Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Flu Shots

Will you get a flu shot this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

• Allergic to eggs (can't get the shot)

• Already got mine

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been sick the last few days with something. I cough all night, my throat is sore and I feel really bad. :tongueuppydogeyes: :-?
I've been sick twice now this year, I believe the first time was with the flu.
Nobody caught whatever I had the first time, and I hope the same goes this time.
I doubt if any of us ever get the flu shot unless it's a matter of life and death. I do know I need to get some sleep. :smt015

I'm sorry that the nurse was so rude to you Nikki... and I thought most doctors had to take classes on tableside manners. Go figure.

I got my first flu shot last year (cause they were free and it was convienent) and it made me a little sick for about a week. Nothing heavy, just a sore throat and a slight headache. But I escaped last year without a sniffle after the shot :biggrin

My wife and kid have the starting of something... man, I hope it's not the flu! I'm such a bad parent :crying: Neither of them got the shot ;-)

destiny,
I hope you get better soon :angel:

Thanks, Jeff...I did get to take a long nap and make up for some of the sleep I have been missing (thank God!)

Someone who is a registered nurse told me at the onset of getting sick to mix a half a teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water. She said chances are you won't come down with anything if you do this. (I can't remember how it works )
I definitely plan to try it next time!

destiny said:
Thanks, Jeff...I did get to take a long nap and make up for some of the sleep I have been missing (thank God!)

Someone who is a registered nurse told me at the onset of getting sick to mix a half a teaspoon of baking soda in 8 ounces of water. She said chances are you won't come down with anything if you do this. (I can't remember how it works )
I definitely plan to try it next time!

Well, I hope that your feeling better today. Our daughter is home sick today and I'm noticing a slight itchy throat.

I might just try that baking soda idea. I figure that if baking soda is good for the fridge, it should make my breath as sweet as a spring day!

Nikki,

I am so sorry that your doctor said that to you. I deal with that a lot too, because we do not vaccinate. (not trying to start a debate, btw) I wonder if hospitals, and doctors, forget that we, the patients, are actually the consumers of their services...that they literally work for us! Anyway, I hope your daughter feels better soon...oh, and you too destiny, and also your family Jeff.

Atonement, I was thinking about your, "knock on wood" statement...it is so hard to change that natural secular thinking/speech sometimes, isn't it? My pastor's wife said to me the other day that their family was so "lucky" not to have lost electricity with last weeks storm. lol She has grown up in church!

I think for a believer the formerly superstitious statement, "knock on wood" translates to the more humble statement "by the grace of God", and that "lucky" translates to "blessed". I usually translate automatically when I know the person confesses Christ, because we are all still shedding worldliness in many ways. Unlearning. I still say, "good grief" too often. I picked up Charlie Brown's tag line very young, and it slips out before I think. :-? My children also pick these things up from places, and we try to undo them right away...why is it so much more difficult to break bad habits, and so much more easy to establish them!? Wouldn't it be nice to pick up a good habit? lol Anyway, just some thoughts. The Lord bless everyone.

Oh, and Nikki, I think you are a good mom because you have decided to not over vaccinate, but have used your best judgement...you too destiny. Remember doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and insurance companies are all allies...and your doctor is in the medical profession, and his ideas are shaped by what he has learned, and not necessarily what's best for your child even if his intentions are to do good. I think it is a good habit to pray for the doctors that we utilize. God bless again.

Thanks everyone!

We were all given Tamiflu. My husband is the only one still taking it. My daughter that has the flu had a reaction to the meds. It was also on the news that kids are having psychotic reactions to the Tamiflu. My niece had a psychotic reaction to Dexamethasone (sp?) when she was only 3 years old. She wouldn't stop beating her head against the wall, she was acting completely psychotic and trying to rip her hair out. All for no reason at all. They found out it was a reaction to that particular medication. Needless to say, I refuse to give my daughters the Tamiflu and I am not taking it. I'm exposed to so much sickness at work that hopefully my body is building up resistance towards a lot of these viruses.

My younger daughter started in with a fever yesterday, but seems much better today. Hopefully she just had a "touch" of the flu and that's the worst she'll have. Kailey (the one that first got it) is still running a low grade fever, but she'll be ok. She's a trooper!

mutzrein said:
I call it superstition :-?

As long as I don't drive to work and a black cat crosses the road, or when I pull up and come inside the building and the men are cleaning the windows so therefore I must go under the ladder. After drinking my coffe I go to the kitchen and hit my hand on the paper-towel dispensor and the mirror falls down and breaks. After leaving work, a black bird enters my into my car window. Then I would be having a bad day..

That never happened -Knock on wood

Both my girls are completely better. :biggrin No fevers since yesterday afternoon and this morning, they were back to their usual selves.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back