Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Colossians 2:16 abolish the Fourth Commandment?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It is the faulty upbringing that didn't snuff out the tendencies that over time became a child's nature.
If you don't "lay down the law" with that baby now, you will be at the mercy of her temper until you die.
Make her learn now that raging and fuming glean nothing but your ignoring of her.
The allergic reaction to alcohol may be inherited, but the over drinking isn't. (Been there myself)
It is a learned behavior.
She has been like that since she was born. I was born with the alcoholic gene. You haven't even begun to explain that away.

I agree that she must learn to turn over he temper to her heavenly father and we are already teaching her that through singing her kids songs about Jesus and showing her videos of gospel music from you tube. It is only through partaking of the divine nature, as Peter says, that we can escape the corruption of this world through lust. She loves those gospel music videos. There are a couple of quartets she really likes. The Living Stones and the Redeemed quartets. She will get so excited to see them that she will bounce up and down in her walker and bounce back and forth from side to side with a huge grin on her face all the time.

She has been like that since she was born. I was born with the alcoholic gene. You haven't even begun to explain that away.
Don't ever let her tantrums change your actions towards her.
She will eventually learn that tantrums are a waste of her time.

If anything is genetic it is a low tolerance to alcohol.
The cure...don't ever drink. (I will bill you for medical consultation services later) LOL
I agree that she must learn to turn over he temper to her heavenly father and we are already teaching her that through singing her kids songs about Jesus and showing her videos of gospel music from you tube. It is only through partaking of the divine nature, as Peter says, that we can escape the corruption of this world through lust. She loves those gospel music videos. There are a couple of quartets she really likes. The Living Stones and the Redeemed quartets. She will get so excited to see them that she will bounce up and down in her walker and bounce back and forth from side to side with a huge grin on her face all the time.
When she realizes the tantrums get her nothing, she will try a new, perhaps better, tactic to get her own way.
Provide those tactics for her to see, in your interactions with others who you would have gotten mad at before your conversion to the Light.

Don't ever let her tantrums change your actions towards her.
She will eventually learn that tantrums are a waste of her time.

If anything is genetic it is a low tolerance to alcohol.
The cure...don't ever drink. (I will bill you for medical consultation services later) LOL

When she realizes the tantrums get her nothing, she will try a new, perhaps better, tactic to get her own way.
Provide those tactics for her to see, in your interactions with others who you would have gotten mad at before your conversion to the Light.
Well, I will leave you to your own beliefs on this. I fully disagree but things will just have to stay the way they are.

Just before Thanksgiving last year one of my wife's grand daughters was murdered. We inherited a a baby girl from this tragedy. She just turned 7 months old. She's a sweet baby.
Praying for your family raising the little one :pray .
but like all baby's is very selfish and demanding. Why are all babies like this?
I believe it is a necessary requirement this selfishness that babies have and they will grow out of it if by example they are taught to do better :) . They learn quick .

She just won the battle of wills.
I'm sorry, that just makes me chuckle. Because I kept my word and said one last question as I see no reason for fruitless arguing with you means I'm a pushover?

You don't know me in the least. I'm Finnish and we make German's look like pliable pansies.

Not with me.
Her.

I think I have read that line in another forum.
If you're interested read the stories of the Russo Finnish was in the winter of 1939-1940. What the Finnish army did against the Russian army. They were out manned, out gunned, and had no support from any country in the world.

The Russians lost 300,000 men killed and the Finns lost 65,000.

I met a Lithuanian man in the 80s who had fought in WW2. He said the Finns were so mean their allies didn't want to fight next to them as they would go out at night and kill the enemy sentries by slitting their throats. When they ran out of enemy sentries they would get bored and start slitting the throats of their allies.

Yeah we are very stubborn, but I've also never met a dumb Finn.

If you're interested read the stories of the Russo Finnish was in the winter of 1939-1940. What the Finnish army did against the Russian army. They were out manned, out gunned, and had no support from any country in the world.

The Russians lost 300,000 men killed and the Finns lost 65,000.

I met a Lithuanian man in the 80s who had fought in WW2. He said the Finns were so mean their allies didn't want to fight next to them as they would go out at night and kill the enemy sentries by slitting their throats. When they ran out of enemy sentries they would get bored and start slitting the throats of their allies.

Yeah we are very stubborn, but I've also never met a dumb Finn.
OK, thanks for the info'.

There was no Christ until Christ was born of a woman.

They were written on tablets of stone.

Thanks be to God, we can be dead with Jesus and free from the Law.
All the Law and the prophets are summarized with..."Love God with all your heart, soul, and mind...and love your neighbor as you love yourself."

If we are subject to circumcision, (what Paul was actually confronted with), we are also subject to sabbath day observances and every other precept that has been deemed ineffective at producing salvation.
But we are subject to none of it.

I will treat every day as the Lord's day.
Give me evidence from scripture that says the laws Moses transcribed were kept under the mercy seat.

Hebrews 9: 3 and after the second vail a tabernacle that is called 'Holy of holies,'
4 having a golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid all round about with gold, in which [is] the golden pot having the manna, and the rod of Aaron that budded, and the tables of the covenant,
5 and over it cherubim of the glory, overshadowing the mercy-seat, concerning which we are not now to speak particularly.

Give me evidence from scripture that says the laws Moses transcribed were kept under the mercy seat.

Hebrews 9: 3 and after the second vail a tabernacle that is called 'Holy of holies,'
4 having a golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid all round about with gold, in which [is] the golden pot having the manna, and the rod of Aaron that budded, and the tables of the covenant,
5 and over it cherubim of the glory, overshadowing the mercy-seat, concerning which we are not now to speak particularly.
I can't, as it never happened.

I can't, as it never happened.
Really?

Exodus 25: 19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
:

Really?

Exodus 25: 19 And make one cherub on the one end, and the other cherub on the other end: even of the mercy seat shall ye make the cherubims on the two ends thereof.
20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be.
21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.
:
The ten initial commandments were put in the ark.
I don't know where the laws Moses wrote were kept.

The ten initial commandments were put in the ark.
I don't know where the laws Moses wrote were kept.
You do notice that God instructed Moses to put only certain items in the ark? A pot of manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the two tablets of stone. The Bible is not silent on where Moses put the laws of blessing cursing. In a pocket built onto the side of the ark. Meaning they were not covered by God's mercy. It may be silent on where the Mosaic laws were stored but we know they were not under the mercy seat.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back