Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Ezekiel

shad

Ezekiel chapter 33-34 explains about corrupt Christian society and new world under Jesus reign.
We dont have reliable shepherds so God will fix all of these by using Jesus.

shad said:
Ezekiel chapter 33-34 explains about corrupt Christian society and new world under Jesus reign.
  • Ezekiel chapter 33-34 explains about corrupt Jewish society and new world under Jesus reign.
    Jews didn't have reliable shepherds so God fixed all of these by using Jesus.

Better :clap

Sinthesis said:
shad said:
  • Ezekiel chapter 33-34 explains about corrupt Jewish society and new world under Jesus reign.

So are you saying we have peaceful Christian society and the world like Ezekiel describes? Not!

Ezekiel 34:30 Then they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign LORD. 31 You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign LORD.'
The House of Israel are the people of God.

Isaiah 44:5
One will say, 'I belong to the LORD '; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,' and will take the name Israel.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

mdo757 said:
Ezekiel 34:30 Then they will know that I, the LORD their God, am with them and that they, the house of Israel, are my people, declares the Sovereign LORD. 31 You my sheep, the sheep of my pasture, are people, and I am your God, declares the Sovereign LORD.'
The House of Israel are the people of God.

Isaiah 44:5
One will say, 'I belong to the LORD '; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,' and will take the name Israel.

Ephesians 2:12
remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Ephesians 3:6
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

How are you interpreting them?

Actually, the name Israel has always been God's naming for His Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. It involves God's Birthright He first gave to the 12 tribes of Israel through their father Jacob. This is why I keep saying that Birthright inheritance (which is on earth) will never be destroyed, because God promised His Son would come to inherit it.

That inheritance includes many of the seed of Israel that believed, along with believing Gentiles, both together as one body under Christ Jesus. God's Salvation Plan through His Son begins in Genesis, not Matthew. The NT is a witness of it coming on earth, even though many things of how it is to manifest in final are still expecting until Christ comes.

When you read the Book of Ezekiel, that is especially to the ten tribes of the "house of Israel", for God said He made Ezekiel a prophet to the house of Israel. For today, that primarily means the western Christian nations, for that's where a majority of the ten tribes were scattered to, and will be gathered from.

shad said:
Sinthesis said:
shad said:

So are you saying we have peaceful Christian society and the world like Ezekiel describes? Not!
You don't have peace in Christ? Pity. :verysad

veteran said:
When you read the Book of Ezekiel, that is especially to the ten tribes of the "house of Israel", for God said He made Ezekiel a prophet to the house of Israel. For today, that primarily means the western Christian nations, for that's where a majority of the ten tribes were scattered to, and will be gathered from.
More foolishness. Your ten lost tribes were Hebrews. Western Civilization is primarily Gentile, but grafted into the People of God on an individual basis.

Sinthesis said:
You don't have peace in Christ? Pity. :verysad

Jesus bring literal peace, not imaginary peace. Are you happy with this earth filled with hatred and wars? Not me. I am looking forward to Jesus' return!!! Come Lord Jesus!!!

Sinthesis said:
More foolishness. Your ten lost tribes were Hebrews. Western Civilization is primarily Gentile, but grafted into the People of God on an individual basis.

Not to derail anything, but since Ezekiel is talking to the house of Israel, the ten tribes are relevant. I understand that not everyone believes in the origins of the Western nations, but it does answer my questions, for I have yet for anyone to adequately explain to me (apart from the Western nations) then what Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19 really means. All I hear is song and dancing around those verses like they are unimportant. Well then, maybe the Messianic promises don't mean much either since they were included with the promise of many nations and great population size of Israel. If God reneged on the promise that his people would be a light to the nations (as opposed to non-Israelite Gentiles supposedly fulfilling that role today), then Messianic promises go out the window by default. I don't know about anyone else here, but that severely bothers me. I don't believe in an anemic God. He keeps His promises.

tim_from_pa said:
Sinthesis said:

Not to derail anything, but since Ezekiel is talking to the house of Israel, the ten tribes are relevant. I understand that not everyone believes in the origins of the Western nations, but it does answer my questions, for I have yet for anyone to adequately explain to me (apart from the Western nations) then what Genesis 35:11 and Genesis 48:19 really means. All I hear is song and dancing around those verses like they are unimportant. Well then, maybe the Messianic promises don't mean much either since they were included with the promise of many nations and great population size of Israel. If God reneged on the promise that his people would be a light to the nations (as opposed to non-Israelite Gentiles supposedly fulfilling that role today), then Messianic promises go out the window by default. I don't know about anyone else here, but that severely bothers me. I don't believe in an anemic God. He keeps His promises.

Lot of believers don't care about God's Promises, especially His promises to Israel. They only care about the promises the many 'hirelings' in the pulpits promise them and how to save their own skin, for if they really had understanding from God in His Word, they'd know what we're talking about on God's Promises to Israel.

veteran said:
[

Lot of believers don't care about God's Promises, especially His promises to Israel.

You should know that Jesus made it very clear that if you are not obedient to Jesus, you are not Abraham's descendants. In other words, Jesus only cares about your spiritual condition.

shad said:
veteran said:
[

Lot of believers don't care about God's Promises, especially His promises to Israel.

You should know that Jesus made it very clear that if you are not obedient to Jesus, you are not Abraham's descendants. In other words, Jesus only cares about your spiritual condition.

Our Lord Jesus cares about ALL peoples, regardless of their nationality. Yet He has made specific promises to Israel, His inheritence, and He's not going to go back on those promises, for He is not like man who often breaks promises. It is those promises He first gave to Israel that all Christians have come under, as Paul said in Ephesians 2 about our becoming joined in the "commonwealth of Israel". But since many are wrongly taught His Israel is no more important, I guess that means those who believe that lie don't want to be included in those promises He made, and He will oblige those who want to be cut off.

veteran said:
[

Our Lord Jesus cares about ALL peoples, regardless of their nationality.

You are still disregarding what how Jesus corrected Jewish people's misunderstanding, Just like you are doing.

I also want to point out for those who believe "the Jew rejected Christ therefore the promises go to believing Gentiles" that in spite of Israel's or Judah's rejection and lack of faith, God still remembers them when he says,

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah.....

Is God able to do this or not? Or does He just give up and entrust the gospel forever to believing Gentiles not of Israel's stock (which clearly violates the "gospel" promise in the latter part of verse Genesis 12:3)?

And if even "some" believe, then for certain God has to make all the Abrahamic and Davidic promises apply to Israel knowing that they believe are at least are going to believe, for he did not make those promises to any other genealogical line.

What we have to be aware of is that the promises to Abraham and David are not "old" or "new" covenants per se. They are an altogether different animal. The "old" has to do with the Mosaic Law of righteousness and the "new" is the covenant of the Blood of Christ in grace. The other covenants work within that framework, but are different.

The bible, like it or lump it, is a very national book and genealogies (which is what I base this teaching on) are very important.

tim_from_pa said:
I also want to point out for those who believe "the Jew rejected Christ therefore the promises go to believing Gentiles" that in spite of Israel's or Judah's rejection and lack of faith, God still remembers them when he says,

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah.....

Is God able to do this or not? Or does He just give up and entrust the gospel forever to believing Gentiles not of Israel's stock (which clearly violates the "gospel" promise in the latter part of verse Genesis 12:3)?

And if even "some" believe, then for certain God has to make all the Abrahamic and Davidic promises apply to Israel knowing that they believe are at least are going to believe, for he did not make those promises to any other genealogical line.

What we have to be aware of is that the promises to Abraham and David are not "old" or "new" covenants per se. They are an altogether different animal. The "old" has to do with the Mosaic Law of righteousness and the "new" is the covenant of the Blood of Christ in grace. The other covenants work within that framework, but are different.

The bible, like it or lump it, is a very national book and genealogies (which is what I base this teaching on) are very important.
The "house of Israel" is parabolic for the body of believers. And the "house of Judah is parabolic for the Faithful.

In regards to genealogies.
1 Timothy 1:4

nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies...

Gotta agree
replacement theology from pop corn theology Christians is a slap in God's face :study
God has a plan for the Nation of Israel and a plan for the gentile saints- the Bible is full of prophecy denoting that
-after all the wild olive gentiles branches are grafted in like Paul says so we should not boast about our supremacy because god can graft back in the original olive branch Israel into the Abrahamic root much easier than us!
Is there no enough blessings for the gentiles but they have to go and steal and apply erroneously the end time promises to Israel!? Some do it out of laziness to their own shame.
Maybe they study and think the NIV new International Version Bible is correct ha ha
15000 'alterations' so zondervan publishers can copywrite it for the Christian market lol
shalom

Sinthesis said:
veteran said:

In regards to genealogies.
1 Timothy 1:4
nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.

Titus 3:9
But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies...

My genealogies are from the bible and covenantal.

So, according to what you are saying, what kind of genealogy is that? An endless one or a foolish one?

How about the book of Genesis? What kind of genealogy is that? An endless one or a foolish one?

How about the beginning of the book of Chronicles. What kind of genealogy is that? An endless one or a foolish one?

The book of Matthew and New Testament starts with a genealogy. So what kind of genealogy is that? And endless one or a foolish one?

I find these verses are quoted by those who want to dodge the genealogy issue and proofs they give lest it shows something they don't want to see.

Some folks have Paul saying "Avoid all genealogies, which all are endless and foolish". But that's not what he said. He said to avoid endless (tiring) and foolish ones.

Suppose there were cars in Paul's time. Paul could have said to Timothy, avoid clunker cars, for that is not profitable to transport you to preach the gospel. Does that mean Timothy should not drive a car because they are all clunkers? Or is that the type of car he should not use?

Let's not read more into passages than what they are saying. But then again, if a passage clearly says something such as Ephraim shall become a multitude of nations, or I, the Lord will make a New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, etc. etc, then by gads that's what it means, and there is no reason to song and dance around it.

Back