Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fox News Poll: Most Americans think Trump lacks "mental fitness" to be president.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

A Fox News poll found that 56% of Americans do not believe former President Donald Trump has the "mental soundness" to be president.

A survey conducted by the conservative outlet gave Trump a 33-point lead over Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL).

The survey also compared President Joe Biden's character to Trump.

Biden had a 9-point advantage over Trump regarding honesty and an 8-point lead for empathy. 11% fewer people also believe that Biden is corrupt.

Hi Barbarian

Sadly, I think that most Americans think that both of the past candidates are on the downhill side of mental sharpness. What about Kennedy? Yea, I know he was against vaccines and masking and hopefully we won't have to deal with such an issue so quickly again. So, maybe what he believes on those subjects won't ever be tested during his administration. I also like the looks of Hutchinson on the Republican side. A strong conservative, but lives in the world of today. He's about the only Republican candidate that stood all along against the Grump and his lies. I certainly respect that from any Republican candidate. At least it's someone who recognizes the reality of truth.

God bless,
Ted

A Fox News poll found that 56% of Americans do not believe former President Donald Trump has the "mental soundness" to be president.

A survey conducted by the conservative outlet gave Trump a 33-point lead over Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL).

Biden had a 9-point advantage over Trump regarding honesty and an 8-point lead for empathy. 11% fewer people also believe that Biden is corrupt.

Oh ok.

Well we should all just vote for Joe Biden then, since he is the obvious choice, being so mentally sound and all.

:thumbsup

Hi again Barbarian

However, on the bright side, I think things are beginning to look much brighter under Pres. Biden. The one problem he's always struggled with is the economy. He took over at a tough time. Right in the middle of the Covid meltdown. Kind of like Pres. Obama taking over right in the middle of the meltdown that he pulled us through. But, I have a feeling, and of course it's based on several things happening, which may or may not come to pass, that if he can get this debt issue handled, we'll begin to appreciate his savvy work. Generally speaking, when these things get resolved, the markets pop. People begin to feel better about the economy. Then, if say, 6 months from now we can bring the Ukraine conflict to a successful close, Pres. Biden may go into the home stretch on a pretty strong horse.

Just the thoughts of a sick and demented mind. LOL

God bless,
Ted

Well we should all just vote for Joe Biden then, since he is the obvious choice, being so mentally sound and all.
Of course, he easily out smarted Donald Trump in a series of debates, but that's not really a great feat, is it? On the other hand, he just managed to hornswoggle McCarthy into abandoning his attempt to put the US into default. The lunatic wing of the GOP is furious, but McCarthy was just outclassed by Biden.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy defended his budget deal with President Biden against conservative critics on Sunday.

McCarthy, R-Calif., faced attacks from members of the House Freedom Caucus after unveiling an "agreement in principle" with the White House this weekend.
Rep. Dan Bishop, R-N.C., described the plan as "utter capitulation" earlier this weekend.

Rep. Chip Roy, R-Texas, also laid out criticism of the bill early Sunday morning, saying it does virtually nothing to roll back Biden's expansion of the IRS.

While McCarthy touted canceling the IRS's $1.8 billion funding expansion in 2023, critics pointed out that it was only a small fraction of the $80 billion in funds the IRS was set to receive in the coming years.

The extreme right members of the GOP house are particularly upset about McCarthy being unable to do much of anything about more funding for the IRS. Their patrons are really angry, since that will allow the IRS to hire accountants and other experts who will be more easily able to detect cheating by wealthy people and corporations, while adding no oversight over middle class taxpayers.

For an old guy, Biden has quite a record of outsmarting "very stable geniuses." He's kind of made a career out of drygultching anyone gullible enough to underestimate him. McCarthy is just the latest victim.

Hi JLB
Well, you should if you don't want to listen to four years of whining. Notice how quietly and unassuming Pres. Biden works the job of being the President of the greatest nation on earth. He doesn't have to bellow and brag. He doesn't have to call people nasty names...and he gets things done. He's already gotten a great infrastructure deal done. He's able to work with, not against others. He understands that politics is not a game where you always get everything you want. He understands that it's not his job to make the laws. He understands the importance of separating the three bodies of our government from ruling over the other.

Trump couldn't operate as smoothly as Joe Biden has done on his very best day on the golf course. He just can't do it. He's not wired that way. He always has to be on the attack after somebody. Which I suppose some see as great...until that somebody is you.

Pres. Biden closed out the talks with McCarthy and spoke great words of encouragement and support for him as a negotiator. You see, Biden knows how to be gracious, when necessary. Biden knows how to respect the pomp and circumstance of the position. He just quietly steers the ship as we plow through rough seas. Doing the best he can to keep us all afloat and fed and happy...well, except for those who can't be happy because they didn't win.

Of course, in another year and a half, we get to make a choice again. It's how the United States government was established to operate. Not by the will of some tyrant, but rather by the will of the people.

God bless,
Ted

Hi JLB

Well, you should if you don't want to listen to four years of whining. Notice how quietly and unassuming Pres. Biden works the job of being the President of the greatest nation on earth. He doesn't have to bellow and brag. He doesn't have to call people nasty names...and he gets things done. He's already gotten a great infrastructure deal done. He's able to work with, not against others. He understands that politics is not a game where you always get everything you want. He understands that it's not his job to make the laws. He understands the importance of separating the three bodies of our government from ruling over the other.

Trump couldn't operate as smoothly as Joe Biden has done on his very best day on the golf course. He just can't do it. He's not wired that way. He always has to be on the attack after somebody. Which I suppose some see as great...until that somebody is you.

Pres. Biden closed out the talks with McCarthy and spoke great words of encouragement and support for him as a negotiator. You see, Biden knows how to be gracious, when necessary. Biden knows how to respect the pomp and circumstance of the position. He just quietly steers the ship as we plow through rough seas. Doing the best he can to keep us all afloat and fed and happy...well, except for those who can't be happy because they didn't win.

Of course, in another year and a half, we get to make a choice again. It's how the United States government was established to operate. Not by the will of some tyrant, but rather by the will of the people.

God bless,
Ted

What I find amazing is it don't matter who wins, both sides always say the same thing about the other and make up excuses.

Happy except for those who can't be happy because they didn't win?. You mean like everyone was happy when Trump won and no one complained?.

I personally don't think former President Trump has the mental capacity to be president. I also say the same for our current president as well as our current Vice President. I laugh every time I hear someone say that we should impeach our President. First, I have to ask on what grounds and second, if he is impeached we'd have someone worse at the helm. I find it totally absurd that these three individuals have been chosen as the best of the best to lead and represent our country. :eek

Hi WIP
three individuals have been chosen as the best of the best to lead and represent our country. :eek
I'm not sure that our election process ever really gives us the 'best of the best'. It's only people with enough chutzpah to run the race in most cases. I'm sure that there are many, many 'better' people for the job living in the nation, they just don't want the job.

God bless,
Ted

Reactions: WIP
It has nothing to do with being smart. It's just that our voting population are too stupid and uninformed to cast a smart vote. To think that we actually voted for these candidates is frightening to me.
"Never underestimate the power of large numbers of stupid people."
George Carlin

• Haha
Reactions: WIP
Well a leader is voted by the people, of the people, for the people, so the people get what they vote for. If half the people think Biden is mentally unstable the other half think Trump is mentally unstable, then what is that saying about the people. Lol.

Well a leader is voted by the people, of the people, for the people, so the people get what they vote for. If half the people think Biden is mentally unstable the other half think Trump is mentally unstable, then what is that saying about the people. Lol.
McCarthy, still recovering from his attempt to gain some advantage over Biden, has a different perspective...

But it seems Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) isn't on message.

Asked about Biden, McCarthy said: "I thought his team was very professional, very smart, very tough, at the same time, so...." The fact that McCarthy said "team" threw reporters off. They asked again, specifically about Biden. "What I was referring to was the president. I was talking about President Biden, yes."

Voice of experience, I suppose. McCarthy learns from experience, it seems.

The thing is people vote for representatives yet the people don't get a say once they are voted in. Like for example the people vote a leader in and that leader can go and sign the peoples future away without there approval. For example it could be UN or WHO treaties.

It's like the most important issues peoppe don't get a say. I mean what I got the choice if I want to change what a flag looks like or if somekne is dknt even know wants to smoke weed?. I mean, why couldn't I have had a vote on the TPP?, that would be more in the countries interest.

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st
The thing is people vote for representatives yet the people don't get a say once they are voted in.
Well, I can't speak for where you are, but our entire system is set up as representative. But that doesn't mean that everyone gets their way. It means that, generally speaking, the majority side wins and is accepted, by virtue of being the majority side, to be 'what' the people want. But it's only a majority, so there are still as many as 49% of people unhappy with everything said and done in their government unless they get to stand up on their soapbox in front of their house and declare to the powers that be what they want. But then that guys neighbors and others of the community also would get to stand on their personal soapboxes and so the individual may still not get his way.

However, in answer to your question, yes, here in the States, we are all represented by our legislators. How wieldy do you think the process would be if the entire nation had to vote on every issue that was decided in our legislature. I mean really, have you even given a thought to how long and tedious the process of governing would be under such a system? And you know what? The majority would still win and so you likely still won't get your way if it's bucking the system in anyway. No!!!!! There is absolutely no nation on the face of the earth where the individuals governed have an individual physical say and presence in the process of governing. You know, there could be a reason for that.

God bless,
Ted

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st

Well, I can't speak for where you are, but our entire system is set up as representative. But that doesn't mean that everyone gets their way. It means that, generally speaking, the majority side wins and is accepted, by virtue of being the majority side, to be 'what' the people want. But it's only a majority, so there are still as many as 49% of people unhappy with everything said and done in their government unless they get to stand up on their soapbox in front of their house and declare to the powers that be what they want. But then that guys neighbors and others of the community also would get to stand on their personal soapboxes and so the individual may still not get his way.

However, in answer to your question, yes, here in the States, we are all represented by our legislators. How wieldy do you think the process would be if the entire nation had to vote on every issue that was decided in our legislature. I mean really, have you even given a thought to how long and tedious the process of governing would be under such a system? And you know what? The majority would still win and so you likely still won't get your way if it's bucking the system in anyway. No!!!!! There is absolutely no nation on the face of the earth where the individuals governed have an individual physical say and presence in the process of governing. You know, there could be a reason for that.

God bless,
Ted

I am pro government in the way that I understand there needs to be a form of law and order for stability and i respect the values of my country where everyone is protected equally under law and has equal rights, well suppose to anyhow, otherwise I would guess ruthless gangs would be fighting and ruling and doing as they please controlling society.

I remember when Trump won and some people were complaining about, is it called the college vote?, or whatever it is, where regions get a say. I mean majority rule is mob rule, the cities would rule over the farmers for example and farmers also need to have there say as they know more about farming that the mass majority of those who live in the city.

Back