Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

For those who ascribe to Salvation by Grace through faith

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's perfectly clear that the Bible ascribes to the fact that God, has provided a way to receive His mercy and forgiveness. And that is through the "shed blood" of His Son... Eternal life can only be attained only "one" way. There's not several ways to God or even a few, there's "one. Jesus said, "I am the way." Christ did ALL the work and God expects us to place only, our faith in Christ...We are ALL sinners. Christ died for the sins of ALL mankind, but, we must place our faith in what He did. We must first "hear" about God's (free gift of eternal life) through the Bible. Next The Holy Spirit uses that truth to convict us of sin. Once we "realize" we are lost sinners headed for eternal separation from God and eternal punishment, we must make a decision to believe and put our faith in Jesus as our "ONLY" Lord and Savior. The Spirit indwells and seals us and we are now "Born-again Spiritually" and now am considered "a child of God." This process is entirely done by the Grace of God, it cannot be earned by doing "good works," being baptized, going to church regularly, or anything else. It is a gift of God, because He loved the world and made provision for the forgiveness of sins and He gave us eternal life with Him as well... We must receive Christ though faith, "individually." We are "sanctified" (cleansed) by the Holy Spirit (at the time we choose to put our faith in Christ) All are welcome to participate in this discussion...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark 16:15,16; Acts 2:38

I would, wager a guess that you come from a "Pentecostal" background. And I will "respect" what you believe but, I'm sorry, I don't share those beliefs...It's true God IS the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but I trust in the fact that, He deals with man differently during certain periods of time. What happened (at Pentecost) was a "special" situation and "not the norm." I have nothing against "water Baptism" as long as people realize it's a "outward showing" of an inner change and something they want to show the public relating to their salvation. But, water baptism does not save us. We must be born-again, and that's "Spirit Baptism."

Grubal Muruch

I didn't know gambling was allowed on this forum. Well then, I bet a quid you're an Evangelical Protestant. Very probably a Dispensationalist.

FC

I'd bet he's a member of the church the body of Christ. Sealed unto the day of redemption who has spiritual blessings in heavenly places, & not waiting for his atonement at the second coming of Christ.

I'd bet he's a member of the church the body of Christ. Sealed unto the day of redemption who has spiritual blessings in heavenly places, & not waiting for his atonement at the second coming of Christ.

Wrong guess!!! Just a simple Bible believing, Christ centered, non-Calvinist, non--Arminian, Grace through faith, Born-again "child of God..."

This process is entirely done by the Grace of God, it cannot be earned by doing "good works," .......
If this is so, please explain this statement of Pauls's from Romans 8:

So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for (Y)if you are living according to the flesh, you [f]must die; but if by the Spirit you are (Z)putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

...sure seems like an unambiguous declaration that "how we live" plays a role in determining whether we will "live".

I Like what you said Grubal. The only issues I have with your theology is that There remains the issue of whether a person believes by their own freewill or through revelation from God. Another way to say this is to say, there remains the issue of whether those who do not believe in the Christ are controlled by Satan through a deception or corruption of the heart and mind.

If I believe, it is by freewill, then I will not even consider the motions of Satanic influence in mankind nor the mechanics of how we are manipulated. Nor therefore do I recognize the purpose of God allowing it to be done through revelation. This brings forth two completely different views of why to believe in the Christ depending upon which way one believes.

To put it simply, if I have a freewill, then I am accepting Jesus' death for me and rejoicing that someone else suffered in my stead for that which I justly should have suffered. My sense of righteousness does not concede that this is an equitable trade. If however I believe that men were deceived and did not by freewill choose to sin, then I can partake of the sacrifice of Christ with a clean conscience, knowing he was protecting us from an unjust and merciless prosecutor known as Satan.

Wrong guess!!! Just a simple Bible believing, Christ centered, non-Calvinist, non--Arminian, Grace through faith, Born-again "child of God..."

Sorry to hear that, your not member of the Church the Body of Christ.

If this is so, please explain this statement of Pauls's from Romans 8:

So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for (Y)if you are living according to the flesh, you [f]must die; but if by the Spirit you are (Z)putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

...sure seems like an unambiguous declaration that "how we live" plays a role in determining whether we will "live".

These are two separate "groupings" those who, are in the flesh (unsaved) and those who are (born-again,) Spirit filled people who have trusted in Christ for their salvation...

Again, Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38. Your argument Grubal (miss spelled? ) is with Jesus and Peter, not me. You don't have to guess whose side I take in this one.

God bless

I Like what you said Grubal. The only issues I have with your theology is that There remains the issue of whether a person believes by their own freewill or through revelation from God. Another way to say this is to say, there remains the issue of whether those who do not believe in the Christ are controlled by Satan through a deception or corruption of the heart and mind.

If I believe, it is by freewill, then I will not even consider the motions of Satanic influence in mankind nor the mechanics of how we are manipulated. Nor therefore do I recognize the purpose of God allowing it to be done through revelation. This brings forth two completely different views of why to believe in the Christ depending upon which way one believes.

To put it simply, if I have a freewill, then I am accepting Jesus' death for me and rejoicing that someone else suffered in my stead for that which I justly should have suffered. My sense of righteousness does not concede that this is an equitable trade. If however I believe that men were deceived and did not by freewill choose to sin, then I can partake of the sacrifice of Christ with a clean conscience, knowing he was protecting us from an unjust and merciless prosecutor known as Satan.

childeye-----I Like what you said Grubal. The only issues I have with your theology is that There remains the issue of whether a person believes by their own freewill or through revelation from God. Another way to say this is to say, there remains the issue of whether those who do not believe in the Christ are controlled by Satan through a deception or corruption of the heart and mind.

Grubal-----We have a (God given) free-will, that's given to ALL that are born into this world. And when we "hear" the truth of God's forgiveness and mercy preached, the Holy Spirit uses that word to convict the heart of man, of sin. Once the man realizes he is a sinner in need of a Savior, he has the opportunity to "place" this (God given, from birth) faith in Jesus Christ his only Savior. Once he does, the Spirit "sanctify's" the man (cleanse's, sets aside the man for God,) The Spirit indwells and seals the believer for eternity. And they now are considered a "child of God" destined for eternal life with God...

childeye-----Another way to say this is to say, there remains the issue of whether those who do not believe in the Christ are controlled by Satan through a deception or corruption of the heart and mind.

Grubal----Any influence Satan may have over an unbeliever will not hold the believer back from placing their faith in Christ...

childeye-----To put it simply, if I have a freewill, then I am accepting Jesus' death for me and rejoicing that someone else suffered in my stead for that which I justly should have suffered. My sense of righteousness does not concede that this is an equitable trade. If however I believe that men were deceived and did not by freewill choose to sin, then I can partake of the sacrifice of Christ with a clean conscience, knowing he was protecting us from an unjust and merciless prosecutor known as Satan.

Grubal----That seems to be a lot of "extreme" focus and introspection and I don't believe anyone actually examines things that excessively... That would probably be a "personal" examination of this or that and wouldn't be considered, "the norm." Once we realize we're a lost sinner headed for everlasting punishment and separation from God we must make a decision to place our faith or not...

Again, Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38. Your argument Grubal (miss spelled? ) is with Jesus and Peter, not me. You don't have to guess whose side I take in this one.

God bless

Was I correct? Do you have a background in "Pentecostalism?" You don't have to answer but, the verses you choose, seem to imply such...

God bless

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. -John 13:20

And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles. -Acts 22:21

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. -Romans 2:16

Maybe you have an argument with Jesus and Paul.

Sorry to hear that, your not member of the Church the Body of Christ.

I misunderstood what you said earlier. I was under the impression you were speaking about a particular church affiliation and not being a member of "THE" body of Christ, which I indeed, am...

I would, wager a guess that you come from a "Pentecostal" background. And I will "respect" what you believe but, I'm sorry, I don't share those beliefs...It's true God IS the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, but I trust in the fact that, He deals with man differently during certain periods of time. What happened (at Pentecost) was a "special" situation and "not the norm." I have nothing against "water Baptism" as long as people realize it's a "outward showing" of an inner change and something they want to show the public relating to their salvation. But, water baptism does not save us. We must be born-again, and that's "Spirit Baptism."

I'm not sure what was intended by supplying those specific texts, though one was to spread the gospel, and the other speaks to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. As you say it refers to the "Comforter" who comes to reside in those who are saved. Acts 2 takes place after the resurrection when the Holy Spirit is sent down to impart His divine influence through the gospel message and over the believers.

It's where the great power of the gospel really begins. We see the power when everyone heard the message in their own language, and the conversion that resulted. I'm sure at the time Jesus said these words, the apostles had no real understanding of what would happen at Pentecost and beyond. They soon saw the results.
John 15:26-27 said:
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. -John 13:20

And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles. -Acts 22:21

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. -Romans 2:16

Maybe you have an argument with Jesus and Paul.

Please clarify what your trying to convey?? I can't comprehend what your saying?? Thanks!!

I'm not sure what was intended by supplying those specific texts, though one was to spread the gospel, and the other speaks to the baptism of the Holy Spirit. As you say it refers to the "Comforter" who comes to reside in those who are saved. Acts 2 takes place after the resurrection when the Holy Spirit is sent down to impart His divine influence through the gospel message and over the believers.

It's where the great power of the gospel really begins. We see the power when everyone heard the message in their own language, and the conversion that resulted. I'm sure at the time Jesus said these words, the apostles had no real understanding of what would happen at Pentecost and beyond. They soon saw the results.

Your right, it was indeed, the coming of the Holy Spirit. With the rushing wind etc. This was a "special" period of time. Christ said, unless He would go away, the comforter would not come. And that was the order of things. You are correct...

Now see ..... I took what you've said here to mean believers are members of the body of Christ...not speaking of any particular Church. We are the "church" when we are in the body. Correctly you've stated that we are sealed, and the atonement isn't anything we await.

I'm I incorrect?

Back