Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Final Fairwell. (Not me, just a topic)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
If you knew today was the last day you would see someone. What would you do? Whether they are traveling and not coming back, or you have some insight that this is the last chance to see them before they passed on; one way or another today would be your last oppurtunity to see that person.

I know the answer depends on the person. A very sad Fairwell to those you love, but a much more somber one for those you don't get along with, or those you have an unresolved issue to fix or confront. Some you might not know well and still say a final greeting and goodbye, while others you know and don't get along with might be you dragging yourself there to see them. Perhaps not even that.

Just a thought as you pass through your day. Look at the people you see today and consider what you would do or say different, if you know you would never have an oppurtunity to see them again.

To answer my own question, there are some I am glad to not be around any more. (I left a different forum a while ago, not the other way around). And some of them I think my good bye was a continuation of a fight. It saddens me, if I'm honest there are people I would not seize an oppurtunity to say good bye.

There are others I worry about. I would like to tell them something, convince them of something. Most because they never found God, but some because I just worry about them. I hope that if I had a final farewell with them we could have a last good moment between the two of us instead of a lecture from me to them, or from them to me.

Then there are those we all cherish. The people that when these kind of questions come up, bring up a follow up question of what would you do with them if you never saw them again that you would be doing regularity with them anyways. My most broad answer to that group I think and hope would be to enjoy the moments and oppurtunity together. Joke around, play a game, do what we both love around eachother. The sad thing is thinking of friends who have traveled away that I didn't spend as much time with as I thought was important.

Either way, that's my answer. Hope you all are having a good day.

As I have traveled to different places and countries I sometimes wonder about what they are going to do with the time I spent with them.

I always tell stories...
Bible stories.

I tell and explain my passion for God. And I think that it has an effect at times. I'm just a guy...not even a preacher. Sometimes no effect at all. But occasionally I have affected a few.

I wish I had more time with them. Always do.

Tomorrow Dave is going to talk again about going to China...and I will go. So long as he does. (Last trip was cancelled)

Just need to know when.

Might go to jail for preaching... dunno.
But... gotta go.

People come and go in our lives. Some I have good memories of and know I will see them again when Christ returns so their is no final goodbye, but see you later and then there are those I cared for very dearly who refused to have ears to hear that it saddens my heart we will never be together again as the last time will be a final time..

I have told this many times on the computer and to family....

I was not wanting to die, when I was a Catholic......... back in those days we were not told to use a bible , just the prayer
book........ to follow mass...... which was in Latin , which none of us understood.
My husband and I both came from this up brining, he is now in heaven asleep.

We got saved because of our children speaking to a friend............ and now I do want to go home...

Back