Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Feeling lost

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

SBAX

I've very recently become depressed again due to ongoing health issues and the recent discovery of my mums cancer. I've never questioned or felt angry towards God for the difficulties life has thrown in my way, but I can't help but despair at the direction he's taking me. I know not to question him, for he has his reasons but I'm just feeling a little lost as to where it is he is taking me.
I pray every day for signs and guidance but I don't feel like I'm getting any. Does anyone else battle with depression? I feel sometimes very on my own.

I do. I can't even tell my problems to anyone I know because I lost my trust in people over the past year. Because you don't really know me, and I don't really know you, I'll just give you one advice. Pray and hope for the best. I don't know what you're going through. But God does. Don't worry, you'll get there in time. Just place God in the center of your life. But then, its kind of hypocritical of me to say that since its not entirely true for me.

Not currently, but I've battled with depression in the past. Hang in there.
Maybe you could take time to go outside, sit in the grass and enjoy the outdoors. Maye take an iPod with you, and have worship songs playing. I do this when I feel stressed or down, and it helps.

I can't say that I have ever experienced depression, but I can absolutely say that it is okay to question God. The Scripture is full of godly people who have questioned God in their time of hardships; we all want to know why we have to go through certain things, we all want to know why things are always going wrong for us. It's very natural. However, it is never okay to blame God. There is a difference. Pour out your heart to God, ask Him why.

Back