Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Early homosapiens and salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Why? You are still unwilling/unable to answer the question here; no reason to expect a change over there.

I already pointed out several parables in the creation story. For some reason, you're still pretending you never saw any of them. I pointed out the "days" were even in ancient times, known to be figurative, because of the logical absurdity of mornings and evenings with no Sun to have them.

We know the death God spoke of in Genesis was not a literal death, since He told Adam that he would die the day he ate from the tree, and Adam lived on physically for many years thereafter.

And so on. Denial really won't help you here.

We'll still discuss the fifth century Christian perspective per Augustine on the theology board. If you want to read up and follow it, that's fine. If not, maybe you'll get around to it later. Couldn't hurt.

Remember the key is that this issue means nothing to your salvation. Even if you're wrong, you're still a Christian, and you're in no danger, unless you make an idol of creationism. And I'll make no judgement on that.

HAX111207.jpg

I already pointed out several parables in the creation story. For some reason, you're still pretending you never saw any of them. I pointed out the "days" were even in ancient times, known to be figurative, because of the logical absurdity of mornings and evenings with no Sun to have them.
More than myself have asked for the same thing and we all agree you have failed to deliver. Now, maybe you have responded in your mind but you have failed to put it in a post.

We'll still discuss the fifth century Christian perspective per Augustine on the theology board. If you want to read up and follow it, that's fine. If not, maybe you'll get around to it later. Couldn't hurt.
We are admonished to not be led astray by false teachers; I will decline thank you anyway.

Major plagiarizing here:
Remember the key is that this issue means nothing to your salvation. Even if you're wrong, you're still a Christian, and you're in no danger, unless you make an idol of Theistic-Evolutionism. And I'll make no judgement on that.

Remember the key is that this issue means nothing to your salvation. Even if you're wrong, you're still a Christian, and you're in no danger, unless you make an idol of Theistic-Evolutionism. And I'll make no judgement on that.

And I'm pleased you've come to that conclusion. The discussion wasn't wasted effort after all. Once you accept that God doesn't care how you think He created things, the problem goes away.

Barbarian observes:

We are admonished to not be led astray by false teachers; I will decline thank you anyway.

Augustine is considered one of the great theologians by all three major branches of Christianity. Hardly a "false teacher." Maybe it would be good to examine that assumption in light of Christian faith?

Augustine is considered one of the great theologians by all three major branches of Christianity. Hardly a "false teacher." Maybe it would be good to examine that assumption in light of Christian faith?
Wasn't speaking of Augustine......but you understood that:nod.

The no sun argument lost favor hundreds of years ago. Everyone know that...even you. Why do you insist on arguing against a light source that was present prior to and then replaced by the sun?
I've noticed you simply deny it ....then label it as a parable.

The no sun argument lost favor hundreds of years ago. Everyone know that...even you. Why do you insist on arguing against a light source that was present prior to and then replaced by the sun?

No one was fooled by that excuse. "Morning" doesn't mean "light in the sky", it means "when the Sun rises." That's what it meant to Christians in Augustine's time, and that's what it means today.

Simply denying what words mean, isn't going to help you. As Christians have always understood, the figurative use of "morning" and "evening" makes it clear that the "days" of Genesis are not literal ones.

No one was fooled by that excuse. "Morning" doesn't mean "light in the sky", it means "when the Sun rises." That's what it meant to Christians in Augustine's time, and that's what it means today.

Simply denying what words mean, isn't going to help you. As Christians have always understood, the figurative use of "morning" and "evening" makes it clear that the "days" of Genesis are not literal ones.

I'm not really going to argue that point with you....you lost.

Guys, don't trade shots. Don't tell others they are wrong etc. Just make your best argument and let it hang out there for others to decide upon. I'm serious but you all should listen to Greg Koukl at str.org. Just listen to one of his programs and listen to how he deals with hostile calls. Always with grace and dignity. No snark. This is NOT aimed at the last poster it's just and idea. A good idea IMHO.

It was asked...make an idol of Theistic-Evolutionism...

Jim Parker replied back with..

How does one do that?

One does that when they filter Genesis and its accuracy as well as historical literalism through the beliefs of evolutionism.
Theo-Evo-sm becomes an idol when what the bible tells us is denied and the Word of God is exchanged for the word of man.

Back