Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Does God Live in Heaven?

When i met Jesus i knew then as i do now everything he says is the truth. When he says this from Isaiah i believe him..

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

If in our finite minds we don't understand how that works then we go to him and ask him to explain it. How many of you have been there?

tob

Col 1:27~~to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

1 Co 3:16~~Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?........He is in us.

2 Co 2:17~~For we are not like many, peddling the word of God, but as from sincerity, but as from God, we speak in Christ in the sight of God......He is around us.

Deu 23:14~~"Since the LORD your God walks in the midst of your camp to deliver you and to defeat your enemies before you, therefore your camp must be holy; and He must not see anything indecent among you or He will turn away from you........He is not stationary.

God (as "God") exists outside the universe. He can manifest himself inside the universe at will. This is how we avoid logical, scientific, and philosophical traps.

So the Lord can dwell inside us as the Spirit (or dwell around us), and at the same time still be God outside the universe, and still be Jesus in the flesh. So technically speaking, the Holy Spirit could be dwelling in the disciples of Christ as he is speaking to them! God can be a lot of things at the same time if he so chose.

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God." -Revelation 21:1-3

Heaven is whatever is outside the Earth. I say that space is heaven. It could also be whatever is outside the universe, but that doesn't make quite as much sense to me. When the Lord returns, there will be a new heaven and a new Earth. Whatever that means.

Back