Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] -doing- better...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
mental health labels/"diagnoses" aside...

God -is- Good. My parents are, in fact, amazing (hard working, long suffering, moral and upright) people. and me?

At 37, I'm labeled with "Schizophrenia." Its...a long, long story. Basically...the core "symptoms" one associates with "Schizophrenia" aren't really a big part of my life, now. Sometimes, I over-analyze, so I see patterns that maybe (?) others might not see, but...I've always been analytical, with a tendency to over-analyze and rehash and look for patterns, meaning, connections. That pre-dates all psych stuff.

so, yeah...voices, paranoia, significant agitation...not big issues, thank goodness. Thank -God- , really. and...

down to -2- daily meds. neither at a high dose, neither is a controlled and/or potentially dependence-causing drug. I have an as-needed, low dose sedative (again, not addictive or anything) that I can take when and if needed. and...

yeah. yeah. "the miracle meds" are...not so miraculous, obviously. -but- with Jesus bringing true deliverance to my family and me...

-shrug- the "atypical antipsychotic" (read: newer, less toxic, easier to tolerate tranquilizer at a reasonable dosage) and "mood stabilizer" (in my case, an anti-seizure drug that helps reduce the frequency and severity and downturns into bad depression, and also helps keep agitation under control) do...well, their job, which overall seems to be: stay calm(er), don't do deep dives into a past The Lord has seen fit to throw into the sea of forgetfulness, and...above all else: take up the plow and push forward. getting there...

so, yeah. went on an outing with mama. Jesus at work...she's unbelievably, genuinely kind to me. not guilt, not lingering sense of parental obligation...I think she a) really, truly cares both -for- and -about- me and b) our relationship, now, is 10x better than before I got saved and even when I was a kid or teenager. and...

the outing was a-OK. not "intense," but even 1 year ago, I'd be in my place, processing it, and...yeah. not to judge who I was then, where I was then, but...

I am thankful that, by His grace, I am not that person now...and I'm not in that mental/emo/developmental place now, either. :)

I will say that -now- that The Lord has seen fit to make me -physically healthy- and brought soteria - style deliverance as part of His (merciful, loving, kind) work in my parents' lives and my life...

-shrug- in -my own case- , there are worse things than being labeled as "Schizophrenic." I'm kind of hoping...not quite praying, but hoping...that being labeled as "Schizophrenic" with the other factors in my situation (strong parental support, adequate social skills and intelligence to -not- need to be out of society, no drugs or drink, etc.), will kind of make me...

socially invisible, more or less. I never was really a member of this or any other community. My psych records from way back when (going on -20 years- of psych labels and "treatments," blah blah blah) are full of lies and inaccuracies. Multiple former "treatment providers" have been reprimanded. some are no longer licensed. is it...real, this "(severe) mental illness" thing? -shrug- I'll say (write) this: as my need for the "miracle meds" decreases, and my new life in Christ takes form...

-some- people seem to be ever more convinced that "he needs to be in the State Hospital!," etc. I think its "the way the world works..."

Jesus blessed my parents and me, some people on the broad road want to rip me (and probably my parents, too) to shreds, all over again. ugh. happens.

but, yeah. thanks for reading. replies, prayers, all that...always, always, always -greatly appreciated- :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back