Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Esau, did God really hate the baby Esau?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You:

“Esau is the only person that God said He hated. The ancient Hebrew suggests that Esau’s rejection of His prized birthright for some stew that hurt God’s heart so deeply that He wanted to stay away from him. God had not rejected Esau, rather Esau rejected God’s plan. In this context, this verse shows God’s broken heart rather than His anger at disobedience..."/

You said God hated the baby Esau. He didn’t. You saw God was hurt because didn’t prize his birthright. He wasn’t. You said he was so hurt God “wanted to stay away.” Gods heart was broken.

Not a single point is the the Bible. It would be better to admit you are making up stuff.

Here you go again. I did Not Say Those Things.

Which is why you typed it out instead of quoting my post where I supposedly said those things. Have some more coffee and come back when you're thinking more clearly.

Yeah! That's what I was saying. Esau did not cooperate with God's plan for his life.

"· · Jacob I loved; Esau I hated - Mal. 1:2; Romans 9:13 Esau is the only person that God said He hated. The ancient Hebrew suggests that Esau’s rejection of His prized birthright for some stew that hurt God’s heart so deeply that He wanted to stay away from him. God had not rejected Esau, rather Esau rejected God’s plan. In this context, this verse shows God’s broken heart rather than His anger at disobedience..."/

That's easy to understand. I think it is prolly on the level of...a Bride cheats on her newlywed Husband. A lot of pain.

Why do you think God gave mankind the Marraige Covenant? To introduce us to that pain and bringing us to the understanding of why loyalty is of utmost importance. Marriage on earth is a dry run for Marriage with Christ. Taches us how to act, what not to do! And why! (It brings pain. If we're created in God's image and we can feel pain, why would God be different? Not. God does feel pain.
Here you go again. I did Not Say Those Things.

Which is why you typed it out instead of quoting my post where I supposedly said those things. Have some more coffee and come back when you're thinking more clearly.
Yeah! That's what I was saying. Esau did not cooperate with God's plan for his life.

"· · Jacob I loved; Esau I hated - Mal. 1:2; Romans 9:13 Esau is the only person that God said He hated. The ancient Hebrew suggests that Esau’s rejection of His prized birthright for some stew that hurt God’s heart so deeply that He wanted to stay away from him. God had not rejected Esau, rather Esau rejected God’s plan. In this context, this verse shows God’s broken heart rather than His anger at disobedience..."/

That's easy to understand. I think it is prolly on the level of...a Bride cheats on her newlywed Husband. A lot of pain.

Why do you think God gave mankind the Marraige Covenant? To introduce us to that pain and bringing us to the understanding of why loyalty is of utmost importance. Marriage on earth is a dry run for Marriage with Christ. Taches us how to act, what not to do! And why! (It brings pain. If we're created in God's image and we can feel pain, why would God be different? Not. God does feel pain.

Yes you did. This is your post. I made up nothing.

Esau, did God really hate the baby Esau?​

Yes, and that hate for esau from God was before esau was born, before he had any being and ability to do good or evil Rom 9:11-13

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

God hated esau before he was a baby !

Back