Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Meaningless debate going on bro. Don't want to debate for the sake of debating . Please do whatever you want to. Won't write or reply to you no more on this matter . Just remember Matthew 25 : 31-46 judgment day vision Jesus gave, will play out word for word . No power in the universe or theologian can stop that from happening. Make sure you're not standing in the wrong group on that day. I don't care whatever theologian you use . Isn't it too late for following 'em ? Judgment on mankind is here already
I'm not debating for the sake of debating. You're saying not to trust theologians. That's not meaningless. The (unstated) advice is to trust you. So, since you're without any qualifications I will trust theologians about all Christian matters.

The God in me loves God with all their heart. But He doesn't surface much. Weighed down by sin. Smothered by sin. Buried by sin.
I love God by loving the goodness in life. A beautiful sunny day with a gentle breeze. A sweet smile from my dog. Witnessing kindness in others.
I struggle to love the sin in others and myself. But then the challenge is to look past that sin and see the purity behind. God..
No. Not easy

We don't want to love the sin, just the petson. If we don't love the sinner we don't love anyone. Everyone is a sinner, except The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

It depends how you look at love. I wouldn't harn them and if I saw them injured or hungry I would help them if I could.
That's interesting. Now we are getting to the nuts and bolts of what love is.
Just because I don't want to harm someone, doesn't mean I like/love them.
Love then is a kind of neutral feeling.
Some of those serial killers I've watched on YouTube. I wouldn't help them even if they needed my help. Because I don't trust them. The minute you relax with them, you are vulnerable. You need to be in survival mode with them. Because they are always preying on weakness.
So the fact is, I don't love everyone and never will. All I can do is try to love many. Or more people every day

I won't go there this weekend then. Did you go in the spa?
The story needs me to be the hero and all round exciting adventurous person who got in the spa.
Unfort. I stayed near the car and looked after the dog. The rock climbing was too much. Wife skipped it too. Getting too old with too many excuses .

Everyone is a sinner, except The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit

A sinner is defined as a person separated from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7:26

You are not a sinner.

Sinner — Strong's G268 - hamartōlos

1. devoted to sin, a sinner
    1. not free from sin
    2. pre-eminently sinful, especially wicked
      1. all wicked men
      2. specifically of men stained with certain definite vices or crimes
        1. tax collectors, heathen

You are saint.

Saint — Strong's G40 - hagios

1. most holy thing, a saint

You are in Christ; joined to Christ and are one spirit with Him, and therefore you are a holy one, a saint.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

Those who are indeed, in Christ are one spirit with the Spirit of Holiness, and are saints.

Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God which He promised before through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead. Romans 1:4

The New Testament is written to saints; children of God.

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:1-2

JLB

Very convicting question. I would go further with this verse...

"and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart , and with all your soul , and with all your mind , and with all your strength ."
Mark 12:30

The heart is deceitful above all things, it is emotion... So to love God with all my heart, to me, means to guide my heart in what He wants rather then what my flesh wants at all times. I think loving God with all my heart means more in making the right decisions, basically. Loving God with all my soul and mind would be feeding myself more with the Word rather then more of the world, I think. To love Him with all my strength is to do everything for His glory rather then my own... I don't know. I fall in these areas a lot in serving God. I know my heart is His though. I am thankful every day for the transformation in my heart and thankful that even though I may fail in loving Him, He never fails loving me.

Back