Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Feminism

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Feminism is merely the belief in female supremacy. There are a great variety of feministic belief, though, and therefore those beliefs will differ somewhat. At least the more extremist versions have been reduced quite a bit over the years. I still observe that extreme and negative elements of feminism continue to exist in remnants, however.

While feminists are often noted for advocating equal rights between the sexes, this is not the case. Feminisn advocates for females being held as better(in as many ways as one could take that to mean). Essentially, instead of bringing females up to equal rights to males, feminism usually seeks to bring males below, or to make females above males in terms of existence in society. Because feminism focuses on female rights and the like, it does exclude males. Feminism does not care/have concern for all equally, as humanism, for instance.

What I find ironic with feminism is that although it holds generally to a position of female supremacy, it fights against male supremacy(for instance, the "patriarchy") which is naturally occurring(human societies meet with the greatest success under male domination). Essentially, feminism is a belief in female supremacy in a world dominated by males.

insecurity

The reason men don't like capable women is because of their own insecurity.Womens brains work differently in regards to handling conflict and organizing. Physically they typically outlive their male counterparts and when you ask the Iraelis they can shoot as well as any man. Women have an equal role in family responsibilities and if she can bring home more money than her husband more power too her. Marriage is a business and if it is no longer required she stay home barefooted and pregnant in order to sire free labor then her role is whatever it takes to make the marriage (business) a success.

Godliness is not a Meritocracy

Everyday Person said:
"So, this means that it is okay that a woman doing the exact same job as a man gets paid less based upon physical characteristics? The fact that he is a man warrants the justification of him getting paid more in the work place than her?"
No, it means I don't fall for the red herring argument of this being based on private parts. God destined you to be either a man or a woman, you have certain equipment to confirm that designation. Their are few exceptions to this rule. It is not because you have a particular sexual aparatus that you get or don't get things. It is not my personal belief that a woman should be paid less for doing the same thing as a man, simply because she is a woman.
Everyday Person said:
"Realistically, it is possible."
In my world view, something that conflicts with scripture is impossibly unrealistic. This will absolutely never change for me.
Everyday Person said:
"There are women out there far more capable than their partner's of running a household, or earning 'the bread and butter' so to speak, just as there are males that are more capable than their wives. I repeat myself when I say that I know for a fact, had my dad been in charge of the household and my mother 'submitted' to his whims, we would not be in the very fortunate possition we are now."
Actually, you simply don't know that, because it did not happen. This is not and never was about capability. Something christians also make a mistake believing. It's about a living portrait God wishes to make that directs your attention to an aspect of who he is.

Hugh McBryde

No, it means I don't fall for the red herring argument of this being based on private parts. God destined you to be either a man or a woman, you have certain equipment to confirm that designation. Their are few exceptions to this rule. It is not because you have a particular sexual aparatus that you get or don't get things. It is not my personal belief that a woman should be paid less for doing the same thing as a man, simply because she is a woman.

But they do get paid less...for no other reason other than being a woman.

In my world view, something that conflicts with scripture is impossibly unrealistic. This will absolutely never change for me.

Once again, to each his own. I prefer to adopt an outlook that is more flexible.

Actually, you simply don't know that, because it did not happen. This is not and never was about capability. Something christians also make a mistake believing. It's about a living portrait God wishes to make that directs your attention to an aspect of who he is.

No, it didnt not happen, yet certainty was there. This takes in a great deal from capability, in that women are just as capable as us males are in the work force, where Moderate feminist's (The ones I know, remember not the cliche that was mentoned before) seek to ensure that women are given the same opportunity and treatment as males are. Women are a vital part of the work force and their presence in it is nothing but a boon, its only right that they are treated equally and given the same opportunity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back