Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Growth Do you know who your enemy is?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
As a Christian, do you know who your enemy is?
The answer is anyone around you that resists Christ as Lord!
They are our co workers, neighbors, children and even our spouses whom persecute us for the Word’s sake, for the Word of God(His Voice) is to hard for them to hear because it causes them torment, hence they are not able to obey due to the spirit that they are of. They are of an anti-Christ(Word) spirit.
It is only by the Spirit of God that one can say Jesus is Lord, because God'sSpirit guides us into all truth and when we love The Word, then we can say we love God.
For God is exactly as His Word. Every man is revealed by his word rather he is faithful to his word, or a liar. And we know the Bible says that God is not a man that He should lie. That is why Jesus can claim he is equal to God for they are one in the same. You can not separate the man from his word for his word is his name... such as one who lies is named a liar, one who steals is named a thief and so on.
They in themselves are not the problem for they WERE made in God‘s image before eating of the wrong tree that taught them to walk contrary to the LORD, learning how to be good and evil.
It is the unclean spirit that resides in them that hates The Word(Christ of God) and can not submit to him. They are led of the devil, doing his bidding, they just don’t know it or at least most of them do not! In fact most of them believe their self to be good people, I know, I was one of those till my spiritual eyes were opened and I could see truth.
They walk in a lower life of darkness, restless, poverty stricken, or can be wealthy with ill gotten gains but poor inwardly due to their disconnection with God by His Spirit whom exalts His Word of Wisdom in God’s man. Wealth can not save us, it is just a tool to live a good prosperous life when obtained through seeking God's wisdom, but in it's self is useless to save or heal us. Only God is able to bring true wealth and healing by obedience to Christ.
No, our enemy’s are not other nations, but our own unbelieving family and our weapon of warfare is not of the carnal nature, but of the Spirit
Here is the soldier suit that we are to put on as a soldier for Christ:
Eph 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
KJV

When we step out in faith, proclaiming God’s Word( Our covenant promises) for our protection or provision, all we need do is REST (inwarding) in Christ, knowing that God is the one who is going to fight for us and that the labor to handle it is not ours, but our God's for our victory when we abide in Christ.. Abide in The Word. Does not mean that we don't do the natural such as fill out the papers, go to the place etc... just means that those are not where our victory comes from, and our trust should not be in our own works or the hand of any man.

Our faith for God to be willing and able to do it is all that is required for without faith it is impossible to please God. Prayer for God's help in all situations that come up against us, is the first thing we must do, not the last attempt! He must be first!

Last edited:
I disagree with the part about it's our co workers and family and people in general. Yes we do get persecuted but it is for the words sake and nothing to do with us. The devil will use people and that is no lie.
However for the most part the devil loves to use christian brothers and sisters to do this as well as lust of the flesh and cares of the world and riches of other things and so forth.

Ephesians 6:12.....KJV....For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The only reason I wrote this is because I do not want those believers who really do not know much about this to start thinking people are their problems....People are not ever are problems. If we try to fix a problem person we are doing so in our strength....Not much lasting value there...However when we return to the written word and walk in Love and Forgivness then we will see lasting results for the better.

Forgiving others and Loving others are not just something we should try to do or maybe do...NO these are true commandments from our Lord and Besides it pleases Him when we do...I do not know about most but I want to be pleasing Him every chance I get.

Any way there is Power in both Love and Forgiveness. When we choose to walk in them and put forth action in them then we will see things change. Example...Lord I do not hold any aught against them and I forgive them and I love them even as you have loved them. Hint, God is not holding anything against them so why should you. When you release the power of forgiveness and Love into any situation you will allow or as invited God to move on your behalf. This must also be followed up by prayer too. Pray for those who persecute you.

Faith-Love-Forgiveness work hand in hand...You wont get Faith working with out Love and Forgiveness.
Any way sorry to burst in like this...
Have a very blessed day
Jim

Christ died for His enemies.

Rom 5:6 ¶ For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 - For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.​

Gods Devinely written word plainly tells us in Ephesians chapter six and verse twelve For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary6:10-18 Spiritual strength and courage are needed for our spiritual warfare and suffering. Those who would prove themselves to have true grace, must aim at all grace; and put on the whole armour of God, which he prepares and bestows. The Christian armour is made to be worn; and there is no putting off our armour till we have done our warfare, and finished our course. The combat is not against human enemies, nor against our own corrupt nature only; we have to do with an enemy who has a thousand ways of beguiling unstable souls. The devils assault us in the things that belong to our souls, and labour to deface the heavenly image in our hearts. We must resolve by God's grace, not to yield to Satan. Resist him, and he will flee. If we give way, he will get ground. If we distrust either our cause, or our Leader, or our armour, we give him advantage. The different parts of the armour of heavy-armed soldiers, who had to sustain the fiercest assaults of the enemy, are here described. There is none for the back; nothing to defend those who turn back in the Christian warfare. Truth, or sincerity, is the girdle. This girds on all the other pieces of our armour, and is first mentioned. There can be no religion without sincerity. The righteousness of Christ, imputed to us, is a breastplate against the arrows of Divine wrath. The righteousness of Christ implanted in us, fortifies the heart against the attacks of Satan. Resolution must be as greaves, or armour to our legs; and to stand their ground or to march forward in rugged paths, the feet must be shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Motives to obedience, amidst trials, must be drawn from a clear knowledge of the gospel. Faith is all in all in an hour of temptation. Faith, as relying on unseen objects, receiving Christ and the benefits of redemption, and so deriving grace from him, is like a shield, a defence every way. The devil is the wicked one. Violent temptations, by which the soul is set on fire of hell, are darts Satan shoots at us. Also, hard thoughts of God, and as to ourselves. Faith applying the word of God and the grace of Christ, quenches the darts of temptation. Salvation must be our helmet. A good hope of salvation, a Scriptural expectation of victory, will purify the soul, and keep it from being defiled by Satan. To the Christian armed for defense in battle, the apostle recommends only one weapon of attack; but it is enough, the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. It subdues and mortifies evil desires and blasphemous thoughts as they rise within; and answers unbelief and error as they assault from without. A single text, well understood, and rightly applied, at once destroys a temptation or an objection, and subdues the most formidable adversary. Prayer must fasten all the other parts of our Christian armour. There are other duties of religion, and of our stations in the world, but we must keep up times of prayer. Though set and solemn prayer may not be seasonable when other duties are to be done, yet short pious prayers darted out, always are so. We must use holy thoughts in our ordinary course. A vain heart will be vain in prayer. We must pray with all kinds of prayer, public, private, and secret; social and solitary; solemn and sudden: with all the parts of prayer; confession of sin, petition for mercy, and thanksgiving for favours received. And we must do it by the grace of God the Holy Spirit, in dependence on, and according to, his teaching. We must preserve in particular requests, notwithstanding discouragements. We must pray, not for ourselves only, but for all saints. Our enemies are mighty, and we are without strength, but our Redeemer is almighty, and in the power of his mighty we may overcome. Wherefore we must stir up ourselves. Have not we, when God has called, often neglected to answer? Let us think upon these things, and continue our prayers with patience.
http://biblehub.com/ephesians/6-12.htm

I would simply say... My greatest enemy is myself. If I considered everyone my enemy that resists Christ, I would be no different then them. I would see it through there eyes, I am a enemy because my belief in Christ is a threat to them. Not only that but, it would be my choices that shows them truth through love or not. In this I am responsible and to this day battle myself.

I would simply say... My greatest enemy is myself. If I considered everyone my enemy that resists Christ, I would be no different then them. I would see it through there eyes, I am a enemy because my belief in Christ is a threat to them. Not only that but, it would be my choices that shows them truth through love or not. In this I am responsible and to this day battle myself.
I believe the thought that we are our own worst enemy is cliche and nothing more. my thoughts about my own worst enemy is the spirits which tempt me with sin and falling into that trap however if I am clothed with the full armor that Abba Adonai has equipped each and every believer with we are able to overcome and stand strong against the wiles of satan and his demonic imps We can do all things in and through the Lord Yeshua and the Holy Spirit who guides us or should I say who we should allow to guide us for keeping our eyes Fixed on Yeshua our Messiah and the guidance of the Holy Ghost is where our strength comes from.
As for others who reject Jesus as our messiah is not my enemy because God has given us all free will to choose for ourselves who we choose to follow or not. Now when a person or group of people attempts to forcably control me by an act of tyriny terror or cohersion just pure evil or to cause me or members of my family harm by those same methods then that person or group of people are my enemy and by that definition we are called by God to physically protect and defend ourselves against our enemy.

Last edited:
God is Truth, and Truth is the only true reality. Whatever is not Truth is not true, and is a false-realty/deception - the very nature of satan.
Satan and demons are, on their own, powerless. They have no truth in them to sustain a true reality. They need the energy bled by those that fear satan. It is that fear which validates and keeps it going in that false-reality. Satan needs the world of fear to feed off. If the world became love, satan would starve to non-existence.
So who feeds satan with our fears? The unfaithful.
The unfaithful are those that believe they are not from God. Those that do not feel okay for some reason or other. Those who feed satan with their fears. They are the unfaithful to the Great Reality within us.

As a Christian, do you know who your enemy is?
The answer is anyone around you that resists Christ as Lord!

wow........... really?

Ephesians 6:12.....KJV....For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Gods Devinely written word plainly tells us in Ephesians chapter six and verse twelve For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Concerning we don't have a 100% right to wrong ratio here.

I believe the thought that we are our own worst enemy is cliche and nothing more. my thoughts about my own worst enemy is the spirits which tempt me with sin and falling into that trap however if I am clothed with the full armor that Abba Adonai has equipped each and every believer with we are able to overcome and stand strong against the wiles of satan and his demonic imps We can do all things in and through the Lord Yeshua and the Holy Spirit who guides us or should I say who we should allow to guide us for keeping our eyes Fixed on Yeshua our Messiah and the guidance of the Holy Ghost is where our strength comes from.
As for others who reject Jesus as our messiah is not my enemy because God has given us all free will to choose for ourselves who we choose to follow or not. Now when a person or group of people attempts to forcably control me by an act of tyriny terror or cohersion just pure evil or to cause me or members of my family harm by those same methods then that person or group of people are my enemy and by that definition we are called by God to physically protect and defend ourselves against our enemy.

I couldn't agree more. I am my own enemy for the simple reason that I let life pass me by. Without Christ in my life I have no voice, I am shy at best and would never have the courage to intervene when God calls me to it.

When you put it that way I too can say that I was my own enemy by letting so much of my life pass by due to me simply shutting down for several years. It took Abba Adonai intervention in my life to get me back to living life in victory and in abundant fullness of all this physical life has for me to discover and to record the precious memories that will forever be with me in this life and the life to come. If you have read my testimony that intervention has forever changed me and my outlook on how precious and fleeting this life is and how we should seize the day every day for today is a day the Lord our God has made and I will rejoice and be Glad in it!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back