Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Faith-based Podcasts

Mike

I'm on a hunt for a good daily podcast to listen to on my commute to/from work. Some time ago, I got in the bad habit of filling that time with information that's interesting to me (tech & sports) but doesn't fill my spirit.

God is good, and he woke me from my slumber. My habits started transforming a while ago. What almost felt forced in the beginning already feels natural. I just need something different.

I love apologetics, so I picked up on some of my favorites: Hank Hannegraaff and RC Sproul. Apologetics are great for equipping but not necessarily filling up, if that makes any sense. So I'm looking for a daily podcast focused on scripture and spiritual growth. I've always loved David Jeremiah, but his Turning Point program isn't offered on the app I use on my android.

All this was to ask if anyone has a daily podcast you listen to that you think might be what I'm looking for. Even if you're not into podcasting, if you have solid biblical shows you listen to in the radio, there's a good chance they also put their programming up for downloading.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

Be blessed.

For Bible teaching: Insight for Living (Chuck Swindoll)

For apologetics/theology/ethics/culture: Stand to Reason (STR--Greg Koukl) or White Horse Inn

Have all those either in apps on my iPod or available through Apple's podcast app. Would be very surprised if they weren't available on Android.

Thanks for the suggestions! I couldn't find Driscoll, but I did subscribe to Wommack. I don't recall hearing him before, so I'm looking forward to giving him a try. Short podcast. Only 15 minutes.

I don't know why I didn't think to search for Insight for Living. I listened to Swindell for years! He's terrific! Those should take care of my ride in tomorrow. :thumbsup

Thanks for the suggestions! I couldn't find Driscoll, but I did subscribe to Wommack. I don't recall hearing him before, so I'm looking forward to giving him a try. Short podcast. Only 15 minutes.

I don't know why I didn't think to search for Insight for Living. I listened to Swindell for years! He's terrific! Those should take care of my ride in tomorrow. :thumbsup
I have been listening to Andrew since the mid 90's. He also has a College called Charis Bible College and I take classes with it.

I went digging for this old thread to add that I have found a daily podcast that I have been hooked on for the past month. I never miss a show in the morning on my way into work. It's just what I was looking for. Insight into scripture, sound doctrine, and very inspiring before I walk into work.

Truth For Life by Alistair Begg. Each message recorded at his church in Cleveland runs about 20 minutes aside from the intro and closing words. If anyone is looking for a daily message and have a podcast app, I highly recommend this show. :)

I went digging for this old thread to add that I have found a daily podcast that I have been hooked on for the past month. I never miss a show in the morning on my way into work. It's just what I was looking for. Insight into scripture, sound doctrine, and very inspiring before I walk into work.

Truth For Life by Alistair Begg. Each message recorded at his church in Cleveland runs about 20 minutes aside from the intro and closing words. If anyone is looking for a daily message and have a podcast app, I highly recommend this show. :)
he is on reach fm. www.reachfm.org every morning at 7 am.

I have been listening to Andrew since the mid 90's. He also has a College called Charis Bible College and I take classes with it.

http://wordoffaith.cc/watch-messages/podcasts

Keith Butler. Zero unbelief with no God is mysterious garbage. Most likely will cover things Andrew covers though.

Keith Moore, My Pastor and Kenneth did not have something in the format your looking for.

Keith Butler appears a lot on the Believers Voice of Victory.

Blessings.

I will check it out. I read the devotional "My Utmost For His Highest" before work in the morning.

Back