Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God really want me to live in a neglecting marriage?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Miaaa

I don't have a therapist... She retired but I had a few good years with her. She helped me remember that faith will give me strength to persevere.
I married a man who already had children and had a nasty mean ex wife (I know... not a wise choice) when I was 27 yo. I understood that it might be complicated and difficult at times but I determined he was worth it. Having come from a very abusive marriage previously (his therapist diagnosed my ex husband as a Narcissist), I was surprised to meet a man that loved God, discussed God and a life together with me with Christ being the center. We discussed putting our marriage first and in parenting so the children would be witness and see us thrive as a Godly and strong couple. And all was nice until shortly after we were married and I became pregnant with our first of three children together.
His ex wife created battles in court with him for several years beyond our marriage and of course this was stressful. His boys stayed with us from Thursday night to Monday morning every week.
When I was around 3 months pregnant, I began to fear becoming responsible for another life.. our unborn child. I asked my husband for a weekend without his children so we could have some alone time without responsibilities but he decided against it since he was battling his ex in court. I didn't realize at the time that his denial was the beginning of 10 years of my needs neglected.
I loved his boys but I needed some time to settle into being a stepmother, no weekends without children before I became a full time mother myself and to be a wife. Each time I asked for time away or a trip for just the two of us, it was rejected as a result of his boys... missing time with them. Personally and probably controversial, I think requesting a weekend without his kids or a quick trip without them isn't too much to ask.
I became bitter, angry and depressed by feeling stuck with someone who didn't pay mind to my requests. There seemed to always be an excuse. By year 7, he began to tell me that my anger and resentment didn't make sense and I had a problem. So... I found a therapist. She let me talk... telling her all this and more. In talking, I knew what was happening and I knew I needed to stand up for myself.
My husband promised he would make changes and correct our family dynamic but... it's been 3 more years and nothing has changed. I am not a priority for him and it's been difficult to watch him treat everyone (clients and children) as priorities over me. I am tired, I am angry, I am sad.. our children together have been seeing a sad and angry mother.
A hired female project manager gave him a hand made birthday card, compliments, giggles, homemade cupcakes and filled the office refrigerator with his favorite beer. I told him she's interested in him and it became inappropriate and he laughed. She appeared at the restaurant she knows he loves during lunch hour and he didn't tell me. I went to our office and sat next to her after they had lunch that day and she mentioned it. He called me and asked to speak in private so I left our office and went down stairs where he nonchalantly told me that she showed up to lunch - uninvited. I was angry that all the time since lunch with her happened, I wasn't told about it. I felt like such a fool that she went to lunch with my husband and sat next to me in our office and ... essentially kept a secret. I felt betrayed by my husband for not telling her that it was inappropriate for her to be there with him and/or call/text me to invite me. He said that he felt uncomfortable with her there so he took phone calls and was busy and ate standing. He told me that he waited to call me because he was in shock. He told me he just paid and left right away .. that he hadn't talked to her since.
Three days later, I saw they were private texting... where she thanked him for lunch moments after and he immediately said, "no problem, anytime." DEVASTATING for me,
He has a friend that hates being home with his family, not Christian and really hates his wife. They work on cars together and drink and when they are together, he forgets about me completely. He's missed out dates, gotten drunk with him and doesn't answer my calls.
He drinks alcohol a lot. 2 double margaritas at lunch, 4 double margaritas with dinner and then wine afterward. He has become increasingly stressful and anxious that it is energy sucking to be around and listen to him speak about everything. I can't stand that he talks to his now 16 year old boy like he's his friend and makes sexual and perverted jokes. They joke, make fun of people, mocking the kid movies or shows our littles watch. It ruins the whole parenting experience for me with our littles... I don't get the chance to enjoy the innocence of our littles as we raise them - with their criticism and rude comments about everything. His oldest doesn't get consequences for saying bad things to the littles or being disrespectful. My husband and his oldest have mocked me, looked at each other and shook their heads at me.
It's unfair for our children to learn that our marriage and family dynamic is normal or acceptable and I want to separate. I feel like I can't breathe around him. Like I am trapped and I just want to escape. It's painful for me to continue or separate. My mother kept my sister and I in an unhealthy and abusive home and I've never understood why. I learned that marriage is normally abusive and I believe that's why I married my first husband. It was painful but he told me he loved me - just like growing up.
I guess it doesn't matter if people think I should stay or go. I really wanted to write this to vent and know it's no longer my secret.

Last edited:
You are between a rock and a hard place, especially with his kids, and you and both your kids. You and he need to sit down and talk in privacy of the kids and you have to ask him why did he leave the love he had for God and the love he first had for you and why has he become the man he is now. If he will go the both of you need to see a good Christian counselor. If he refuses then I would take your kids and leave him for awhile and then see how he wants to work that out not having you and both your kids there anymore. Sometimes separation can be a good thing to get away from the toxic environment for you and the kids as without you and the kids there he might realize what he had is no longer there as in the saying "I didn't know what I had until I lost it." Give it some time to see what he does as you and your little ones do not need this mental abuse. I know mental and physical abuse from my two ex's and God does not want us to stay in that. Divorce is only the last option, not the first.

I can point you to mark chapter 9:47. Jesus is talking about someone or something that would cause person to be par takers of sins. I'm not judging anyone. Your situation isnt Compadable, and your spiritual growth is being impeded. This person is toxic, and will drag you down with him. Colossians 1:9. For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spirtual understanding. You must love God more than your family. Yes, you love your family. But love Jesus more. Your on a pedestal, and can't have it both ways. 1:10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Jesus needs person who will commit 100 percent to His Will. Theirs lost souls in the world headed for hell. And if person is willing to study the bible and plant seeds for God, share truth with others. God wants productive servants to produce Fruit. Is this making sense to you??. I know as parent you have responsibility for your family. But you have decision to make. Is Jesus more important, or your family. You can't be friends with the world and FRIEND with Jesus at the same time. Luke 9:61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow Thee; let me first go bid them fare well, which are at home at my house. Is Jesus going to let this person off the hook? Excuses being made why I cant serve God. Were are my priorities??. 9:62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. It's those who do will of God that will enter kingdom of God. And repentance of sins to God. Your at junction in your life to make a decision. I moved away from narcissist 6 years ago. I went through emotional and psychological abuse for several years. I now have peace of mind. I made my decision. Your looking back, and your spiritual growth is Stagnant !!. Jesus has plenty room in His kingdom. What are you waiting for??.

I don't have a therapist... She retired but I had a few good years with her. She helped me remember that faith will give me strength to persevere.
I married a man who already had children and had a nasty mean ex wife (I know... not a wise choice) when I was 27 yo. I understood that it might be complicated and difficult at times but I determined he was worth it. Having come from a very abusive marriage previously (his therapist diagnosed my ex husband as a Narcissist), I was surprised to meet a man that loved God, discussed God and a life together with me with Christ being the center. We discussed putting our marriage first and in parenting so the children would be witness and see us thrive as a Godly and strong couple. And all was nice until shortly after we were married and I became pregnant with our first of three children together.
His ex wife created battles in court with him for several years beyond our marriage and of course this was stressful. His boys stayed with us from Thursday night to Monday morning every week.
When I was around 3 months pregnant, I began to fear becoming responsible for another life.. our unborn child. I asked my husband for a weekend without his children so we could have some alone time without responsibilities but he decided against it since he was battling his ex in court. I didn't realize at the time that his denial was the beginning of 10 years of my needs neglected.
I loved his boys but I needed some time to settle into being a stepmother, no weekends without children before I became a full time mother myself and to be a wife. Each time I asked for time away or a trip for just the two of us, it was rejected as a result of his boys... missing time with them. Personally and probably controversial, I think requesting a weekend without his kids or a quick trip without them isn't too much to ask.
I became bitter, angry and depressed by feeling stuck with someone who didn't pay mind to my requests. There seemed to always be an excuse. By year 7, he began to tell me that my anger and resentment didn't make sense and I had a problem. So... I found a therapist. She let me talk... telling her all this and more. In talking, I knew what was happening and I knew I needed to stand up for myself.
My husband promised he would make changes and correct our family dynamic but... it's been 3 more years and nothing has changed. I am not a priority for him and it's been difficult to watch him treat everyone (clients and children) as priorities over me. I am tired, I am angry, I am sad.. our children together have been seeing a sad and angry mother.
A hired female project manager gave him a hand made birthday card, compliments, giggles, homemade cupcakes and filled the office refrigerator with his favorite beer. I told him she's interested in him and it became inappropriate and he laughed. She appeared at the restaurant she knows he loves during lunch hour and he didn't tell me. I went to our office and sat next to her after they had lunch that day and she mentioned it. He called me and asked to speak in private so I left our office and went down stairs where he nonchalantly told me that she showed up to lunch - uninvited. I was angry that all the time since lunch with her happened, I wasn't told about it. I felt like such a fool that she went to lunch with my husband and sat next to me in our office and ... essentially kept a secret. I felt betrayed by my husband for not telling her that it was inappropriate for her to be there with him and/or call/text me to invite me. He said that he felt uncomfortable with her there so he took phone calls and was busy and ate standing. He told me that he waited to call me because he was in shock. He told me he just paid and left right away .. that he hadn't talked to her since.
Three days later, I saw they were private texting... where she thanked him for lunch moments after and he immediately said, "no problem, anytime." DEVASTATING for me,
He has a friend that hates being home with his family, not Christian and really hates his wife. They work on cars together and drink and when they are together, he forgets about me completely. He's missed out dates, gotten drunk with him and doesn't answer my calls.
He drinks alcohol a lot. 2 double margaritas at lunch, 4 double margaritas with dinner and then wine afterward. He has become increasingly stressful and anxious that it is energy sucking to be around and listen to him speak about everything. I can't stand that he talks to his now 16 year old boy like he's his friend and makes sexual and perverted jokes. They joke, make fun of people, mocking the kid movies or shows our littles watch. It ruins the whole parenting experience for me with our littles... I don't get the chance to enjoy the innocence of our littles as we raise them - with their criticism and rude comments about everything. His oldest doesn't get consequences for saying bad things to the littles or being disrespectful. My husband and his oldest have mocked me, looked at each other and shook their heads at me.
It's unfair for our children to learn that our marriage and family dynamic is normal or acceptable and I want to separate. I feel like I can't breathe around him. Like I am trapped and I just want to escape. It's painful for me to continue or separate. My mother kept my sister and I in an unhealthy and abusive home and I've never understood why. I learned that marriage is normally abusive and I believe that's why I married my first husband. It was painful but he told me he loved me - just like growing up.
I guess it doesn't matter if people think I should stay or go. I really wanted to write this to vent and know it's no longer my secret.
I left post for you. Its documentation from the bible, and wisdom of Jesus. Just scroll down to the bottom, if you care to read it??.

You are between a rock and a hard place, especially with his kids, and you and both your kids. You and he need to sit down and talk in privacy of the kids and you have to ask him why did he leave the love he had for God and the love he first had for you and why has he become the man he is now. If he will go the both of you need to see a good Christian counselor. If he refuses then I would take your kids and leave him for awhile and then see how he wants to work that out not having you and both your kids there anymore. Sometimes separation can be a good thing to get away from the toxic environment for you and the kids as without you and the kids there he might realize what he had is no longer there as in the saying "I didn't know what I had until I lost it." Give it some time to see what he does as you and your little ones do not need this mental abuse. I know mental and physical abuse from my two ex's and God does not want us to stay in that. Divorce is only the last option, not the first.
Thank you for you comment - your message 100% resonates with me.

I left post for you. Its documentation from the bible, and wisdom of Jesus. Just scroll down to the bottom, if you care to read it??.
I can point you to mark chapter 9:47. Jesus is talking about someone or something that would cause person to be par takers of sins. I'm not judging anyone. Your situation isnt Compadable, and your spiritual growth is being impeded. This person is toxic, and will drag you down with him. Colossians 1:9. For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spirtual understanding. You must love God more than your family. Yes, you love your family. But love Jesus more. Your on a pedestal, and can't have it both ways. 1:10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Jesus needs person who will commit 100 percent to His Will. Theirs lost souls in the world headed for hell. And if person is willing to study the bible and plant seeds for God, share truth with others. God wants productive servants to produce Fruit. Is this making sense to you??. I know as parent you have responsibility for your family. But you have decision to make. Is Jesus more important, or your family. You can't be friends with the world and FRIEND with Jesus at the same time. Luke 9:61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow Thee; let me first go bid them fare well, which are at home at my house. Is Jesus going to let this person off the hook? Excuses being made why I cant serve God. Were are my priorities??. 9:62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. It's those who do will of God that will enter kingdom of God. And repentance of sins to God. Your at junction in your life to make a decision. I moved away from narcissist 6 years ago. I went through emotional and psychological abuse for several years. I now have peace of mind. I made my decision. Your looking back, and your spiritual growth is Stagnant !!. Jesus has plenty room in His kingdom. What are you waiting for??.
The family dynamic my children and I are in is hindering my spiritual growth and probably theirs. I have a choice to live in a "war zone" so to speak and allow my children to live in fear but I cannot and will not. I am reading your message explaining to me that I need to choose between my family (do you mean my children) and serving Jesus....I know I'm serving Jesus by protecting my children from the fear, stress and learning that abuse is acceptable in a family. By leaving, I know they will see strength, protection and a their mother's faith grow. I hope I read your message the way it was intended. Thank you for your time spent.

Back