Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Friday, the 13th

l'Chante

Today is Friday 13th. *Scary background music* I know my grandmother and her generation had all sorts of weird believes, so when a black cat ran across the road this morning, I was in hysterics.

They believed that if you eat pork marrow you will go crazy, and if you eat pumpkin your hair will become curly. :screwloose :lol :biglaugh

Any silly beliefs like that in your countries?

does anyone here know where the story of Friday the 13th came from. I already know, I just want to see who else out there does.

logical bob said:
Is it because Jesus was crucified on a Friday and there were 13 people at the last supper?

Nope!

Friday the 13th is because on a Friday the 13th a couple hundred years ago the Vatican guard and the French army massacred the Knight's Templar. In a single day they killed very member of the Templar EXCEPT the head of the Templar. He died three days later on an island in Paris. He was burnt at the stake.

l'Chante said:
Tina said:
What's wrong with curly hair ?? ..... :confused
Nothing. People think it is beautiful - that's why all the woman where always eating loads of pumpkin. :biglaugh

Darn, it's already Saturday the 14th for me .... If I knew, I would eaten some pumpkin yesterday and gotten a free hair perm ..... :silly

l'Chante said:
Today is Friday 13th. *Scary background music* I know my grandmother and her generation had all sorts of weird believes, so when a black cat ran across the road this morning, I was in hysterics.

They believed that if you eat pork marrow you will go crazy, and if you eat pumpkin your hair will become curly. :screwloose :lol :biglaugh

The USA has plenty, but me, I'm not superstitious. Christianity is not a religion of superstitions. :amen

l'Chante said:

It's good for your health to roll around naked in the dew on the night of June 24 (the night before June 25).

jasoncran said:
try having the name jason on this day. :bigfrown

why did they ever make those movies. :mad

:rolling :biglol :rolling :clap

Sorry, Dukey. It took me about half an hour to stop laughing. :biglaugh :biglaugh

Theofilus said:
It's good for your health to roll around naked in the dew on the night of June 24 (the night before June 25).

:o

:lol It wouldn't be good for your health if you saw me doing that!

cousin tadpole was the one that visited toadwort and kicked duke igthorn and made the ogres clean up. toadwort allied himself with the gummy bears and restored duke igthorn to power.lol
and i did watch to many 80s toons.

jasoncran said:
cousin tadpole was the one that visited toadwort and kicked duke igthorn and made the ogres clean up. toadwort allied himself with the gummy bears and restored duke igthorn to power.lol
:shrug :confused :screwloose

Pard said:
jasoncran said:

Oh. I thought you were refering to me. :D

Ian, whaddayou know, kiddo? It's a 'grown-up in touch with my inner child' thing. :biglaugh

Pard said:
jasoncran said:
I don't think I want to know either! :lol LOL

jasoncran said:

GUMMI BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce :clap3 :clap2
[youtube:494ck2bx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFQDEMWv3yw[/youtube:494ck2bx]

Back