Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you really believe we are living in the end times and why?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

dalton

It seems people have always thought the end of days was just around the corner claiming it would be at the time of this generation or that generation and those generations continue to pass away and life goes on.
I am not saying we are not close to the end times I am just curious why our generation is different.

It seems people have always thought the end of days was just around the corner claiming it would be at the time of this generation or that generation and those generations continue to pass away and life goes on.
I am not saying we are not close to the end times I am just curious why our generation is different.

Thank you dalton for asking a sensible question.

The world has seen horrible times come and go.
Every generation that has seen these times has turned to biblical prophecy and asked, "Is this it? Is this the end?"

What they have overlooked is that the end comes at the appointed time. This "time" is appointed by God the Father Himself.

The necessary "elements" needed for its fulfillment absolutely MUST be in place for these things to come to pass.

There are many elements necessary, and this is why time continues to go on and the end does not yet come. ALL elements (or ingredients, if you will) must be in place.

One element is what you read daily within this forum. A bunch of people shooting their mouths off thinking they "know" something. It's called arrogance. More like insolence. It's called LACK OF FAITH.

NOT believing God will bring these things to pass in their appointed time.
Like the Hebrews being uncertain of Moses being appointed by God to lead them out of captivity and into the promised land; so goes these people not believing their Exodus is at hand, and that God has groomed and appointed His two witnesses to do so.

Full of themselves they have no regard for authority appointed by God.

Here are the ingredients;

A rebellious and ignorant (of God) generation.
People who are stuck on themselves and lovers of their (supposed) knowledge.
Lovers of themselves and lovers of money.
Arrogant and believing they have control (there is no God but themselves).
Refusing to believe that God will do EXACTLY as He has said, and ALL will come to pass, INCLUDING a living breathing man who dares to believe he IS god.
That Satan has no desire to occupy a living man in order to fulfill his destiny.
That the two witnesses of God are (Moses & Elijah, Elijah & Enoch, etc) because they do not understand what has been spoken and WRITTEN.
christians who are NOT Christians.
Christians who believe that somehow God would allow them to understand what He has declared to be beyond their understanding.
Forgetting that Jesus will return as a thief in the night, and thinking somehow that they will not be caught off guard (due to their arrogance).
Not understanding that there are indeed secrets that will remain secret until the time of their revealing.
Pointing out issues that have nothing to do with salvation.
Jews who are not chosen other than they believe that they are Jews because of their lineage, (Which gets back to christians who call Jesus Lord but He does not know them).
Christians who have forgotten that, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word Breathed By God", and think they need to store food for themselves and or find a place to hide.
And most importantly to me; people who think that somehow becoming some kind of biblical scholar PROTECTS then from deception, when autistic humans have better relationship with Christ than the WISE AND LEARNED! (What part of chosen don't they get? What part of predestined don't they get? What part of GOD ALMIGHTY don't they get?) What part of, THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't they get?
ANSWER- They look in the mirror and see themselves.
I could go on, but Godlessness puts it in a nutshell.

O, do I long for their mouths to be shut.
O, do I long for their arrogance to be thwarted.
O, do I long for their knowledge to be utterly frustrated
They long to save themselves because they have no faith in Christ, nor God.

This is the sign of the age in which I live. The MANY who occupy this forum and the FEW who admit it.

Come Lord Jesus!

AMEN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you dalton for asking a sensible question.

The world has seen horrible times come and go.
Every generation that has seen these times has turned to biblical prophecy and asked, "Is this it? Is this the end?"

What they have overlooked is that the end comes at the appointed time. This "time" is appointed by God the Father Himself.

The necessary "elements" needed for its fulfillment absolutely MUST be in place for these things to come to pass.

There are many elements necessary, and this is why time continues to go on and the end does not yet come. ALL elements (or ingredients, if you will) must be in place.

One element is what you read daily within this forum. A bunch of people shooting their mouths off thinking they "know" something. It's called arrogance. More like insolence. It's called LACK OF FAITH.

NOT believing God will bring these things to pass in their appointed time.
Like the Hebrews being uncertain of Moses being appointed by God to lead them out of captivity and into the promised land; so goes these people not believing their Exodus is at hand, and that God has groomed and appointed His two witnesses to do so.

Full of themselves they have no regard for authority appointed by God.

Here are the ingredients;

A rebellious and ignorant (of God) generation.
People who are stuck on themselves and lovers of their (supposed) knowledge.
Lovers of themselves and lovers of money.
Arrogant and believing they have control (there is no God but themselves).
Refusing to believe that God will do EXACTLY as He has said, and ALL will come to pass, INCLUDING a living breathing man who dares to believe he IS god.
That Satan has no desire to occupy a living man in order to fulfill his destiny.
That the two witnesses of God are (Moses & Elijah, Elijah & Enoch, etc) because they do not understand what has been spoken and WRITTEN.
christians who are NOT Christians.
Christians who believe that somehow God would allow them to understand what He has declared to be beyond their understanding.
Forgetting that Jesus will return as a thief in the night, and thinking somehow that they will not be caught off guard (due to their arrogance).
Not understanding that there are indeed secrets that will remain secret until the time of their revealing.
Pointing out issues that have nothing to do with salvation.
Jews who are not chosen other than they believe that they are Jews because of their lineage, (Which gets back to christians who call Jesus Lord but He does not know them).
Christians who have forgotten that, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word Breathed By God", and think they need to store food for themselves and or find a place to hide.
And most importantly to me; people who think that somehow becoming some kind of biblical scholar PROTECTS then from deception, when autistic humans have better relationship with Christ than the WISE AND LEARNED! (What part of chosen don't they get? What part of predestined don't they get? What part of GOD ALMIGHTY don't they get?) What part of, THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU, don't they get?
ANSWER- They look in the mirror and see themselves.
I could go on, but Godlessness puts it in a nutshell.

O, do I long for their mouths to be shut.
O, do I long for their arrogance to be thwarted.
O, do I long for their knowledge to be utterly frustrated
They long to save themselves because they have no faith in Christ, nor God.

This is the sign of the age in which I live. The MANY who occupy this forum and the FEW who admit it.

Come Lord Jesus!

AMEN.

Well said brother, well said.

The self-righteousness of people is a great point you've made. All glory is Gods, if we are lucky enough to have a little knowledge, then we should be thankful and continue to seek what God requires from us. Being humble is key, willing to learn, willing to help, willing to continue each day, every day in doing what God requires from us.

All glory to God through his Son, Jesus Christ.

You'll know when we're in the endtimes cos the entire Christian Church will have been raptured away!

NOT! Lolz...

Actually the sign I'm looking out for is when a completely OVERT and GLOBAL world dictatorship is finally announced to the public. This is the start I think. Everything is in place now but the Man of Sin needs to be revealed and it needs to be official.

Luckily this state of affairs will only last 1 hour.

Whether 1 hour will be what we think 1 hour will be is another question.

Thanks dalton,

1) The 20th Century saw the long-awaited regathering of the Jews to their homeland, within the turbulent arena of an aggressive neighborhood, making Jerusalem, "a cup of trembling unto all the people round about (Zec. 12: 2) [and] a burdensome stone for all people (Zec. 12: 3)."

2) The 20th Century also saw the architecture of an integrated global financial system that can be linked to personal R.F.I.D. technology, such "that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark (Rev. 13: 17)."

Surely, and by God allowing us increased knowledge to have instant comunication worldwide with 666 forced false religeon seen on world 'court' satalite. Matt. 24:14's time will not go past this true 'testimony' wittness. Just think of what the Latter Rain of Acts 3:19 will accomplish! It will be finished at that 666 time in a extra short span! Christ + Paul stated that it would be cut short in rightousness. And everything is nearly all set for the ENDING!

And NO, there is NO RAPTURE!:screwloose

--Elijah

The generation of evil ones have been here from Day 1 of Adam.

They have existed as a matter of toleration of God since and that can end at any time, or so we all hope.

s

Actually only a small % of the church has ever thought we were living in the last day. Only the first generation and our generation has believe in large percentages that these are the last day, and this is the only generation were non-religious, as well as other religion believe we are in the end times as well. The signs are here we ARE in the last of the last days.

You'll know when we're in the endtimes cos the entire Christian Church will have been raptured away!

NOT! Lolz...

Actually the sign I'm looking out for is when a completely OVERT and GLOBAL world dictatorship is finally announced to the public. This is the start I think. Everything is in place now but the Man of Sin needs to be revealed and it needs to be official.

Luckily this state of affairs will only last 1 hour.

Whether 1 hour will be what we think 1 hour will be is another question.
Shweew you have me fooled for a second....lol

Yes, I to think we are living in the last days. It funny when you can watch the news and it finally says what the bible said it would say almost 2000 yrs ago.. come Lord Jesus.:clap

Eze 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

The old testament is full of future events , prophecy.

Study all of Ezk 38 it reads like todays newspapers .

There are 100's of old testament proving these are the last days.

This is the detaliled account of Russia ,Persia, Lybia, EEC, Arabs attacking Israel very soon.

Eze 38:1 ¶ And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Zec 14:1 ¶ Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Zec 14:3 ¶ Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Read all of Zech chapter 12 13 14 they all speak of today events that describe the events about to take place.

Eze 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land [that is] brought back from the sword, [and is] gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

The old testament is full of future events , prophecy.

Study all of Ezk 38 it reads like todays newspapers .

There are 100's of old testament proving these are the last days.

This is the detaliled account of Russia ,Persia, Lybia, EEC, Arabs attacking Israel very soon.

Eze 38:1 ¶ And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Eze 38:2 Son of man, set thy face against Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

Zec 14:1 ¶ Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Zec 14:3 ¶ Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Read all of Zech chapter 12 13 14 they all speak of today events that describe the events about to take place.

Read all of Joel chapter 2, and 3 .

Joe 3:1 ¶ For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
So when Israel becomes a nation again after 2,000 years of waiting then they are attacked, bringing about the last day.

Joe 3:2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Nope, not yet. To the point of jesus returning in the next decade or two anyway.

This is probably the very last generation of world history, everything is ripe, the Man of Sin reigns Supremely in the Religious World, almost every, if not every so called denomination has corrupted the Gospel of God, and has replaced it with mans opinion and human sentiment. The Pervading opinion is that Mans Freewill reigns supreme in the matter of salvation, even God taking a back seat to it, God has done all He could do to save a People, but the final application of salvation rests in the hands of mans mighty freewill. I believe 99.9 % of all religions believe that ultimately man has to do something to get saved.

We are not living in the end times. For the last 2000 years people have thought that it was the end times. Many times people have gathered for the great rapture and every single time there was none.

Its been 2000 years already. He isn't coming.

If he was coming he would have been here already.

Why do you think that? Just because people have been waiting 2,000 years? I am sure that people thought that it would happen within days of the resurrection and when it didnt maybe some thought he was'nt coming....so the fact that it has been 2,000 years or 5,000 years does not carry a whole lot of weight with me.
Again I dont know how i feel for sure about the subject .

We are not living in the end times. For the last 2000 years people have thought that it was the end times. Many times people have gathered for the great rapture and every single time there was none.

Its been 2000 years already. He isn't coming.

Now I know for sure we are in the last days

2nd Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Yes, I believe we are living in the "end" of the world too. Though, not the end as in it being devastated of human life. The beginning of the world is that world where the "knowledge of good and evil" reigns, and it brings death unto all men. The end of the world is that world where Christ (life) reigns, herein we are now. The best is yet to come. It will be exciting alright, but good.

As far as JC coming as a thief in the night, only for the unbelieving. As for those who know and believe Christ's simple message of truth, it is not a surprise at all, for they know the very day he comes, and if you don't know that day right now, it will surprise you because it's not what you think or have been taught.

The good news is, whether we believe, or don't believe, Christ died for us, that we should live together with him. So, it comes out good in the end all the way around. In any story, there are actors of both good and evil, and at the end, the actor of evil has also done good, else the actor of good has done evil.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back