Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Does anyone watch LA Ink / Miami Ink?

farouk

So does anyone watch LA Ink or Miami Ink?

There are some extremely talented ppl doing the designs, anyway, don't you think.

Seems like there is a lot of potential out there for tasteful designs which some ppl might like to adopt for witness purposes, anyway.

(Seeing as to some extent the barriers to ppl getting inked have come down.)

I know that it will always be a no-no for some ppl, though.

(Yes, this is right; this is a far better place for this thread, with the reviews, etc.

I should have put it here in the first place.)

I have seen both! I am a big fan of Kat. I was in Miami last summer and stopped by the Miami Ink shop. Unfortunately, they were filming something special and I was UNable to go in and meet the guys! They had the sidewalk cluttered with set things like lights and boxes and mics. They also had a food service table inside that looked delicious :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen both! I am a big fan of Kat. I was in Miami last summer and stopped by the Miami Ink shop. Unfortunately, they were filming something special and I was able to go in and meet the guys! They had the sidewalk cluttered with set things like lights and boxes and mics. They also had a food service table inside that looked delicious :D

theLords:

Yes, some of their artwork is just amazing, isn't it?

(Seems, too, that they have a specialty in sleeves, that look really feminine and pretty; the sleeve thing used to be regarded as a male thing more.)

I kind of wonder about the potential for tattoos as witness tools, if the design is faith related.

Yes, they most definitely are artist!

My advice when it comes to faith related tattoos: PRAY

Before embracing something that will be on your body pray, pray, pray. I would say you should pray about it for a few years (1 year minimum at least)

Just my :twocents

I have seen both! I am a big fan of Kat. I was in Miami last summer and stopped by the Miami Ink shop. Unfortunately, they were filming something special and I was UNable to go in and meet the guys! They had the sidewalk cluttered with set things like lights and boxes and mics. They also had a food service table inside that looked delicious :D

and you missed the large hebrew community there as well as north miami beach has a large hebrew population.

btw i live a few hours north of miami,florida and my dad is from there.

i have watched miami ink in the past, tats arent my thing.

Yes, they most definitely are artist!

My advice when it comes to faith related tattoos: PRAY

Before embracing something that will be on your body pray, pray, pray. I would say you should pray about it for a few years (1 year minimum at least)

Just my :twocents

theLords:

Thnx.

Okay so I gather that you've definitely decided that, though you're a big fan of Kat like you said, you won't be going under the needle, faith design or not.

theLords:

Thnx.

Okay so I gather that you've definitely decided that, though you're a big fan of Kat like you said, you won't be going under the needle, faith design or not.

All I'm going to say my dear, is that this is entirely between you and God. I am not going to influence you one way or another. Seek the Lord's heart on the matter, don't give up, and He will give you an answer!

and you missed the large hebrew community there as well as north miami beach has a large hebrew population.

btw i live a few hours north of miami,florida and my dad is from there.

i have watched miami ink in the past, tats arent my thing.

jasoncran:

Well, tattoos aren't for everyone. But I'm sure that it's not just ppl with tattoos who watch LA / Miami Ink.

The aspect that I wonder about the potential for is the way faith related designs may help ppl to get talking about faith with others.

All I'm going to say my dear, is that this is entirely between you and God. I am not going to influence you one way or another. Seek the Lord's heart on the matter, don't give up, and He will give you an answer!

BTW, theLords: did you happen to have a chance to talk to Kat about her work? if you did, I guess you were privileged indeed...:)

BTW, theLords: did you happen to have a chance to talk to Kat about her work? if you did, I guess you were privileged indeed...:)

That was a typo, I went back and changed it to "I was unable" to go into the shop because they were doing something special inside.

Too bad huh? I'll have to try again next time.

That was a typo, I went back and changed it to "I was unable" to go into the shop because they were doing something special inside.

Too bad huh? I'll have to try again next time.

theLords:

Oh, too bad, like you say...

So do you find it interesting to visit tattoo shops, from time to time?
Many also offer piercing as a service, but it's the artwork that is sometimes just outstanding.

theLords:

Oh, too bad, like you say...

So do you find it interesting to visit tattoo shops, from time to time?
Many also offer piercing as a service, but it's the artwork that is sometimes just outstanding.

LOL, no I don't have the habit of visiting tattoo parlors!

You see the Miami Ink tattoo shop is located a few blocks away from a very well known outdoor mall. We had to pass by the shop on our way to the mall area.

LOL, no I don't have the habit of visiting tattoo parlors!

You see the Miami Ink tattoo shop is located a few blocks away from a very well known outdoor mall. We had to pass by the shop on our way to the mall area.

theLords:

Oh well, anyway, I see; I know that some ppl, although they might very much appreciate the artwork do find the idea a teeny bit...embarrassing, unless this is not the right word, to visit tattoo parlors, don't they?

I guess others would say, if you do like the artwork, go take a look anyway; tattooists are too professional to do a 'hard sell' on customers.

jasoncran:

Well, tattoos aren't for everyone. But I'm sure that it's not just ppl with tattoos who watch LA / Miami Ink.

The aspect that I wonder about the potential for is the way faith related designs may help ppl to get talking about faith with others.

i wary of tats as well i have friend that have them and are well 50plus and had them since thier twenties.

you cant even make them out and these are often simple things,that and you cant give blood for six months after the fact. and i cant give if i wanted too.

i wary of tats as well i have friend that have them and are well 50plus and had them since thier twenties.

you cant even make them out and these are often simple things,that and you cant give blood for six months after the fact. and i cant give if i wanted too.

jasoncran:

Yes, I see what you mean and I guess it all depends to some extent on how strongly the person wants one, too.

Re. ppl aged in their 50s that you mentioned, there are also some ppl who reach their 40s and 50s and decide to get their first tattoo at that age, e.g., mother goes with daughter for their firsts.

So it all depends on the person and the strength of their motives, although for some ppl the faith related design potential motive is very strong, too.

theLords:

Oh well, anyway, I see; I know that some ppl, although they might very much appreciate the artwork do find the idea a teeny bit...embarrassing, unless this is not the right word, to visit tattoo parlors, don't they?

I guess others would say, if you do like the artwork, go take a look anyway; tattooists are too professional to do a 'hard sell' on customers.

That's not why I was laughing, lol. I'm just a girly girl and you painted a picture of me walking into a tattoo shop and it made me laugh as I thought of my girly girl self casually visiting a place like this as if it was the norm.

reese.jpeg

dmas_wail000009_540h450w.jpg

Go to the store and buy eggs: check
Get gas: check
Go to a seedy tattoo parlor and visit: ...

Does that make better sense. It was just a funny picture I had in my head that made me laugh! :lol

That's not why I was laughing, lol. I'm just a girly girl and you painted a picture of me walking into a tattoo shop and it made me laugh as I thought of my girly girl self casually visiting a place like this as if it was the norm.

reese.jpeg

dmas_wail000009_540h450w.jpg

Go to the store and buy eggs: check
Get gas: check
Go to a seedy tattoo parlor and visit: ...

Does that make better sense. It was just a funny picture I had in my head that made me laugh! :lol

theLords:

LOL :) Cool photos....

Actually, though I guess some tattoo parlors might have had the reputation of being 'seedy', like you say, yet many of them nowadays are quite open, clean places that are welcoming to clients or to ppl simply wanting info.

But you must know whether you would be interested in checking out the artwork in your local one, though, and if you don't want to go there on your own, you could always go with a friend, or else do what many younger ladies are doing when they go: take mom with you to the parlor. :)

(But I liked the photos... The first one shows a nice outfit, and I guess the photo of the guy with all the earrings - do you like them? - would also fit in the thread about piercing.)

Back