Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you know for a fact you will go to Heaven when you die, and why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Where I'm going after death is to the grave, that is until the Lord resurrects me to the resurrection of life.
How about Heb 9:27 ...After death judgement follows? :confused

As for hell, nobody is there yet, because nobody faced the final judgment or sentencing yet. When they are cast into that lake of fire, they will be burned up and both body and soul will be destroyed like the bible says. That's the second death.

Source: The Bible
How about the rich man and Lazarus? :confused :confused

Lk16:19-31

There are people who have testified that God revealed it them...and they saw people perish :confused :confused:

Let's try to stay on topic please. This thread was not started to debate the possibility of afterlife. This thread is based on the knowledge that there is in fact an afterlife.

To the OP. Yes, I am going to be in heaven. Why? Because Jesus Christ has purchased my redemption.

Are you implying that grubal might go to hell or that you might?
Maybe you know

With threads like this I have found in the past there is a couple of objectives for a question like the op,

One is a genuine inquiry wanting info about a genuine concern.

The other type is a stirring thread by someone with thier minds made up already. The latter type of thread takes advantage of people's good nature and they write long carefully worded genuine replies. They take tome out of thier busy day to try to help someone else. It's not about winning an argument it's about helping your fellow man.

I am not sure with this thread. If I suspected the former I would have given a better explanation.

There is one rule none of us escape what is given out comes back many fold.
To the op if you have genuine concerns and would like a better response than the ones I left above write something in my profile visitor area or send me a message and il give you a better answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you remember what it was like before you were born, or even conceived? That's what I believe happens when you die... nothing. A complete shutdown of all brain activity means "you" simply cease to exist. I don't want to get into a debate over mind/body duality but I'll just say I don't believe it. This view makes this life much more valuable and love that much more meaningful because you know that this is your one chance and when you loose someone you love they are gone and you will never see them again. You have to make the most of the one finite life you have and work towards making the world a better place for future generations.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

You see, we agree. We only have once to live, might as well make the best of it and cherish all that we can while in this broken, fragile, wonderful world.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 1:22-25 Seeing that Jews ask for signs, and Greeks seek after wisdom: but we preach Christ crucified, unto Jews a stumblingblock, and unto Gentiles foolishness; but unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

I don't see anywhere in scriptures that states it's wrong to be an athiest, but scripture agrees with your statement. You consider the gospel foolishness. We simply disagree, but I'll bet we could both agree on how to treat one another. ;)

There are many religions. Not only that, just in the christian religion there are many denominations and subdenominations under them, each condemning the others in some way.

Look at them all as a path leading away from you, there are hundreds of paths to choose from. So you choose one and walk along it, on the way you find people telling you that this is the right path but they can't tell you how far you have to go. You soon realise that each path is equally likely to lead you where you want to be and along every path there are people who will tell you that theirs is the right one and that others are wrong. You can spend your whole life on one path and find nothing at the end, or you can spend your life trying many paths, the time you spend on each path is divided by how many paths you take and you never reach the end of most of them, and in the end the one you finally choose may still be the wrong one.

It is an impossible game, one which I refuse to play.

Then why are you playing it? For goodness sake, pick up your life and live it. Stop talking and go out and actually DO something that's going to make a difference in somebodies life. I mean, you think that when everyone dies, we just die. Poof, that's it. So why are you telling us that what we believe is wrong? I mean, why does it matter to you what we believe about heaven or hell if your so sure of where we all go when we die? Your playing the game, and you can't even see it... you don't even realize that your a part of it... At what point does this get real?

Honestly, I think you're still trying to work it out. Still searching for the truth, and you don't have it nailed yet. Guess what friend, nobody's got it nailed... The only thing you can be sure of, is that Jesus was nailed to that cross. My question to you is this. According to the scriptures, was what Jesus did foolish?

I had a post here. It is missing:confused:
There was a sea-breeze ...and I know it must have blown it towards the desert.

I am matching down to desert with a forecaster and a search party...Perhaps they Could help me find my post.

Alright.
I am not gonna die, but if I do...I would find myself in JESUS' kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why are you playing it? For goodness sake, pick up your life and live it. Stop talking and go out and actually DO something that's going to make a difference in somebodies life. I mean, you think that when everyone dies, we just die. Poof, that's it. So why are you telling us that what we believe is wrong? I mean, why does it matter to you what we believe about heaven or hell if your so sure of where we all go when we die? Your playing the game, and you can't even see it... you don't even realize that your a part of it... At what point does this get real?

Honestly, I think you're still trying to work it out. Still searching for the truth, and you don't have it nailed yet. Guess what friend, nobody's got it nailed... The only thing you can be sure of, is that Jesus was nailed to that cross. My question to you is this. According to the scriptures, was what Jesus did foolish?

AMEN!!!

How about Heb 9:27 ...After death judgement follows? :confused

I believe that. I'm not sure what you're confused about. Everyone will eventually be raised for judgment. So, to be raised they have to die first.

How about the rich man and Lazarus? :confused :confused

Lk16:19-31

There are people who have testified that God revealed it them...and they saw people perish :confused :confused:

That's a parable, as I learned even apocryphal stories about the "afterlife" are likewise. That's one of the main points about the end times: judgment and one's eternal abode. But it does not happen individually at one's death, but rather at the appointed times.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back