Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] Ending a relationship

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I just want to request prayer and express some praise. I've been been really conflicted for a few months now about the steps I should take with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. He's not a believer and I have had really strong convictions to turn back to God. We finally talked about ending our relationship last night because of this. I'm changing and he's unchanging.

I want to express my praise to God for giving me the freedom to speak about what I was feeling inside and telling him that I need God at the center of my life. It just came out so easy and my boyfriend understood and appreciated the fact that I was so honest.

I want to ask for prayer because it hurts so much. I know I'll be ok but, at the moment, I feel like I have lost a great guy and all the time I invested into the relationship plus my daughter adores him. I don't know what God's will is for me but there is a hope that he'll bring this guy back to me. Obviously if that's not His plan, so be it. But I will continue praying that God touches his heart and helps him feel the need to follow the Lord even if we don't end up together. I want him to realize that he needs to secure his place in heaven.

I think that even though you might not be seeing him now, but maybe you could pray that he be able to come back some ime after letting him think over his life. Is what im saying is maybe you could get back together with him sometime and let God use your faith to help try to bring him to Christ. OR, even while your not together maybe you could still talk to him over phone maybe and slowly but surely try to introduce him to Gods love. I dont know this is just a thought and I dont know the full situation anyhow so whatever comes to be just always remeber that Gods soverign will will be followed through. Pray about it and its good you felt like you needed a more spiritual person in your life. Anyhow, I hope everything goes well. God bless you and your situation! :biggrin

Im saying a Prayer for you that things will turn out for what is right in the end. Everyone needs to make sacrifices in their life, but there is no greater sacrifice that is made on behalf of God.

God bless you Rachel. I know that that was not easy to do, and not a decision you made in haste. I'm sure that the Lord will bless your decision and it will not be in vain, and as you are removing things that separate you from Him and He draws closer to you it will all be worth it. Keep on praying for the man, don't give up! Remember that "the effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man (or woman) avails much." James 5:16

god-3.gif

I have had really strong convictions to turn back to God.

Now is the time to go to God and ask him what he wants, he spoke to you for a reason. We are all so used to thinking about life on our terms because the flesh doesn't know any better, when we become Christians that all changes. How many times have we heard our moms or dads say "When is somebody going to start caring about what I think" Its when we realize his purpose is perfect we shout Hallelujah!

Just my
twocents.gif

well i think it is a decision you have taken and it seems like you really had strong convictions.

i have never been in a relationship, and have never had my heart broken, but i wish you all the best and that the Lord out of his abundance will continue to bless you.

welcome to the site

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back