Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Eager to Criticize

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

elijah23

It seems to me some people are eager to criticize others.

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Matt 7:3 RSV

I agree. It does seem we have this tendency to want to be right even when we may be wrong. We want to be on top and rarely settle for less. I am guilty.

Thank you for reminding me.

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. <SUP class=crossreference value='(B)'></SUP><SUP class=versenum>2 </SUP>For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. <SUP class=crossreference value='(C)'></SUP>
<SUP class=versenum>3 </SUP>“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? <SUP class=versenum>4 </SUP>How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? <SUP class=versenum>5 </SUP>You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
<SUP class=versenum>6 </SUP>“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

2 Tim 3:16 "All Scripture is God-breathed <SUP class=crossreference value='(AD)'></SUP>and is useful for teaching, <SUP class=crossreference value='(AE)'></SUP>rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, <SUP class=crossreference value='(AF)'></SUP><SUP class=versenum>17 </SUP>so that the servant of God<SUP class=footnote value='[a]'>[a]</SUP> <SUP class=crossreference value='(AG)'></SUP>may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. <SUP class=crossreference value='(AH)'></SUP>

Well, are we not to judge, or not to judge hypocritically? I'd say it's the latter. What exactly are we saying here?

Is there more than one right?

Well, are we not to judge, or not to judge hypocritically? I'd say it's the latter. What exactly are we saying here?

Is there more than one right?

Not to judge hypocritically. Everthing about right and wrong is judgement, and Christianity is about right and wrong.

I personally live by the belief that we cannot know what is in someone's heart, therefore, we cannot judge their soul. However, actions, in and of themselves, can be judged as right or wrong, good or bad, separately from the motivations of the person committing them.

I personally live by the belief that we cannot know what is in someone's heart, therefore, we cannot judge their soul. However, actions, in and of themselves, can be judged as right or wrong, good or bad, separately from the motivations of the person committing them.

That's about the best way to put as I've heard. :thumb

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back