Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Drug or Medicine?

C: The question was serious.

Alleviation of pain; for skin disorders, etc. AFTER proper controlled and validated testing.

Legalization is changes the perspective in many ways. (I certainly don't advocate illegal drugs or using untested and uncontrolled substances.)

I know it's serious. But Trust the youth.

Perhaps one of the ways to control it is: only doctors can give you that. Only them may treat you...just in front of 'em

Pharmaceutical companies are not experimenting with oral delivery, i.e., smoking, as the side effects of such delivery are more dangerous than regular cigarettes. Marinol is the best they've been able to come up with in 30 years of testing. It ain't that great. Other anti-nausea medications and pain medications are better than marinol. The research is pretty much a dead end already.

The real question is, what are people going to cope with RJ Reynolds and American Tobacco getting into the marijuana business? They thought about it at one time, but the negative publicity caused them to back off. As Washington and Colorado influence other states to perhaps pass a law legalizing it, will the tobacco companies stay out of the mix? Doubtful.

Part of the larger question is, are people with pain issues, skin disorders, etc. going to sit and suffer as they have for years, in the face of an illegality which is becoming a thing of the past in some jurisdictions? One reason why pharmaceutical companies have not done the necessary testing seems to be because of all the huge profits they make through sales of conventional medicine: they are quite content to ally themselves with legislators who give the appearance of being influenced by single issue 'moralists' (whereas often it's the drug corporations that the legislators are actually influenced by). I know this evokes an emotional response, but this does not clarify the issues.

It's a bit like anti-abortion discourse (which I basically agree with, I suppose): some people seem prepared to endure any amount of inaccuracies in anti-abortion discourse because of the emotional response that it evokes.

drugs...medicine...pills...all things made from the chemical components of God's universe can be used for good or evil..it depends upon the appropriation and the distribution.

Back