Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Feminism

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Perry Reid said:
What do yall think of feminism?

It depends in what context you mean it. Working? In a marriage? In government? In church positions? All of them have different ways that men and women are treated equally or unequally.

Perry Reid said:

I don't mind it, I even have some of the video's. Interracial is nice I think...

sehad said:
Perry Reid said:

It depends in what context you mean it. Working? In a marriage? In government? In church positions? All of them have different ways that men and women are treated equally or unequally.

There is really only one kind of feminism and that is discontentment. It is also hatred for the male part of God's creation.

Perry Reid said:
There is really only one kind of feminism and that is discontentment. It is also hatred for the male part of God's creation.

I'm sorry but I must disagree with you on this one. Earlier, many women had the same EXACT job that men had and got paid a lesser wage. I don't believe that this is right. I would be discontent with this. If you were doing the same job as someone else and got paid less than they did would you like that? This is where most feminism started. Now with equal rights in EVERYTHING I do not agree at all. The man should be the head of the family, end of story. This is of GOD and follows the bible but the entire job equality thing I'm in agreement with.

Women should mainly take care of the home. Titus 2:5
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Confused with a lot

I was baptized Catholic, went to church off and on in my life. But I never quite understood the whole concept. Now I'm going to a non-denominational church and I'm a christian. I'd like to know a lot more about it, all of the beliefs christians have, feminism and how it stands with chrisianity, anything else you think I might want to know. If you have any websites or books I can read to. That'd be a great help. Thank you.

God bless,
xox
desirea

I'm glad you asked Desirea. And I'm also glad that you got out of the denominations. Are you baptized scripturally? Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16

Perry Ried, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Baptized scripturally?

Well, you have to be baptized knowing that you are being cleansed IN baptism,
1 Peter 3:21, Col 2:12. If a person gets baptized thinking he is already saved because he said the sinners prayer, then he is just getting wet.

Oh no, I haven't had my baptism yet. I'm going to call my church today and ask about that.

Perry, I placed a post above just not sure you got to read it. right after I placed it there were about 5 that showed up below it.

Sehad,
I saw your post. I'm in disagreement. I don't think women should be out in the workforce. Children suffer when mom is not around. Women need to come on back home and be what God has intended them to be, homemakers. What a wonderful and beautiful thing a woman that loves to stay at home.

what about a woman that is not married or a family that cannot make it without two incomes?

I think women should be stay at home moms/and wives to. Except, I do agree with you, if you do not have a husband or a family then that would be hard. Working would definately be the case then. But like my mother did, she always worked at home so she could be with me. I would just do that.

I am dissapointed in my fellow man.

All humans are born (created if you must) free and equal.

peace4all said:
I am dissapointed in my fellow man.

All humans are born (created if you must) free and equal.

Agreed, but in a marriage it is the MAN that is going to be held accountable and it is biblical that the woman should be in submission to the man in a marriage. I cannot think of another scenario that I would think that a man and woman would not be equal, but definitely not there. But the husband is to love his wife as Christ loved the church. In other words, DO NOT TREAT HER AS AN UNEQUAL just remember that you are the head of the family as Christ is head of the church.

Sehad,
You bring up some good points.

One thing about the family that needs two incomes to survive is this: The more people that decide that they need TWO breadwinners instead of one, the more difficult it is on those families that have only one working.
Here is how it works. When there are more and more families with two people working, they have more money to spend. When they spend more money, prices for everything go up due to the law of supply and demand. This puts a strain on single income families causing some of them to send the wife out to work just to keep up. See how that works?

You asked about women that do not have a husband. I would encourage christians to return to the God sanctioned practice of having more than one wife. This makes it easier for a family to raise children and if we could become more sustainable agriculturally speaking this would work out great.

When women do not have a husband it leads to great unhappiness. Check out what Paul has to say in 1 Timothy.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back