Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Do you use a water filter? Chlorine?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So basically there's a fair amount of toxins in the water these days. Water is clear of bacteria cause of the water treatment plant, and they make sure there isn't like a ton of lead in it either, but what IS in there is a little bit of stuff like hormones and chemicals, pollution. And definitely chlorine cause they use it purify the water. Which is good, but by the time it gets to me I want that chlorine out. Basically I think you really need to have a good water filter on deck. I'm always looking for what brand people like? I like these ones to get the chlorine out, which they're good at apparently. But I'm open to looking for another one if anyone knows better? Thanks for your help!

So basically there's a fair amount of toxins in the water these days. Water is clear of bacteria cause of the water treatment plant, and they make sure there isn't like a ton of lead in it either, but what IS in there is a little bit of stuff like hormones and chemicals, pollution. And definitely chlorine cause they use it purify the water. Which is good, but by the time it gets to me I want that chlorine out. Basically I think you really need to have a good water filter on deck. I'm always looking for what brand people like? I like these ones to get the chlorine out, which they're good at apparently. But I'm open to looking for another one if anyone knows better? Thanks for your help!
Water is clear at the water treatment plant but I wonder how clean the pipes and tanks are after it leaves the treatment plant :chin ? That being said YES we do need to filter our water at home too . Your coffee :coffee and tea will taste better and that is always a plus ! Here is a link to the filter we have been using the last few years and really like it .

https://mypatriotsupply.com/products/alexapure-pro-water-filtration-system

Water is clear at the water treatment plant but I wonder how clean the pipes and tanks are after it leaves the treatment plant :chin ? That being said YES we do need to filter our water at home too . Your coffee :coffee and tea will taste better and that is always a plus ! Here is a link to the filter we have been using the last few years and really like it .

https://mypatriotsupply.com/products/alexapure-pro-water-filtration-system
Your ole small amount of pipes from the filter ,well ro is what they sell .that hates being void and guess what it does ,it eats your pvc and lead or brass piping

I had two system and got rid of them
Ro doesn't remove toxins . It desalinates and removes the lime or salt .
It won't remove chemicals that are able to pass the membrane and you can't drink ro .

Despite that sales pitch .I often replaced toilet parts and water heaters after I bought the system .

I don't think they should be illegal but they don't exactly have the epa licenses that require testing and on hand experience in a water plant .

A one year gets a c ,three year a b,and a five years .

The water grid I work uses ro and it's large filters were made by Brita and others that I often paid to install.charcoal filtration I believe they had .

I know in sewage they use that . But our sources are underground and not near the ocean enough to draw in pharmaceuticals.

I have never had a problem drinking city waters. I prefer no chlorine but I am not going to refuse to drink the water that has been treated. We live on a farm so our water is ground water. The only treatment we have is that we pass the water through a bladderless pressure tank to allow hydrogen-sulfide gas to evaporate then through a 25 micron whole house sediment filter and finally through a water softener to remove/reduce calcium, magnesium, iron, and other hard water metals. We use no carbon filters.

When I am outside I have no problem drinking directly from our outdoor faucets and frost proof hydrants which is completely unfiltered except through the ground.

I have never had a problem drinking city waters. I prefer no chlorine but I am not going to refuse to drink the water that has been treated. We live on a farm so our water is ground water. The only treatment we have is that we pass the water through a bladderless pressure tank to allow hydrogen-sulfide gas to evaporate then through a 25 micron whole house sediment filter and finally through a water softener to remove/reduce calcium, magnesium, iron, and other hard water metals. We use no carbon filters.

When I am outside I have no problem drinking directly from our outdoor faucets and frost proof hydrants which is completely unfiltered except through the ground.
I have photos of WW2 versions of that cistern with a blower to remove sulfur

That is a good idea and one I have checked into. I plan to build my own filter system with two 5 gallon buckets. Amazon has bunch of good filters for around 40 bucks a pop. The fileters has an outlet fitting on it with rubber washers and all sso I'll drill a hole just big enough to install the filter into the bottom of one bucket and just sit it on top of the empty bucket and pour water into the bucket and it gravity drains and filters it.

I think we can probably expect a worldwide blackout at some point. I have a freshwater creek about 200 yards from my house. Five gallons at a time. Low tech, lol.

I left two of those filters in my cart at amazon right now, lol. Next payday maybe. We're getting very very close I believe.

Can't use a well without power unless it's a artesian or flow well .flow wells are often low pressure and need a boost pump

Can't use a well without power unless it's a artesian or flow well .flow wells are often low pressure and need a boost pump
My grandparents had a flowing well on their farm. They tapped into it somehow and brought the pipe to a central location on the property. My mother talked about how they used that water as a means of refrigeration during the summer. It was the best tasting water I know even though it was rather hard water.

My grandparents had a flowing well on their farm. They tapped into it somehow and brought the pipe to a central location on the property. My mother talked about how they used that water as a means of refrigeration during the summer. It was the best tasting water I know even though it was rather hard water.
There is an artesian well in a cove a few miles from me and it is very good tasting water .

That is a good idea and one I have checked into. I plan to build my own filter system with two 5 gallon buckets. Amazon has bunch of good filters for around 40 bucks a pop. The fileters has an outlet fitting on it with rubber washers and all sso I'll drill a hole just big enough to install the filter into the bottom of one bucket and just sit it on top of the empty bucket and pour water into the bucket and it gravity drains and filters it.

I think we can probably expect a worldwide blackout at some point. I have a freshwater creek about 200 yards from my house. Five gallons at a time. Low tech, lol.

I left two of those filters in my cart at amazon right now, lol. Next payday maybe. We're getting very very close I believe.
Not plastic buckets I hope . Stainless steel would be my choice .

County water ,city water that uses it treats it.there is a test well that has 30 psi and I have drank from it .sulfur water yes but those make great sun tea

Those food grade buckets wasnt cheap either, they're like 8 bucks apiece! That setup would not be water storage after filtering 5 gallons of water it can be poured off into glass or something. Or the coffee pot, Lol!

I was interested in water barrels but they want about 100 bucks a piece for them so they have to keep those. Luckily, I have a nice running little creek real close. I've been buying jugs of distilled water and stacking them up. Distilled water is the best because when water is distilled it turns into a vapor and afterward condenses back into a liqued. And no impurities live through the vapor trail. Everything is left behind.

Those food grade buckets wasnt cheap either, they're like 8 bucks apiece! That setup would not be water storage after filtering 5 gallons of water it can be poured off into glass or something. Or the coffee pot, Lol!
Coffee and green tea that is me ! :coffee
I was interested in water barrels but they want about 100 bucks a piece for them so they have to keep those.
That is pricey ! :thud

Chlorine in water is a volatile gas, if you fill a pitcher of water of 4 liters and leave it open on a counter for 1 hour, the chlorine will be gone. no need for filters for chlorine. some residual taste may be present but the excess chlorine will have dissipated. so you know, i am a retired chemist.

Note: i also add in 4 liters, of water the juice of a half lemon and add the rind, i keep it in the fridge for one day only. tastes fresh and adds health bebefits.

cheers

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back