Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Found favor:

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You cannot compare the description of a throne in an allegorical/metaphorical vision in Revelation with the throne in a letter like Hebrews and just say that they are different thrones.

One is a "throne of grace" and the other a throne made of gold. That is not a comparison on which any posiiton could be taken to say they are two thrones.

I have no idea if you have read Hebrews from start to end, but that is the only way to understand the term "throne of grace" in context as it is being used as part of a case for Jesus' absolute supremacy & sufficiency as mediator of God's grace. There is zero mention or inference of Mary in any of this letter.

Ironically enough our church is starting a series on Hebrews in the upcoming weeks and I assume we wil be starting from the very beginning of the book and pulling it apart chapter by chapter. We live stream our morning service and it is then available on YouTube to view. More than happy to send you the link.
Lk 1:28 “Full of grace”!
Who does this refer to?
Thanks

I’m not going to defend the charismaniacs
Bilocation is common in the saints
Lk 1:37
They who believe shall do greater works than these
Thanks
Sure happens every day ,but the Lord himself fully able pre death didn't do that .

I don't buy visions of a nun who says something about a chosen person ,the only person who the cc says is assured her salvation. All other saints ,nope.

I have seen things .doesn't mean that. said nun aware she did that ?

Probably not. She would have mentioned it .

Lk 1:28 “Full of grace”!
Who does this refer to?
Thanks
In replying to my post, you actually ignored everything in that post as you have done in previous discussion threads. So no response around the the letter to Hebrews and the spurious quoting of the throne out of context as well as a genuine invitation to watch/listen to a series of talks on this very book.

Luke 1:28 says that Mary found favour with God. It does not say she was "full of grace" at all. A huge difference!!

The link provided 13 translations of that verse and "full or grace" is not mentioned in any. Found favour is very different and does not infer anything beyond a love for God and his commandments and Gos's repsonse to that.

In replying to my post, you actually ignored everything in that post as you have done in previous discussion threads. So no response around the the letter to Hebrews and the spurious quoting of the throne out of context as well as a genuine invitation to watch/listen to a series of talks on this very book.

Luke 1:28 says that Mary found favour with God. It does not say she was "full of grace" at all. A huge difference!!

The link provided 13 translations of that verse and "full or grace" is not mentioned in any. Found favour is very different and does not infer anything beyond a love for God and his commandments and Gos's repsonse to that.
In Luke 1:28, Gabriel addressed Mary with, “Hail” followed by the word, “kecharitomene”. This Greek word is translated as “most favored or highly favored” and from the traditional Latin translation of “full of grace“ (gratia plena). However, this unique word means Mary was “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace." [Blass and DeBrunner, A Greek Grammar of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature]. No one else in Scripture or history is described by this word. It is completely unique and fitting only to Mary, as it is fitting and unique only to the person who would give a human nature to the Logos.

Here's another interesting observation about the Annunciation St. Luke describes at Nazareth: Notice how Gabriel addresses Mary. He addresses her with, "Hail", rather than her name. This was a formal address used in the courts of kings and queens. It is meant to both honor and reverence the person being addressed. However, man is lower than angels in the order of grace. Hence in the Scriptures, man always honors and venerates the angels. What makes this encounter unique is here, Gabriel actually honors and venerates Mary. The Blessed Virgin was superior to any of the angels in the fullness of grace, and as an indication of this, Gabriel showed reverence to her by greeting her with a title, "Hail, full of grace" rather than her name.

Lastly, it is important to remember that Satan hates Mary. Mary embodies the promises of redemption in her person. She is the type, figure and image of the Church. In her person is the fullness of redemption and she reveals what it means to be redeemed. Thus, anyone who seeks to denigrate her or diminish her role in the economy of salvation is acting in the spirit of anti-Christ.

Last edited:
In Luke 1:28, Gabriel addressed Mary with, “Hail” followed by the word, “kecharitomene”. This Greek word is translated as “most favored or highly favored” and from the traditional Latin translation of “full of grace“ (gratia plena). However, this unique word means Mary was “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace." [Blass and DeBrunner, A Greek Grammar of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature]. No one else in Scripture or history is described by this word. It is completely unique and fitting only to Mary, as it is fitting and unique only to the person who would give a human nature to the Logos.

Here's another interesting observation about the Annunciation St. Luke describes at Nazareth: Notice how Gabriel addresses Mary. He addresses her with, "Hail", rather than her name. This was a formal address used in the courts of kings and queens. It is meant to both honor and reverence the person being addressed. However, man is lower than angels in the order of grace. Hence in the Scriptures, man always honors and venerates the angels. What makes this encounter unique is here, Gabriel actually honors and venerates Mary. The Blessed Virgin was superior to any of the angels in the fullness of grace, and as an indication of this, Gabriel showed reverence to her by greeting her with a title, "Hail, full of grace" rather than her name.

Lastly, it is important to remember that Satan hates Mary. Mary embodies the promises of redemption in her person. She is the type, figure and image of the Church. In her person is the fullness of redemption and she reveals what it means to be redeemed. Thus, anyone who seeks to denigrate her or diminish her role in the economy of salvation is acting in the spirit of anti-Christ.
Please see me post #3 in this thread.

I am not diminishing her role but rather seeking to establish a biblically based foundation for Mary and her role or rather lack thereof in our salvation.

She found favour with God and was chosen by Him to bear His Son to fulfill what was foretold in Isaiah.

A woman of great faith, yes. An active & integral part of our salvation, no. Such a posiiton is not anti-Christ as you put it but rather pro-Christ for he has provided all we need for our salvation.

Please see me post #3 in this thread.
I will respond to it. Please be patient though, as the shot gun posts (whereby you spray a series of things all at once) require time to address each objection.
I am not diminishing her role but rather seeking to establish a biblically based foundation for Mary and her role or rather lack thereof in our salvation.

She found favour with God and was chosen by Him to bear His Son to fulfill what was foretold in Isaiah.

A woman of great faith, yes. An active & integral part of our salvation, no. Such a posiiton is not anti-Christ as you put it but rather pro-Christ for he has provided all we need for our salvation.
Herein lies the problem. Mary was not just some ordinary woman God so happen to stumble across who happened to still be a virgin in Nazareth 2000 years ago. She literally gave God a human nature. Think about that. Mary was absolutely extraordinary. To understand Mary, you must understand the Incarnation.

Mary was included in the plan of salvation from the beginning. Thus there are many types and figures of her in the Old Testament. These include Eve, Sara, Deborah, Judith and Esther. In addition, there are four principal prophesies of Mary in the Old Testament, one of which you mentioned in Isaiah. Here they are:

I. The protoevangelium of Genesis 3:15 (KJV) - "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

II. The Virgin Birth of Isaiah 7:14 (KJV) "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

III. The woman whose son will be a ruler from Bethlehem in Micah 5:2-3 (KJV) - "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel."

IV. The God-man in the womb in Jeremiah 31:22 (KJV) - "How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man."

This demonstrates Mary was not an ordinary and random person, but rather extraordinary. She is faithful Israel personified. This is why Satan hates Mary. And, anyone who seeks to denigrate her or diminish her role in salvation history, is acting in the spirit of anti-Christ.

"For, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed." - Luke 1:48

Protestant version

Luke 1:28

Wycliffe Bible
28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Thanks

Protestant version

Luke 1:28​

Wycliffe Bible​

28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Thanks

Another Protestant version

Tyndale Bible
Luke 1:28 ---> "And ye angell went in vnto her and sayde: Hayle full of grace ye Lorde is with ye: blessed arte thou amonge wemen."

Back