Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Friends

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Pard

I know this is going to sound stupid lame but, I need some friends and I need some help with prayers. I had some very close friends, so close that I pretty much never had a need for others. We did lots of stuff together, every day, it was a great time. But it God laid upon my heart that I cut ties with them. I did just that. And now I don't really have anyone at all. That's not such a big deal since I work enough that I don't generally notice it, but still, it's grueling.

Someone is gonna say "church dummy!". Problem is the church I go to is the one my grandmother goes to, because she needs a ride there, and it's not much in the way of a place for a 20 year old guy to find a friend, or at least one who wants me for more than to be an oxygen caddy...

Those friends I cut ties with had been my friends since 1st grade. I don't really know how to make friends, I just feel awkward and yeah. I'm awesome at making acquaintances, like I'm a pro at it, probably, but friends, not so much.

Praise the LORD that you listened to Him. If you followed God's Will you will never be disappointed. I will be praying for you.

I am in a similar situation as well. I had one very good friend for 7 years before ties were cut as for the duration of the friendship, I backslid several times. It was also difficult finding people to hang out with at church, as there was no one within my age range.

I started going to events at a different church, a Bible Study group where the people are older then me, and then a Youth Group where people are younger then me. Although, I'm still lonely, it alleviates it and thankful that I am around people that love God.

I pray that God will lead you to some friends that will encourage and enrich you and whom you can also encourage. It is not a "stupid lame" at all to ask for such a thing as we are to live in relationships with others.

I once felt I had a need for a mentor and I prayed for 8 years until I finally met him. He was an assistant pastor at a church we both used to attend, and we still keep in contact today. So be patient and persevere and I believe God will honor your prayers.:yes

I especially like this saying, “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.â€

My prayer goes for you Pard, reading your posts & previous posts… I think you’re a cool person :yes. God bless you.:wave

I know this is going to sound stupid lame but, I need some friends and I need some help with prayers.
I had some very close friends, so close that I pretty much never had a need forothers. We did lots of stuff together, every day, it was a great time. But it God laid upon my heart that I cut ties with them. I did just that.
Praise the LORD that you listened to Him. If you followed God's Will you will never be disappointed.

And we would have labelled you a 'big fool' if you had not listened to God's instruction to cut ties with the people.
Idon't really know how to make friends, I just feel awkward and yeah. I'm awesome at making acquaintances, like I'm a pro at it,probably, but friends, not so much.
Hehe! Soccer will give you friends, not American Football;)
Barça is the ultimate choice...

Back