Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Evolution Is Religion--Not Science

What do you mean by "I just have questions"? Are you not wanting answers? You accuse someone of a "non-answer" when they gave you one, yet you not only don't clarify what you meant when you were asked, you appear to evade and ask another question. If you don't want answers or don't want to provide clarification when asked, then why ask questions?
Fine, if that's your attitude, I won't ask anymore.
You can all keep your private "I believe in evolution" to yourselves.

You have to understand that its hard to talk to someone who won't come out and directly say what they want. Several people have pointed out that the theory of Evolution isn't a religion and there are no direct beliefs. If religion can be denoted to simply accepting an observation or system, then religion in itself is almost a pointless classification.

It simply isn't fair to those in this discussion, or any discussion for that matter, to ask questions and not provide clarification when asked, or to ask questions with no intention of actually engaging the response.

Evolution is in no way a religion despite what any one would like to say. Evolution is a scientific fact described by various theories, not a belief system. Atheism might be considered a belief system depending on how you look at it, but beliefs are opinions and facts are facts and there's no two ways about it.
Biblical information can also demonstrate fact. Study has already proven that information is historical and that astronomical observations were involved in religious studies, philosophy of theosophy as was calculations and also predictions as revelations.

For instance the 144,000 in Revelations mention is made of a group consisting of 144,000
John heard of 144,000 (12,000 each from twelve different Israelite tribes) servants of God who had been sealed on their foreheads.

Also, the apostle saw a “great multitude, which no man can number” out of every nation. These too were redeemed individuals who had been made white in the Lamb’s blood (v. 14). They had victoriously triumphed over tribulation, and they served God continuously in his temple.

John saw the Lamb on Mount Zion. With him were 144,000, sealed with the Father’s name upon their foreheads. This great multitude had been “purchased out of the earth,” and they were said to be the “firstfruits unto God and unto the Lamb.”

As Christ is given a value of 1,000
Time a value of 12
12 x 12 = 144
Christ in time is the value of 144,000 applying to the blood of the Lamb.

Teaching the Acts of Creation was the purpose of the religious Philosopher and the ancient religious teachings were taught differently to the way in which current day religious teachings are taught. If we understand that the Catholic Brothers taught a very strict Holy Law application that only allowed for a new religious teaching to be accepted. If anyone cared to study Philosophy regarding religion, it enables you to be more informed, without actually disputing the holiness of these documents.

As the documents state, Jesus Christ was the firstborn used in the Creation Acts as the spirit of our Father's sacrifice as per Old Testaments.

Biblical information has often been misinterpreted, but it never contradicts the reality of God's creation. Although nature is not a replacement for God's word, there is much about nature that can help you understand Him better.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also, and divinity: so that they are inexcusable.

I know that to be true. Often, alone with my thoughts in the silence of a morning far away from man's constructions, I've had that epiphany when everything around me becomes understandable in terms of His power and purposes.

Evolution is a religion its the religion of every godless society known to man we're taught from the time we are children its mother nature not Father nature.. maybe tptb believe we owe everything to the queen of heaven..

tob

It's important to understand one's own doubts and fears so that one does not delude one's self by projecting them on onto science. It's O.K. to be unscientific at times; I am often unscientific, myself.

Religion should not be a way of demeaning an idea, faith is one of the great things humans do. But conflating it with science is wrong.

It is no more wrong to speak of God as Her than to speak of God as Him. It is a mere convention that we do. Sex was created by God for humans and we should be aware that He is not limited by things that limit us.

Last edited:
I just have questions.
How about this:
Malachi 3:6;
"I the Lord, do not change",..

God doesn't change.
He remains the same forever.
So if man is evolving and continues to evolve, how long before man passes God?
You're assuming there is such a thing as "progress" in evolution. Man is not on some progressive evolution to one day be like God, or better than God. God is Spirit, and is not subject to change. Where does it state that man is incapable of change?

More reasons Kent Hovind is in prison
Your right, we should definitely disregard any of his teachings because he got in some trouble. Kent Hovind is what I believe a saved man who has a lot of great insight on the subject and I will continue to use his material.

Your right, we should definitely disregard any of his teachings because he got in some trouble. Kent Hovind is what I believe a saved man who has a lot of great insight on the subject and I will continue to use his material.
"Some trouble"? He got 8 to 12 years in a federal prison, to any person with an objective opinion, they would be cautious before believing anything this guy said.

That's fine. Anybody else interested in watching the video, please do so. Despite his jail time, he has a lot of great information. Thanks.

"Some trouble"? He got 8 to 12 years in a federal prison, to any person with an objective opinion, they would be cautious before believing anything this guy said.

Jesus got the death penalty. Does that mean we shouldn't listen to anything he said? If we can't listen to anything a man says who went to prison, it would seem pretty logical not to listen to a man who was sentenced to death.

The TOG​

Back