Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Does Science compliment Christianity?

• Thread starter Nocturnal_Principal_X
  • Start date

Does Science compliment Christianity?

• Yes, Science compliments Christianity a lot of the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
N

Nocturnal_Principal_X

Do you think Science compliments Christianity or does it work against it?

I believe that Science compliments Christianity and in some ways has even backed up some, if not all, that is in the Bible. Scienice I believe has its limits and will never fully prove God or fully disprove God but Science can help Christians to be better Witnesses and do God's will.

I think it depends on what kind of Christian you are.

There are YECs, theistic evolutionists, etc.

Depending on one's beliefs (and there are a wide variety of them within the christianity) then the conflicts can run from mimimal to overwhelming.

Basically, it depends on how literal you believe the bible to be.

I can't vote--I believe that sometimes science does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Brutus and Evanman,

I have changed the voting options...can you vote now...or should I revise it more?

Eh, I don't think science (in general) really helps or hurts Christianity...

Haha I've been reading physics books (real physics, not pop-science bull) since I was 13, and I still don't see anything that confirms God. So, if you don't have any examples to back up your statements, don't make them.

I'll make them if I care to, this is not a debate. Come down off your highhorse(just a suggestion), and do your own *unbiased* research, if that is possible. I do not have large amounts of time for debates(fruitless disscussions for people to disagree an dthrow insults.)

If you want a debate, why not ask Blue-Lightning if he is interested?

I've only recently stopped believe in God. A few years ago when I was researching physics I believed in God and still didn't see any proof for him in it. I'm not here for a debate either, I just want to know of specific examples of physics that prove the existence of God, as you obviously have proof.

I find it very hard to believe you are not here to debate, keebs. A person here to discuss does not throw around insults as often as you do.

I don't think I can help you then, suppose we were debating eachother. You wouldn't accept evidence of Biblical support through science, or strong evidence of God through physics. Likewise, I would not agree with your conclusions that God's existance is not confirmable through physics. If you want to have evidence of God through physics, then perhaps you could ask Blue Lightning, He knows it better than anyone else I have seen. I have only recently started consistenly studying physics(a few months ago.) I'm still a physics newbie.

Keebs, I have proof you did.

keebs said:
Your ignorance of science is starting to irritate me.

I think it's pretty clear you insulted me. I have other examples as well. How about you just admit to it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back