewish believers, they have passed away, and we now live under the new heavens and a new earth, so far as the dispensation of divine teaching is concerned. The substance is come, and the shadow has gone: and we do not remember it." (Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit, vol. xxxvii, p. 354).

2 Peter 3:13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness.

John Lightfoot (1859)
"That the destruction of Jerusalem is very frequently expressed in Scripture as if it were the destruction of the whole world, Deut. 32:22; "A fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.' Jer. 4:23; 'I beheld the earth, and lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light,' &c. The discourse there also is concerning the destruction of that nation, Isa. 65:17; 'Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered,' &c. And more passages of this sort among the prophets. According to this sense, Christ speaks in this place; and Peter speaks in his Second Epistle, third chapter; and John, in the sixth of the Revelation; and Paul, 2 Cor. 5:17, &c. (vol. 2, pp. 18-19)

"With the same reference it is, that the times and state of things immediately following the destruction of Jerusalem are called 'a new creation,' new heavens,' and 'a new earth.' When should that be? Read the whole chapter; and you will find the Jews rejected and cut off; and from that time is that new creation of the evangelical world among the Gentiles.
Compare 2 Cor. 5:17 and Rev. 21:1,2; where, the old Jerusalem being cut off and destroyed, a new one succeeds; and new heavens and a new earth are created.

2 Peter 3:13: 'We, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth.' The heaven and the earth of the Jewish church and commonwealth must be all on fire, and the Mosaic elements burnt up; but we, according to the promise made to us by Isaiah the prophet, when all these are consumed, look for the new creation of the evangelical state" (vol. 3, p.453)
"
That the destruction of Jerusalem and the whole Jewish state is described as if the whole frame of the world were to be dissolved. Nor is it strange, when God destroyed his habitation and city, places once so dear to him, with so direful and sad an overthrow; his own people, whom he accounted of as much or more than the whole world beside, by so dreadful and amazing plagues. Matt. 24:29,30, 'The sun shall be darkened &c. Then shall appear the 'sign of the Son of man,' &c; which yet are said to fall out within that generation, ver. 34. 2 Pet. 3:10, 'The heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat,' &c. Compare with this Deut. 32:22, Heb. 12:26: and observe that by elements are understood the Mosaic elements, Gal 4:9, Coloss. 2:20: and you will not doubt that St. Peter speaks only of the conflagration of Jerusalem, the destruction of the nation, and the abolishing the dispensation of Moses" (vol. 3, p. 452).

John Owen (1721)
'It is evident, then, that in the prophetical idiom and manner of speech, by heavens and earth, the civil and religious state and combination of men in the world, and the men of them, were often understood. So were the heavens and earth that world which then was destroyed by the flood.
' 4. On this foundation I affirm that the heavens and earth here intended in this prophecy of Peter, the coming of the Lord, the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men, mentioned in the destruction of that heaven and earth, do all of them relate, not to the last and final judgment of the world, but to that utter desolation and destruction that was to be made of the Judaical church and state

'First, There is the foundation of the apostle's inference and exhortation, seeing that all these things, however precious they seem, or what value soever any put upon them, shall be dissolved, that is, destroyed; and that in that dreadful and fearful manner before mentioned, in a day of judgment, wrath, and vengeance, by fire and sword; let others mock at the threats of Christ's coming: He will come- He will not tarry; and then the heavens and earth that God Himself planted, -the sun, moon, and stars of the Judaical polity and church, -the whole old world of worship and worshippers, that stand out in their obstinancy against the Lord Christ, shall be sensibly dissolved and destroyed: this we know shall be the end of these things, and that shortly." (Sermon on 2 Peter iii. 11, Works, folio, 1721.).

John Brown (1853)
" 'Heaven and earth passing,' understood literally, is the dissolution of the present system of the universe, and the period when that is to take place, is called the 'end of the world.' But a person at all familiar with the phraseology of the Old Testament Scriptures, knows that the dissolution of the Mosaic economy, and the establishment of the Christian, is often spoken of as the removing of the old earth and heavens, and the creation of a new earth and new heavens" (vol. 1, p. 170)

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Is this Heaven and earth different than the one found in Is. 65-66.

heavenbound23 said:
I have heard so much talk lately about the end times and it won't be long now before this world comes to an end. I don't know what to think. Are the prophecies in the Bible about the end times happening right now? Could someone please give me some scripture and then compare it to whats happening right now if you think we are living in the end times. Or do you think that the earth still has a while to go. I know none of you can know for sure but I just want to know what you think about it?
You are not living in the end times as described in the bible. That is not to say the world won't end tonight. When you look at mans history man is enjoying unprecedented well being. If man is starving it's not because of a lack of food it's politics. Man is enjoying never imagined prosperity in health and medicine and untold progress is being made every day toward new forms of energy supplies. There are about 6 billion people on the planet and all you hear about are a few that make the headlines by a media that makes it's money by sensationalism. I would rather be alive today than at any time in history and if I could I would rather have lived in the future. To put things in perspective and only offering a small example of what I mean, could you imaging living in Eastern Europe when Genhis Khan rode the plains? Nothing and no one was safe when he rode through. History if full of examples like this. How about living during the time of the plagues? These things don't exist anymore. So right now if your are looking for evidence of the end time you will have to look elsewhere because things are better than they have ever been. If I were you I would stop looking and hoping for the end time because if they happen no one is going to be whisked up for safety. God has never seen fit to offer any evidence that he is there. He has never settled a court case or overturned and unfair verdict. My advise to you is spend your time making your own world a better place for all.

To put things in perspective and only offering a small example of what I mean, could you imaging living in Eastern Europe when Genhis Khan rode the plains? Nothing and no one was safe when he rode through. History if full of examples like this. How about living during the time of the plagues? These things don't exist anymore.

Just because these types of things don't happen in America, or they aren't splattered all over the news doesn't mean it isnt happening. Just look at the genocide of the Tutsi by the Hutu during the Rwanadan crisis. Nearly 800,000 people were killed in 90 days. Right now, in Sierra Leone, children are murdering thousands of people for fun. And these examples are just the tip of the iceberg. I can name hundreds of other instances events from the 1990s onward that easily compare to the things Gengis Kahn did. No plagues? How about the Aids pandemic that kills millions. These things do exist, you just need to open your eyes.

So right now if your are looking for evidence of the end time you will have to look elsewhere because things are better than they have ever been.
It depends on where you live homie. Things may be better then they ever have been in America, and I wouldn't even say that because as we speak your civil liberties and rights are in the process of being 'voted' away because if they aren't, 'the terrorist are gonna get you!'
When this country is living in a police state where dissidents are labeled terrorist for speaking out against the government, we'll see how grand you think it is. I'm sure you've heard that history repeats itself, and whats going on now is just building up to it. Winston Churchill once said, "The only thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn from history". So don't get too comfy.
If I were you I would stop looking and hoping for the end time because if they happen no one is going to be whisked up for safety. God has never seen fit to offer any evidence that he is there. He has never settled a court case or overturned and unfair verdict. My advise to you is spend your time making your own world a better place for all.

If you truly believe this you really must not have a lot of hope for your future when the poop starts flying. God is always here.. and he makes himself blatantly obvious to everyone willing to take off the blinders.

Romans 1:20 says since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

facts

starbyfar said:
To put things in perspective and only offering a small example of what I mean, could you imaging living in Eastern Europe when Genhis Khan rode the plains? Nothing and no one was safe when he rode through. History if full of examples like this. How about living during the time of the plagues? These things don't exist anymore.

Just because these types of things don't happen in America, or they aren't splattered all over the news doesn't mean it isnt happening. Just look at the genocide of the Tutsi by the Hutu during the Rwanadan crisis. Nearly 800,000 people were killed in 90 days. Right now, in Sierra Leone, children are murdering thousands of people for fun. And these examples are just the tip of the iceberg. I can name hundreds of other instances events from the 1990s onward that easily compare to the things Gengis Kahn did. No plagues? How about the Aids pandemic that kills millions. These things do exist, you just need to open your eyes.
I never said these things weren't happening. The point is that they have always happened and will continue to happen. There is nothing in Revelation that was predicted that wasn't going on then and continues to go on now. As for Aids there are new drugs discovered last week that points to a cure in the very near future.

[quote:biggrin9076] So right now if your are looking for evidence of the end time you will have to look elsewhere because things are better than they have ever been.
It depends on where you live homie. Things may be better then they ever have been in America, and I wouldn't even say that because as we speak your civil liberties and rights are in the process of being 'voted' away because if they aren't, 'the terrorist are gonna get you!'
Things are better for most on this planet and if they are not it is because of their own local government not because there is impending global doom.
When this country is living in a police state where dissidents are labeled terrorist for speaking out against the government, we'll see how grand you think it is. I'm sure you've heard that history repeats itself, and whats going on now is just building up to it. Winston Churchill once said, "The only thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn from history". So don't get too comfy.
I think your problem is that you are looking for the end because you can't face the reality that you might have to live to a ripe old age and then you might realize you have nothing to look forward too.
If I were you I would stop looking and hoping for the end time because if they happen no one is going to be whisked up for safety. God has never seen fit to offer any evidence that he is there. He has never settled a court case or overturned and unfair verdict. My advise to you is spend your time making your own world a better place for all.

If you truly believe this you really must not have a lot of hope for your future when the poop starts flying. God is always here.. and he makes himself blatantly obvious to everyone willing to take off the blinders.
On the contrary I have a lot of hope for the future. Man has always solved his problems and that is why things are better than they have ever been and that is why he is still here. As for the future I accept the possiblity that someone will pull the trigger or a rogue comet will hit the earth but I don't lose sleep over it. I can ony die once. I don't fret about the time before I was born and I am not going to fret about the time after I leave. As I said there is no reason to believe God is going to arrive like the cavalry in the movies. He hasn't intervened on the small stuff so there is no reason to assume he will intervene should the unthinkable happen.

Romans 1:20 says since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
It's a claim but where is the proof? [/quote:biggrin9076]

Regardless of what we think or say or believe, Christ in Matthew 24:14 tells us that time will not go past these boundaries! We may not like to hear this, or whatever, but that is His WORD!

The earth is like a huge Christmas tree. It has the Word of God scattered all over it as a whole. Forget the false teachers of Revelation 17:5, for they still distribute the Bible as the Word.

The only thing needed now, again, is for world Satellite to bring the truth into total view through the UN court as is seen in Matthew 10:23 through persecution for a true FINAL Testimony. (the latter rain will aid all decisions in this time period) This is the turning on of the lights to the world of the True Everlasting Gospel! Revelation 14:6

Shortly there after 666 will 'test' the world to see if they have any real true believing faith? One that will find them choosing between Christ & death.

---John

open ended

John the Baptist said:
Regardless of what we think or say or believe, Christ in Matthew 24:14 tells us that time will not go past these boundaries! We may not like to hear this, or whatever, but that is His WORD!
The passage is "open ended". It doesn't state just how long after the word had been preached in all the world will anything happen. Just like all the other so called prophecies of the end all the calamities have been with us all along. So don't quit your day job just yet.

]

proof

It's a claim but where is the proof?

If you were regenerate, The proof would be in your heart. But,

Romans 1:21-23 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

See also 1 Corinthians 2:14

You need "proof", rez, because you're unsaved. If you were saved, your eyes would be opened, and you'd see it.

Why don't you give your heart to Jesus Christ today?

Frank

Re: proof

ownedbyhim said:
[

You need "proof", rez, because you're unsaved. If you were saved, your eyes would be opened, and you'd see it.

Frank
I'm unsaved but that is not why I need proof. I just don't think the creator of the universe rewards gullibility. Thomas is the patron saint of skeptics. He should get a lot more credit.

I'm unsaved but that is not why I need proof. I just don't think the creator of the universe rewards gullibility. Thomas is the patron saint of skeptics. He should get a lot more credit.

You're right about that, but even Thomas found perfect proof from Jesus Christ, just as you can if you trust in The Creator of the universe for perfect proof. I don't recommend that you follow Jesus Christ blindly, just that you follow him.

Best regards,

Frank

Re: open ended

reznwerks said:
John the Baptist said:
The passage is "open ended". It doesn't state just how long after the word had been preached in all the world will anything happen. Just like all the other so called prophecies of the end all the calamities have been with us all along. So don't quit your day job just yet.

]

Interesting thinking! I just heard on the world news yesterday (Aids day or whatever?) that deaths from Aids number 25 Million. These are DEAD folks. Yea, surely times are getting better, huh? :crying: ---John

PS: This still stands True as I believe it, read its ending again for we are living in this time period. Surely I had remarked that 666 is the final testing, huh? (that is not open ended)

(repeated post!)

The earth is like a huge Christmas tree. It has the Word of God scattered all over it as a whole. Forget the false teachers of Revelation 17:5, for they still distribute the Bible as the Word.

The only thing needed now, again, is for world Satellite to bring the truth into total view through the UN court as is seen in Matthew 10:23 through persecution for a true FINAL Testimony. (the latter rain will aid all decisions in this time period) This is the turning on of the lights to the world of the True Everlasting Gospel! Revelation 14:6

Shortly there after 666 will 'test' the world to see if they have any real true believing faith? One that will find them choosing between Christ & death.

---John

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back