Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Dr.Karl Payne

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
OK. My cousin recommended a book by this guy, Spiritual Warfare: Christians, Demonization, and Deliverance. So far...

I like it! I didn't have high expectations. I did Teen Challenge, which was wonderful overall, but...they kind of blamed the devil for a whole lot. This book backs everything up with Scripture and real life examples. I'm not too far into it yet (just started last night), but I'm already starting to realize that my own un-forgiveness, anger, and bitterness is holding me back and probably giving el diable and his minions more control over my life than I'd like.

Just thought I'd throw out a book recommendation, lol, and also see if anyone else has read/is reading books by this (remarkably insightful) author.

OK. My cousin recommended a book by this guy, Spiritual Warfare: Christians, Demonization, and Deliverance. So far...

I like it! I didn't have high expectations. I did Teen Challenge, which was wonderful overall, but...they kind of blamed the devil for a whole lot. This book backs everything up with Scripture and real life examples. I'm not too far into it yet (just started last night), but I'm already starting to realize that my own un-forgiveness, anger, and bitterness is holding me back and probably giving el diable and his minions more control over my life than I'd like.

Just thought I'd throw out a book recommendation, lol, and also see if anyone else has read/is reading books by this (remarkably insightful) author.
I haven't read any of his books so I can't help you there. I did an online search and found that he is a pastor of a church and the chaplin for the NFL's Seattle Seahawks. So he is well known and the Dr. before he name is valid, not something he just assigned to himself. or his group assigned to him, or an honorary doctorate that he didn't earn by being educated in his field.
"Meet the Author
Dr. Karl Payne received his Masters of Divinity and Doctorate of Ministry from Western Seminary, Portland. For over 25 years, Payne has trained people through his discipleship and apologetics materials. He serves as the Pastor of Leadership Development at Antioch Bible Church, is the Founder of the Transferrable Cross Training Foundation, and serves as the chaplain for the Seattle Seahawks."
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spiritual-warfare-karl-payne/1102996940?ean=9781936488339

I am not sure about these books and Warfare. Jesus actually already won that for us. I know some books are just plain harmful. I won't name Authors, because Judging and setting out is bad, bad, seed. The books though sounding right on, hurt me because I had no foundation in scriptures, and accepted lots of things as facts from the books.

I have had dealings with devils for a long time. I got news for everyone, you have also and will continue to do so.

My Sister (IN CHRIST) called me from her parents house. I won't mention her name as she is now a professional singer and is part of a Disney production about mermaids.

She tells me on the phone, this spirit is calling her name, things moving around, doors closing, bed covers pulled off. A typical devil thing. She tells me she rebuked this spirit in the name of Jesus several times, and does not know what to do.

I asked her....... Why do you care?

Because it pulled my covers off my bed and bla, bla, bla, bla.

And?

Kenneth Copeland one time was mad at the devil. He had done something to someone, and Kenneth was upset. Kenneth goes to the Lord and asks the Lord what is the best way to hurt the devil. Make it so He has no power to do anything.

The Lord said, "Kenneth, the best way to hurt the devil and shut off his power is to do to him, what you and others do to me."

Kenneth says, "What? What is that Lord?"

The Lord then says, "IGNORE HIM."

The Lord then says, "IGNORE HIM."
lol. I won't get into the implication of the teaching moment but it was a good one that had nothing to do with demons but that I agree with when dealing with them.
I like what Andrew Wommanck says about them. He said if someone actually saw one they would realize what weak, despicable, powerless, little beggars they really are.
They tremble before God, they trembled before the Son of God and the apostles, they should be tremble before us, not us trembling before them.
Yes,ignore them, not give them one second of fame in your life. Banish them in the name of Jesus then ignore them and they will depart. In other words, don't give them a place.

Yes,ignore them, not give them one second of fame in your life. Banish them in the name of Jesus then ignore them and they will depart. In other words, don't give them a place.

Best way to deal with them. If it be thoughts, cast them down comparing to the Word, if it be doors banging in the night, take no thought, let them bang.

Being afraid by what they are doing, or meditating on what they want you to think, is just going to be a big hassle for you down the road.

Being cornered in the shower by 3 inmates with sharp objects and alone, no guards. I figured I might as well go out fighting, but my first words were laughing for some odd reason was.

"Devil, that the best you got? Really?"

Something very strange happened that I can't explain today. All 3 men's eyes got real big and they started to back away, then ran. they had jimmyed their cell so they could wait on me getting a shower after work at the chow hall.

The next morning all 3 were filling tubs to be transferred to a holding cell outside of the wing. Curious I went over to the youngest one and asked him what happened last night. He started screaming at me to stay away and he was yelling for the guards. The guards came and told me to leave them alone.

Have no idea what they saw, or what happened. Would have liked to know though.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back