Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Growth Does God believe in revenge?

gerbilwoman

I used the Lord's name in vain (oops) and now it seems bad things are happening to me. Is this related? Is God punishing me?

God personally doesn't get involved with revenge.

But the whole Universe does things like get revenge against all unholy behavior.

The Universe doesn't forgive. Even if you ask. God will, mankind might, but the world never forgives.

I used the Lord's name in vain (oops) and now it seems bad things are happening to me. Is this related? Is God punishing me?

You don't take his name in vain for your protection (If power working in you) Not because God gets honked off about it.

If I am running late for work and the car won't start, then I say "You God Damn Car, piece of sh$t." That is taking the power of the Lord's name to destroy my car. If I don't fully expect my car to be destroyed, then I used His name in a meaningless way, without thought to the power of His name. That is using His name in vain. (Plus I don't really want my car destroyed)

If I run into a Adult book store on my block, and I walk up to it and say "Be Damned in the name of Jesus" then I am fully expecting all prosperity of that Adult bookstore to be cut off, with the Power and authority of the name of Jesus, fully using His name to carry out the closing of that Adult book store.

We are to honor His name, and if we use His name we fully expect something to happen and change. Using his name frivolously, not expecting something or using it as if it means nothing is taking His name in Vain.

Whatever the case, tell God oops, Sorry, and all good. Whom much is given, much is required, your fine.

Mike.

I will repay,this is the day of vengeance. That's the bible,and the later is for isreal.it happened.yes God only avenges.vengeance is mine saith the Lord

God revengeful? Nope God Sent His Son to die in our place that aint revenge... bet your feeling guilty so ya keep messing up.. Lord Jesus i missed used Your name in vain forgive me and i accept that forgivenness. :)

No, he doesn't take revenge on those he loves. He will discipline you though, as a good parent does!

Hebrews 12:5-6 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."

Sometimes 'bad things' is not a punishment, perhaps a good reminder. Like a child did something wrong, parents scolded a few words,or hit a few,can we say parents do not love this child yet? Parents do not want their child to walk the wrong way and hope that the child to correct the error.

When I was a little child,I was afraid to go to hospital.But when I am growing up,I will go to hospital when i am unhealthy.Facing the same thing I have two different attitudes because I know that is good for me.The same to the 'bad things',it is not 'bad' when we got some benefits.So,in my opinion, judging one thing is good or bad is decided by whether you get benefits from it.

I think, God is there such a heart. After all, We still enjoy the food, air, water and so on that God has given to us and we still live in this world. If God is punishing human only, how could led the Israelites out of Egypt, into the land of Canaan; How could went to the cross.I think given to people more is love, neither punishing, nor revenging.

Last edited:

Is God punishing you? No. That's not how God deals with our sins.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1Jo 1:9 kjv))

Back