Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Egg nog

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I’m a big fan. Seriously. At one point autumn meant pumpkin 🎃 nog st least in some stores. Not so much this year…?
But ok ✅ egg nog. Classic! Right now I’m keeping it old school with Pet brand. Truth? Not to sound snobby or anything but the southern comfort brand has a similar texture and better spices added in the mix.

Target brand has some good egg nog too. I got the reduced fat version at my last curbside pickup 🛻 and…
Not what I wanted but surprisingly good 😊.

Rambling…
Fo y’all drink egg nog this time of year? Any favorite brands or subtypes? I tried adding spices to one version and it just…didn’t happen. Predictably the spices wouldn’t dissolve.

I think 🧐 you should consider trying it. Very traditional. Ok ✅ so the real tradition is to add booze…lots and lots of booze…
But I like it without alcohol. It’s like a liquid dessert 🧁.

It’s not that big a deal but I’m obviously a fan lol 😆

Pet and southern comfort are my favorites. My cool 😎 friends tell me that there are good plant based alternative products now…

"Thall Shall Not Drink Strong Drink"
Father Mulcahey.
8d5f37e176637926efca8e0c1143f2ce.gif

Hi Christ_empowered
Fo y’all drink egg nog this time of year? Any favorite brands or subtypes? I tried adding spices to one version and it just…didn’t happen. Predictably the spices wouldn’t dissolve.
In south Florida we used to have little drive through convenience stores called Farm Stores. They had the creamiest eggnog that I've ever had. It was like it was whipped a little bit. Very sweet.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Christ_empowered
In south Florida we used to have little drive through convenience stores called Farm Stores. They had the creamiest eggnog that I've ever had. It was like it was whipped a little bit. Very sweet.

God bless,
Ted
Those are still there .fort Pierce had one on st Lucie Blvd and us1. Miami had a lot .

Hi jasonc

Yeah, that brings back memories. I know there used to be one in Cutler Ridge in south Miami-Dade Co. Anyway, their eggnog, as I remember, was pretty delicious.

God bless,
Ted

I’m a big fan. Seriously. At one point autumn meant pumpkin 🎃 nog st least in some stores. Not so much this year…?
But ok ✅ egg nog. Classic! Right now I’m keeping it old school with Pet brand. Truth? Not to sound snobby or anything but the southern comfort brand has a similar texture and better spices added in the mix.

Target brand has some good egg nog too. I got the reduced fat version at my last curbside pickup 🛻 and…
Not what I wanted but surprisingly good 😊.

Rambling…
Love eggnog, but I haven't even bought any this year. :sad I don't know why, but I do need to get some. I think my brands are Canadian, so you likely wouldn't recognize them (Lucerne and Dairyland), but they're just the typical stuff from the grocery store. I think there are mainly two brands that are sold at most stores. We have a dairy mafia up here basically.

I 95 ends in at the southern end of Brickell Ave as you're entering Coral Gables when you dump down to ground level after riding above for quite a bit through downtown Miami. The highway running through Quail Roost and Caribbean is the Florida Turnpike Extension.

I 95 ends in at the southern end of Brickell Ave as you're entering Coral Gables when you dump down to ground level after riding above for quite a bit through downtown Miami. The highway running through Quail Roost and Caribbean is the Florida Turnpike Extension.
Yeah, but there was also one at the Turnpike, not 95 that far south, and Caribbean Blvd. It was almost under the roadway bridge.

God bless,
Ted
Been ages .there was a motel by the one on carribean .the old farm store was vacant for decades and razed.i bet I can find it on Google imagery irc the one on carribean was on the opposite side of the exit then the other .both were close to the exit and nearly under it .

Been ages .there was a motel by the one on carribean .the old farm store was vacant for decades and razed.i bet I can find it on Google imagery irc the one on carribean was on the opposite side of the exit then the other .both were close to the exit and nearly under it .
hi jasonc

Yes, and that motel was immortalized in the hurricane Andrew pictures. One of the first pictures the day after Andrew hit was one of that motel with most of the side blown out from the winds. I think this is the picture:

but I could be mistaken. There isn't a lot of identifiable landmarks in the picture.

God bless,
Ted

hi jasonc

Yes, and that motel was immortalized in the hurricane Andrew pictures. One of the first pictures the day after Andrew hit was one of that motel with most of the side blown out from the winds. I think this is the picture:

but I could be mistaken. There isn't a lot of identifiable landmarks in the picture.

God bless,
Ted
I stayed in that hotel

Back