Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Growth Do you feel alone?

Elijah had just come off of a great win. He had beaten the false Gods of the Israelites and had slain their prophets. He had trusted the Lord and great victory had come to him. But then one woman, evil queen Jezebel, said she wanted to see him dead he arose and fled for his life.

Elijah became very distraught. He even prayed the he might die. “It is enough! Lord, take my life for I am no better than my fathers!” (1 Kings 19:4) How could a man who had seen such great miracles from the Lord turn so quickly and be ready to have his life taken. Well, he is human and humans are up and down and all over the place. Human emotions go from one extreme to another.

The Lord was not surprised by Elijah’s emotional roller coaster. He was not angry. Instead he sent an angel to minister to Elijah. The angel fed Elijah and allowed him to rest for a few days. Perhaps Elijah was worn out from the ordeal he had been through with Jezebels false prophets and it had affected him emotionally. So many of us do not operate at our maximum capacity when we are tired.

After a couple of days of rest and a meal that sustained him for 40 days, God instructed Elijah to take a journey to Horeb, the mountain of God. There he heard the voice of god telling him to return, anoint a new king over Israel, anoint a new prophet called Elisha, and anoint a new king over Syria.

Then the Lord told Elijah the one thing that I believe would have given him strength for the journey. “Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.” (1 Kings 19:18) Elijah found out he was not alone.

Sometimes we believe we are all alone. We have the Internet, TV, social media, and every kind electronic device today to convince us that we are connected to other people, yet we feel so along sometimes. If you feel like you are all alone, remember you have a good God that will not leave you alone, He has angels that will minister to you, and there are other people that are just the same as your are. They may also feel alone, but they aren’t either. There are those who live among us everyday that have lived faithfully for God.

I agree with what you say, but one can feel and actually be alone in a group of like-minded people of faith. I have felt this in church at times and in marriage. What gets me through it is realizing that I am NOT ever alone and the One who is always with me is my Lord and Savior, Creator of heaven and earth, Sustainer of my soul, my Protector and Provider, All-powerful, All-kowing, All-present, my Encourager and Empowerer, Most Holy and Gracious and my Loving FATHER, GOD.

Last edited:
I wish God would give us a hug every now and then.
puppy_dog_eyes.gif
That would really help.

As for dealing with loneliness, it helps to remember that loneliness is one experience almost all humans know, so ironically feeling lonely is something you have in common with everyone else, so it makes you part of humanity and one with everyone else.

I think He does, Claudya, more often than we know. I think we humans may make the mistake of seeking the temporal sensual experience to satisfy that yearning which is deeper and and provides a permenant "fix." The Spiritual plane of existance (keeping our focus upon and living in Christ), however long we can function there undistracted, provides that "fix" as we find ourselves immersed in the warm love and security and wholesome fullfillment of Jesus' continual embrace. Praise His name forever and ever!!!

Last edited:
Claudya: I wish God would give us a hug every now and then.

Wow. :) I actually said this to God in a conversation not more than 30 minutes ago! I know exactly how you feel. That would be great, wouldn't it?!

I meant (as I believe Claudya meant also) physically and not just spiritually. Come and manifest yourself Jesus! Give me a hug. Awesome!
Back on topic. I have days where I have prayed to be taken. We all have them, ups and downs, highs and lows. Today I prayed not to be taken though. This is not my life, and the Lord has not forsaken me. I have work to do. I can help. If I could help a brother or sister to be encouraged or to guide them towards the Lord and increase the Lords harvest...I should be doing it and not thinking of myself. 200,000 years from now (relatively speaking), I may look back on this point in my life and say uh-huh that was when I was going through some growing pains. Praise the Lord! :)

I know Edward, but what I was trying to say is what that physical/sensual hug delivers is a spiritual stimulus; however temporal, and we can have that stimulation or feeling contimuously when we operate on a spiritual plane keeping our eyes on Jesus (as Peter when he was walking on the stormy waters) and live in Him. We DO need hugs and kisses down here on earth. And they do seem to come so infrequently. Believe me I REALLY know, so that is why I said what I said; as we can't count on humans to deliver; not even our spouses.

Wow. :) I actually said this to God in a conversation not more than 30 minutes ago! I know exactly how you feel. That would be great, wouldn't it?!
Yeah I guess I depend a lot on touch in order to feel loved and connected.
It's impossible to get sufficient non sexual physical contact to others as a single.

200,000 years from now (relatively speaking), I may look back on this point in my life and say uh-huh that was when I was going through some growing pains. Praise the Lord! :)
Yeah that's a very helpfull thought to fight worries and negative thoughts. I may be suffering here right now, but in the grand scheme of things my sorrows matter little. If I succeed or fail, if I live or die matters little. What matters is Gods victory and His glory.
So whenever some negative thoughts (like how lonely I am and how no man is ever going to love me and other bull**** like that) haunt me, I can reply to myself "So what?" Now those problems seem huge to me, but some day I will die and return home to my Lord and then the things of this world are irrelevant.
Just like when we were kids a failed math test at school could be a huge and grave problem that would torment us and keep us awake at night, but now that we have left the things of the childhood behind we laugh about those issues.

Yeah I guess I depend a lot on touch in order to feel loved and connected.
It's impossible to get sufficient non sexual physical contact to others as a single.

Yeah that's a very helpfull thought to fight worries and negative thoughts. I may be suffering here right now, but in the grand scheme of things my sorrows matter little. If I succeed or fail, if I live or die matters little. What matters is Gods victory and His glory.
So whenever some negative thoughts (like how lonely I am and how no man is ever going to love me and other bull**** like that) haunt me, I can reply to myself "So what?" Now those problems seem huge to me, but some day I will die and return home to my Lord and then the things of this world are irrelevant.
Just like when we were kids a failed math test at school could be a huge and grave problem that would torment us and keep us awake at night, but now that we have left the things of the childhood behind we laugh about those issues.

Bravo Claudya. I totally agree with you. They do say that married couples live longer than singles. Because they hug and kiss so much. There is an energy transfer when one receives a hug or kiss, notwithstanding the chemical transfer that takes place (women and men both make certain chems that the opposite gender does not)). Can you imagine the energy transfer from a hug from Jesus?! WOW! (Come Lord Jesus!)

Glad I could help with a good perspective. Bless you. :)

Well,I feel all alone in this world as a Christian.I guess that is a good thing when you are totally commited to Christ.

Well,I feel all alone in this world as a Christian.I guess that is a good thing when you are totally commited to Christ.

I doubt there's a man or woman in the world who never felt alone. We're always alone, yet not alone. We have our Savior, we are created to be in community with each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, to carry us on to perfection.

I doubt there's a man or woman in the world who never felt alone. We're always alone, yet not alone. We have our Savior, we are created to be in community with each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, to carry us on to perfection.

I have been alone a lot but I have never really felt alone. I always felt like someone was there.

Back