Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Favorite Bible Translation

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

FrMattCH

Hi guys and gals,
Question. Favorite bible translation and why. I will tell you that I like the DRCB, N.RSV CE and NABRE for obvious reasons. However on my iPad I also have the KJV, NIV84, NASB, ESV for those who may have or prefer one of those versions.

Hmm, I've always found the NIV to be the easiest, especially when discussing scripture with non/new believers. The New Living Translation is also quite good for that, but it occasionally gets close to the point at which I worry it's being too paraphrased.

I like to personally study from the New King James version... my youth pastor used to have a version that he said was extremely accurate, but I don't remember what it is.

My personal favorites are Thompson Chain Reference NIV and The Complete Jewish Bible. There's just something about reading the Bible with the original Hebrew names that makes it more real.

I only have 2 at the moment, and I like the NRSV over the NIV. I do like how the NIV gives headings of the chapters though.

I did tell the wife last night that we will eventually have more as I seem to enjoy more direct translations. I find that a little struggle in undertanding the language causes me to re-read more and therefore get a little extra out :chin

I heard a messege Bible is a good one from a pastor I met while working, any thoughts?

I have used the NIV since it first came out in 1978 as a NT version. Before that I used the J.B. Philips NT version, which I still like but don't use. I started also using the NASB in the late 80s. Today I have the NIV 2011, NASB and HSCB on my Windows Phone 7. I hardly ever use my printed NIV Study Bible any longer because there are so many tools online, so when I study, I study online.

:shades

If i could only have one it would be KJ, Growing up it is what i heard. Still today i often hear my Dad's voice when i read KJ. I like AMP and have even read the whole ( minus Numbers) in the living. Fairly quick reading for the size of the book. Reading the childrens Bible is good also..

Hi guys and gals,
Question. Favorite bible translation and why.

I have used the NIV since 1978. I have also used the NASB since it came out.
The newest version I use is the HSCB(Holeman)
I have all three on my cell phone which I use at church.
When I study, I use my PC. There are many study tools available online now.
I haven't used my NIV Study Bible for years.

:shades

I like the KJV, for it's poetic language. When I lead Bible study, I use the NRSV, and encourage the inclusion of other translations.

Hi guys and gals,
Question. Favorite bible translation and why. I will tell you that I like the DRCB, N.RSV CE and NABRE for obvious reasons. However on my iPad I also have the KJV, NIV84, NASB, ESV for those who may have or prefer one of those versions.

I like the (old) Revised Standard Version. It is the one I was given at my church when I was a kid in the 1960s.

If i could only have one it would be KJ, Growing up it is what i heard. Still today i often hear my Dad's voice when i read KJ. I like AMP and have even read the whole ( minus Numbers) in the living. Fairly quick reading for the size of the book. Reading the childrens Bible is good also..
:lol a little young for that childs bible?

For me it's the KJV

But on a side note , I love the " blue letter bible " idevice app , it's a great tool :thumbsup

:lol a little young for that childs bible?

Read a childs bible to that baby Jason :grumpy . .:wave

The one around here is the Bible stories... reading them in the child like manor brings back to memory the years of Sunday School. It refreshes the mind/spirit...

hmm, sorry. jews do dont do that. sorry j/k. i do wonder what my dad had read to him since by bar mitzvah they can recite the entire first five books of the tanach(genesis to deuteromony) in hebrew?that is why that event is soo long.

my sunday school has those. ill pass that on to monica. the sages me and jeff talk about alot. a jewish child when he is at 13 to 15 know their arguments. one book of genesis that jeff has is thicker then my bible!

we christians dont really study that book(the whole bible) at all. jeff spent one year in exodus and still didnt know it all. i intend to do the same with genesis.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back